ELC WEEK END FILM SHOW

Author Topic: ELC WEEK END FILM SHOW  (Read 6314 times)

Offline kulsum

• View Profile
ELC WEEK END FILM SHOW
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:53:03 PM »
HEY VIWERS,

Hope by this time you are familiar with our regular film show. Tomorrow is our 3rd session. Hope seen already in posters. Once again another invitation for you all. Prominent film maker YASMINE KABIR is coming up with her three award winning documentary.

TOMORROW@3:00PM(20th October)

@DIU Auditoriam

Don"t miss it.......join with your friends and peers.

Offline Syed Raihan

• " The Act of Life is Greatest Act of Magic "
    • View Profile
Re: ELC WEEK END FILM SHOW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 01:02:28 AM »
Yes....It is really a Great opportunity for us that we will watch Some documentaries of Yasmine kabir who already got More then 30 International Film festival Awards for her Documentaries.With her 3 Documentaries on that time she will Present with us and make a "Open Discussion" as well.Hope We can get some lesson from her.I will definitely present DIU Auditorium at sharp 3:00PM with my Huge friends  :D ...Hope Other will try as well to be present there.Best of Luck "English Literary Club (ELC)".keep spirit and go Ahead.Thanx  :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 01:22:50 AM by Syed Raihan »
Syed Raihan-Ul-Islam
Id: 092-10-526
Department of English
Daffodil International University

Offline Irin Nippu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 01:36:53 AM »
It will be the great pleasure for us to join this show....and we are very happy to arrange this kind of program for our university. thanks to all my friends of ELC and others..........I hope ELC will organize such program in future and special thanks to our teacher Umme Kulsum for always supporting us ......:-))

Offline sonia_tex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 07:57:34 AM »
This is really an appreciable effort.Students can enjoy the varsity life through this kind of event.
Sonia Sultana
Senior Lecturer
Department of Textile Engineering

[Education is the most powerful weapon-Nelson Mandela]

Offline Syed Raihan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 04:34:58 PM »
Its Just Awesome experience for me :D.Bcoz..I was confused before this event about the students effective participation.But, really it was a great time with watching Yasmine Kabir's 3 International Award wining documentaries.And after every documentary students and the maker Yasmine Kabir made an "Open discussion' event with Huge opinion..questions..answers.Students got the opportunity to watch her award wining documentary and face to face conversation with the maker.Her every documentary films have got many prizes and enormous applause from home and aboard.they are-"My Migrant soul","A Certain Liberation" & "The Last Rites".

(Yasmin Kabir’s ‘My Migrant Soul (2000)’ the film highlights the plight of the migrant worker in these times. the story of one person to illustrate that of countless others who have suffered at the hands of those who have stood to gain profit by bartering their lives. ‘A Certain Liberation (2003)’ the maker shows us hoe Gurudasi Mondol, in her madness, found a strategy for survival and kept alive the spirit of the Liberation War. The last one was ‘The Last Rites (2008).This silent film is an allegorical portrayal of the agony of hard labor in depicts the ship breaking yards of Chittagong)

After the show,we from ELC club handed over a "Special Honor" crest to Yasmine Kabir through former Dean of Humanities and social science prof. Dr. Shusil Kumar Das.Before end Yasmine Kabir in her speech says that she will come here again if we invite.I would like to say Thank You to our ELC moderator Ms. Umme Kulsum for his best support and coordination .Thanx to all again for participation.We wanna keep continue our this 'WEEKEND FILM SHOW' every week Inshallah.It enrich young minds with values and enlightenment. I m really lucky to arrange this program with my ELC club members.Hope in Future ELC club will arrange many more effective programs for the betterment of students.Cheers for ELC...cheers for our Unity... :) :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:36:49 PM by Syed Raihan »
Syed Raihan-Ul-Islam
Department of English

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2011, 08:40:11 PM »

ELC organized a most meaningful event. It will make a good sense about documentary or a short film.

I missed that event because of my class but I will take some elements to help me to know the importance of that program.

Regards
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline Irin Nippu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »
Documentary films are the reflection some aspect of reality with real people that actually can touch our heart and make us to do something for them.....I enjoyed the documentary film of Yasmin Kabir a lot.......specially the "A Certain Liberation", the story of "Gurudasi". Very special thanks to Raihan for planning this kind of film show and also our teacher Umme Kulsum for supporting us. we are very happy to arrange this program and hope so in future we will make better than this. It's our honour to invite such documentary film maker in our university and watch them with her, and also show our honour to give her a reward.......... :) . i want to shout with Raihan..... "cheers 4 ELC"

Offline kulsum

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 12:16:16 PM »
I am so happy and proud for my students!! you are proving yourselves and growing and developing....nothing is more nicer for me in this world ...Just keep your spirit up always!!

I am thankful to my colleagues like Shamsi Ara Huda,Hasan Ashique Rahman,Khan Shahriar Awal,Mahbub Parvez and Rashed sir who hightened the programme  being present and participating in question answer session.

Special thanx to Dr. Shushil Kumar and Dr. Binoy Barman for making time in  their busy schedule.

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »
It was in fact a very memorable experience with Yasmine Kabir and her documentaries.I am also impressed by her personality.I think, mixing with such personalities our students will also learn how to be modest.Although,it was a simple film show,it had a lot to contribute to a new movement of realization among our students.The way they participated in the documentary show was no less than their participation in entertaining films.And definitely it is praiseworthy.I am also amazed by our students' level of thinking and their love and willingness to do something for their country.And I am really happy to discover that it is possible to overcome all the hurdles on the way of our development with these young souls.

I am thankful to ELC for organizing such an effective event.

Regards

Shamsi Ara Huda
Senior Lecturer,Dept.of English

Offline Hasan Ashik Rahman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 04:38:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

Congrats! ELC team, our last session was really awesome.

I have been asked to find a 'motto' for the ELC Weekend film show. I primarily suggest the following names:

1. Good Viewers, Better Visionaries

2. Life in Frames

3. Breaking Myths, Breeding Visions

4. Poetry in Celluloid

After our last session's success now it is really important  to choose an attractive and intelligent motto quickly. I request everyone to give opinion and to suggest other mottos. It's open for all.

Regards
Hasan Ashik Rahman
Lecturer, English

Offline Syed Raihan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 07:44:00 PM »
I wanna say Thank u specially Ms. Umme Kulsum, Ms. Shamsi Ara Huda and Hasan Ashik Rahman sir...for their inspiration to us.Thanx a lot.In future hope we will arrange this kind of meaningful program again and again.Today's Afternoon Yasmine Kabir Called me and give thanx to all of us with high compliments.Specially she surprised about our *students highly cooperation in question and discussion part.And she again promises to me that she will come again :) .Its our pleasure i hope.And I wanna vote for the Motto- "Good Viewers, Better Visionaries" and secondly "Life in Frame"......Thanx again sir Ashik Rahman.Plss to all put ur opinion for our ELC film show "Motto".Cheers for ELC unity.May Allah Bless us all.-Ameen :)
Syed Raihan-Ul-Islam
Department of English

Offline Syed Raihan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »
Its pleasure to share with u all some news coverage of our last ELC WEEKEND FILM SHOW....in some Newspaper like ...News Today & The Independent. Hope within this week other some newspaper will coverage our this event.Thanx to all again.Cheers for ELC Unity :D !!!

The Independent:

http://theindependentbd.com/paper-edition/metropolitan/others/76479-campus-corner.html

News Today:

http://www.newstoday.com.bd/index.php?option=details&news_id=42359&date=2011-10-22
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:23:45 PM by Syed Raihan »
Syed Raihan-Ul-Islam
Department of English

Offline faham

• I'm different.... ;)
    • View Profile
    • FahamBD
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 10:11:02 PM »
It is my great please that I can able to attend last two events of ELC Week End Film Show. I'm appreciating each and every people linked with this event.
I'm lucky that I can able to view Yesmine Kabir's three beautiful creations.
Wishing all the best for ELC team.
Faham Kabir
MBA (112), HRM & MIS
BBA (073), HRM
Daffodil International University,
Asst. Manager (HRD & MIS)
New Horizons CLC of Dhaka
http://fb.com/fahamkabir

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 09:48:48 AM »

Dear Ashik,

Thanks for proposing such wonderful mottos.

I will go for:

'Good Viewers, Better Visionaries'

Regards

Shamsi

Offline Asma ul hosna

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 11:39:21 AM »
Thanks all of you because your film show really awesome and Yasmin Kabir's documentaries are really nice. And i seems all documentaries give some message.Everything is really good what u already done.Thanks again......