Change your mind, change your world!

Author Topic: Change your mind, change your world!  (Read 5670 times)

Offline shaif kazi

• Nothing is more dangerous than a familiar face!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.plaxo.com/directory/profile/206159832362/fe33573f/k/shaif
Change your mind, change your world!
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:20:13 AM »
You cannot change the world, but you can present the world with one improved person - Yourself. You can go to work on yourself to make yours lf into the kind of person you admire and respect. You can become a role model and set a standard for others. You can control and discipline yourself to resist acting or speaking in a negative way toward anyone for any reason. You can insist upon always doing things the loving way, Rather than the hurtful way. By doing these things each day, you can continue on your journey toward becoming an exceptional human being.Be mindful that happiness isn't based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people we love and respect.

We are used to believing the opposite, that we cannot change the world, being the humble individuals we are. However, we either reinforce or change the way things are around us with every little thing we do. We establish and change the social world we live in every day. We call that social design.

We as people cannot escape acting in relation to other people. Even if we choose to live alone on a deserted island, that is design of our social reality. The social world is created as a result of the dynamics of all our individual actions. We cannot not be social. We cannot not design. We cannot not change the world.

Design, in this sense, is any circumstance that is a result of action. Therefore it is much more than is included in the traditional meaning of the word: the shaping of products and services. This broad definition also implicates that design can be unconscious. It is there whether we are aware of it or not. It is inescapable.   Social design, then, is at the same time a great opportunity and a great responsibility because it relies on the choices we make every day. It is the perception of a man-made reality that consequently can only be changed by man.

The term social design appears regularly in a wide range of contexts across the globe, though it is put to very different uses and given very different meanings. We put forth a broad definition to encompass the many different initiatives and projects related to social design that exist today. People around the world are initiating highly interesting projects that explore the social world and highlight possibilities of social change. We work together in the framework of social design.

The intention is to foster a discourse for the subject on a broader level by facilitating the meeting between a wide range of different audiences and professional environments. Social Design Site should be the seed that hopefully grows into evaluation, inquiry and discussion of the developing concept of social design.  

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:52:41 AM by shaif kazi »
shaif kazi
LLB (Department of Law)
ID Number: 092-26-014

Offline ymislam

• View Profile
Re: Change your mind, change your world!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
Dear Shaif,

Welcome to the HRDI forum!

I read your piece. If it is original, bravo! It is a great piece of writing.

Based on your thoughts, perhaps we can start a campaign called 'DAGT' or Do A Good Turn! Each day, each of us at DIU would do at least ONE good turn to someone. The person can report this in the forum and also become an example to others.

Unfortunately, we have a culture of thinking negatively. Supporting your thoughts, I would like to give an example of how negative thoughts are created by the shortcoming in our own thoughts. For this example, we have to use our imaginations a bit. Imagine a one-year-old child learning to stand and walk. At the same time imagine an adult of 30 years who has never walked in his life, suddenly has the opportunity to learn to stand and walk. Both will fall a number of times as they try to stand and walk. The question is however, how will each view the act of falling down?

How will the child view falling down? Compare this with how the adult will feel about falling. Once the child is able to stand, the child looks around for appreciation. For the child, each fall adds to 'how-to-not-walk' experience and finally with the range of experiences, the child has developed confidence. With each fall the adult will most likely think of failure and may lose hope of standing and walking. To the child everything is a 'learning experience'. To the adult most things may be unfortunately negative. The question for analysis is who has the right attitude, the child or the adult?

Everything in life is a learning experience. Let us learn and move ahead.

-Yousuf
Vice Chancellor
& Executive Director, HRD Institute, Daffodil International University

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:22:52 PM »
Let's us start....

Yesterday i was proactive the whole day rather than being reactive. I encouraged my students positively. I didn't lose my temper. I was cool and calm though some untoward activities and people were instigating me to be angry. But i tried my level best to compose myself. Alhamdulillah finally i won....i achieved what i cherished. I told this to one of my colleagues. He seemed to agree with me.   
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:29:57 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shaif kazi

• Nothing is more dangerous than a familiar face!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.plaxo.com/directory/profile/206159832362/fe33573f/k/shaif
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 03:36:53 PM »
Dear Yousuf sir,

I'm grateful to you for your integral speech.You always advice us right thing in right time which will encourage us to doing better in future.The best of my knowledge, positives attitude and nervousness is opposite for each other.So, personally i think student should prevail their negative attitude to doing something better.Changing the world is not a essay work! But the youth can doing anything to use their  intelligence, skill of power, courage, knowledge!

If you’ve been getting to know the real “you”. Sir “Just tell me what I have to do to change this or that. I’m not interested in the touchie feely stuff.”

Thank you
shaif kazi
LLB    
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:46:16 PM by shaif kazi »
shaif kazi
LLB (Department of Law)
ID Number: 092-26-014

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »
"Positive Attitude: power within you!

Positive attitude helps to cope more easily with the daily affairs of life. It brings optimism into your life, and makes it easier to avoid worry and negative thinking. If you adopt it as a way of life, it will bring constructive changes into your life, and makes them happier, brighter and more successful. With a positive attitude you see the bright side of life, become optimistic and expect the best to happen. It is certainly a state of mind that is well worth developing and strengthening." I truly agree with the above quotation made by Raju bhai
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline tushar_200727

• Say GOODBYE, With no Sympathy!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 12:06:36 PM »
Thanks for all the hard word.........
Sanaullah Tushar
Department of CSE
Daffodil International University
email: sanaullah1242@diu.edu.bd