Islamic Stories-II

Author Topic: Islamic Stories-II  (Read 23323 times)

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
Re: Islamic Stories-II
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
A new Muslim and his mother

The following is a touching story about a new Muslim and his mother. Before he was a Muslim, he lived with his mother until he was about 18 years old. Then he moved out of his home and lived in a different place on his own. During those days, he met some Muslims and became a very close friend of them. Eventually he himself became a Muslim after learning about the beautiful religion of Islam from them. He made an effort every day to learn more and more about Islam. One day, he came to learn about the benefits of being good to one's parents. He learned that a person who looks at his parents with the eyes of obedience gets the reward of one accepted Hajj! (The reward is mentioned in an authentic hadith of Sahih Muslim). After knowing this, he decided to visit his mother whom he did not visit for many years. He bought some flowers and fruits for her on his way. His mother was very pleased to see him after so long. He started spending lots of time with his mother on a regular basis. During his visits, he would stare at his mother and tears would roll down from his eyes. The mother noticed this happening many times and asked him one day the reason why he visits her so much all of a sudden and why he cries. He told her about how he became a Muslim and that the position of a mother in Islam is very high. He also told her about the reward he gets for looking at her. But while looking at her, he cries because the mother is not a Muslim and would not be able to save herself if she dies in this state. The mother immediately recognized the beauty of Islam and became a Muslim.

Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English
Daffodil International University

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2012, 03:22:45 PM »
Sincerity of a Six Years Old

There was a little girl (six years old) who was fasting in Ramadhan, even though it is not obligatory on people below the age of puberty. She was in school, and at lunch time, when all the other children went out to eat and have lunch, she sat in the classroom, because she was fasting. Her (non-muslim) teacher thought that she was too young to fast, and so said that it was not necessary, and she could eat a little. The girl still didn't eat. Then the teacher said: "Your parents are not here, it doesn't matter if you eat a little". The girl replied: "I am not fasting for my parents, I am fasting for Allah". This simple statement had such a profound effect on the teacher, that later she accepted Islam.
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »
Taraweeh Changed His Life

The following story is about how Taraweeh salah changed the life of a person during the month of Ramadan.

About 20 years ago, brother Khawaja used to live with his family in an apartment building in Toronto, Canada. During the month of Ramadan, the local Muslims would get together and arrange a small room in that building to offer Taraweeh prayers. Brother Khawaja states, "I wasn't that particular about offering prayers so I didn't show much interest in going to Taraweeh which was Sunnah and not even Fardh." His wife would constantly tell him to go but that didn't change his mind. However, she would prepare her two small sons and send them to the prayer. One day, his sons returned back from Taraweeh with tears in their eyes. Brother Khawaja became concerned and asked why they were crying. They replied, "Everyone's father goes to Taraweeh but our father doesn't go." This really touched his heart and he promised his sons that he will go with them to Taraweeh the next day. It so happened that there was a speech on that day after listening to which Brother Khawaja decided to change his life. Since then, he has been actively participating in many Islamic activities and have built and supported various Masjids.

Many days of Ramadan has already passed by. Let us spend our time properly to obtain as much as we can from this Ramadan. Be generous in this month and increase your acts of worship.

Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »
How Kind is Allah!

There lived an idolator in the past who made an idol out of stone and would worship it everyday. He would call it upon it by saying "Ya Sanam." For seventy years, he worshipped this idol. One day by mistake he uttered "Ya Samad" instead of Ya Sanam. Samad is a name of Allah which means The Self Sufficient Master. Allah Ta'ala immediately replied back to this idolator by saying "I am present oh My slave." The angels asked Allah why He replied to him since he didn't even call upon Him intentionally. Allah told the angels that for seventy years I have been waiting for this servant of mine to turn towards Me!

If a mother has only one child then how much would she love him? He would be the coolness of her eyes and the comfort of her heart. But if this son calls her saying "Mommy" more than four or five times, she would get irritated even though she loves him more than her ownself. On the other hand, when we call Allah once, He replies back to us 70 times by saying "Labbaik Ya Abdi (I am here oh My slave)." How unfortunate we are that we have not recognized our Allah who is so Kind, Merciful and Forgiving.

Source: Extracted from the lecture by Shaikh Tariq Jameel.
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline arefin

• Associate Professor, Dept. of ETE, FE
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »
Jazakallahu Khairan
“Allahumma inni as'aluka 'Ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan”

O Allah! I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision and deeds that will be accepted. [Ibne Majah & Others]
Taslim Arefin
Assistant Professor
Dept. of ETE, FE
DIU

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2012, 02:56:42 PM »
A Sign from Allah

The following incident has been narrated by Colonel Amir Uddin who originally heard it from his wife. Colonel Amir Uddin is a well known caller to Islam through whose effort over 6,000 people have accepted Islam all over the world. He is 86 years old and have been to over 56 countries to call people towards Allah.

During one such journeys to invite people to Islam, his wife met a woman who was a new Muslim. While travelling, they came to know how she became a Muslim. The woman said that she was originally a Christian but her husband was a Muslim. Her husband used to tell her about the oneness of God everyday. One day while she was in the Church, she asked the Priest whether the Muslims' cocept of oneness of God was correct or the Christians' concept of Trinity was correct. The Priest told her that the Muslims are correct and he also advised her to keep this matter secret. She became very confused after hearing this. At night when she went home, she prayed to God to show her which path was the truth. She started reading the Bible thoroughly to search for answers. One night after she prayed to God to show her the truth, she opened the Bible and to her amazement, the entire Bible appeared to her as Arabic text! She mentioned this to an Imam who told her that this was a sign from Allah to accept the Quran as her guidance instead of the Bible. She became Muslim there and then.

Dear readers, such incidents are nothing new. These incidents happen on a daily basis to those who are searching for the truth. We did not come to this world with our own will. We will not leave this world with our own will. Then why live this life according to our own will? A Muslim is that person who submits to the will of Allah. Let us all submit to Allah, Who is the Lord of everything in and out of this universe. "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers." (Al Quran, 3:85)
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2012, 03:00:40 PM »
Don't Complain, be Patient

Khabbaab ibn al-Aratt (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "We complained to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he was reclining on his cloak in the shade of the Ka'bah. We said to him: "Why do you not ask Allaah to help us (grant us victory)? Why do you not pray to Allaah for us?" He said, "A man from the people before you would be placed in a hole dug for him, then they would bring a saw and cut his head in two, yet that would not make him renounce his faith. They would use an iron comb to drag the flesh and nerves from his bones, yet that would not make him renounce his faith. By Allaah, this matter will be completed (i.e. Islam will be perfected and will prevail) until a rider travelling from Sana' to Hadramawt will fear nobody but Allaah or the attack of a wolf on his sheep, but you are too impatient." Source: Sahih Bukhari.

The conditions of Muslims may go up and down but Islam will always remain on top. We should never lose hope even during the most difficult times as Allah is always in control. Surely, Allah helps those who are patient.
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2012, 03:05:17 PM »
Hinduism to Christianity to Islam

The following story is about a brother from Guyana who became a Muslim from being a Hindu and Christian Priest for 10 years.

His current name is Ahmed Tabarani. He was born in a poor Hindu family in Guyana. However, he used to dislike worshipping statues since his childhood. As he grew up, he became connected with the local Church because they worshipped three divine beings (God, Jesus and Holy Spirit) rather than worshipping hundreds of idols. Eventually, he became a Christian and studied for many years to become a Christian priest. The Church hired him and paid for all his travelling and living expenses. His family became very pleased to see that because he became a Christian, their poverty was removed. As a result, the whole family became Christians. During the 10 years of serving as a Priest, he always used to wake up at night and meditate. He used to ask God to show him whether he was following the truth. In one such nights, he had a vision. He saw that three people dressed in white long throbes, wearing turban and beard are walking towards him and these people are to show him the true religion. After seeing this vision, many years passed by but he didn't see such a thing happening. But one day, a group of Muslims (part of Tabligh Jamah) visited a Masjid near his place to call people towards Allah. That afternoon, as he was going to the Church, he saw three of these Muslims are coming towards him. Immediately, he remembered his vision. These three Muslims resembled exactly what he saw in the vision. Then he approached them and asked what religion they follow. The Muslims told him about Islam and he became a Muslim on the spot and quit being a priest. Poverty again took over his family as he quit his job. All his family members, especially his mother, became angry at him for becoming a Muslim. But he said the following words to his mother, "Dear mother, I could give you a new pair of shoes, but they will become worn out. I could give you a new dress, but that too will become old and ripped. But I can give you something that will never finish. My mother, say 'There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger.'" The mother was really touched by this statement and became a Muslim. Following her, everyone else in the family also became Muslims. For 15 years, Ahmed Tabarani is a practising Muslim serving Islam with his total energy. He is currently living in Canada.

Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »
Sunnah is like Medicine

Shaikh Khidir from Toronto, Canada once gave a very beautiful example on the importance of following the ways (sunnah) of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). He said that sunnah is like medicine. Usually, when we visit the doctors for treatment, they write on the prescriptions the medicines we need. We take these prescriptions to pharmacists who then sell the medicines to us. Sometimes these medicines are bitter and hard to swallow, but we still consume them as we know that the cure is in them. Similarly, each and every sunnah has physical and spiritual cure for us in this world and in the hereafter. Even if some of sunnah are hard to follow, we should still follow them as the cure is in them.

"...So take what the Messenger gives you, and refrain from what he prohibits you..." Al Quran 59:7

Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2012, 03:26:22 PM »
Allah Will Protect Me

Once Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was taking rest under a tree when he was returning from an expedition and hung his sword from the tree. A Non-Muslim person came quietly, took hold of the sword and, addressing the Prophet said to him: "O Muhammad! now who will save you from my hand?" The Prophet heard it, rose up from his seat and said: "Allah will save me." Hearing the name of Allah, he was overawed and the sword slipped from his hand. The Prophet rose up from his place, took the sword into his hand and questioned him: "Now who will save you from my hand?" He felt sorry and begged apology. The Prophet forgave him. He was so impressed by this kindness that he embraced Islam. He then went to his tribesmen and expressed that he never found a man better than Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Source: "The Miracles of the Prophet" by Shaikh Ahmed S. Dehalvi; also related in Bukhari and other sources with slight variations.

Related to the protection of the Prophet Muhammad, Allah has mentioned in the Quran "O Apostle! proclaim the message which has been sent to you from your Lord. If you do not do it, you would not have fulfilled and proclaimed this mission. And Allah will defend you against men who mean mischief. For Allah guides not those who reject faith." (Al Quran 5:67).

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:17:19 PM by nusrat-diu »
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline Anisur Rahman

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2012, 11:57:14 PM »
The 'Five Pillars' of Islam are the foundation of Muslim life:

1.Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad.
 2.Establishment of the daily prayers;
 3.Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
 4.Self-purification through fasting; and
 5. The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able.
Anisur Rahman
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering

Offline Anisur Rahman

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »
CATEGORIZATION OF MAJOR WORLD RELIGIONS
by Dr Zakir Naik

Religions of the world can be broadly categorized into Semitic religions and non-Semitic religions. Non-Semitic religions can be divided into Aryan religions and non-Aryan religions.

Semitic religions

Semitic religions are religions that originated among the Semites. According to the Bible, Prophet Noah (pbuh) had a son called Shem.

The descendents of Shem are known as Semites. Therefore, Semitic religions are the religions that originated among the Jews, Arabs, Assyrians, Phoenicians, etc. Major Semitic religions are Judaism, Christianity and Islam. All these religions are Prophetic religions that believe in Divine Guidance sent through prophets of God.

Non-Semitic religions

The non-Semitic religions are further subdivided into Aryan and non-Aryan religions:

Aryan Religions

Aryan religions are the religions that originated among the Aryans, a powerful group of Indo-European speaking people that spread through Iran and Northern India in the first half of the second Millenium BC (2000 to 1500 BC).

The Aryan Religions are further subdivided into Vedic and non-Vedic religions.

The Vedic Religion is given the misnomer of Hinduism or Brahminism. The non-Vedic Religions are Sikhism, Buddhism, Jainism, etc.

Almost all Aryan religions are non-Prophetic religions.

Zoroastrianism is an Aryan, non-Vedic religion, which is not associated with Hinduism. It claims to be a prophetic religion.

Non-Aryan Religions

The non-Aryan religions have diverse origins. Confucianism and Taoism are of Chinese origin while Shintoism is of Japanese origin.

Many of these non-Aryan religions do not have a concept of God. They are better referred to as ethical systems rather than as religions.

Reference:http://www.irf.net/irf/comparativereligion/index.htm
Anisur Rahman
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Science and Engineering

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2012, 04:53:13 PM »
Thanks Anis sir for your contribution in this thread. 

Again an Islamic story which is collected from IslamCan.com:

Not Afraid of Losing the Job

When Mufti Muhammad Shafee' (rahmatullahi alayh) came to Pakistan (from India), he was appointed as a member of the Islamic Education Board by the Government. This Board was one of the sections of the Government. Once the Government decided to take an action, which was contrary to Islamic Laws. Mufti Shafee' was prompt to oppose it and explained that due to it's being against the teachings of Islaam, it should not be adopted. His remarks, however, prompted a debate between the Government officers, many of whom began to criticise the respected Mufti for having said what he did, as he was a member of the Board and part of the Government.

Seeing this, Mufti Shafee' bluntly addressed the gathering and said that he had agreed to become a Member of the Board only for the sake of Islaam, and therefore, it was his duty to object to what was unislamic, regardless of whether his objection was in agreement with the line of the Government or not. He clarified that he was not a Government servant and unlike them was not worried about losing his job. He said, "I have my resignation letter in my pocket and my expenses do not exceed a few rupees, so I am not dependent on salary and allowances like you. I can earn that much money by hard labour too, while you cannot because your suit alone costs two hundred rupees, so, you might fear losing your job."
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2012, 04:54:06 PM »
He Cannot Catch Up

Ubaidullah bin Umar Qawariri said," I never missed the evening congregational prayer (prayer with Jamath). But once a guest came to my house and I remained in his company until late. I went out, looking for any mosque in Basra at which I could catch the evening prayer, but to no avail. The people had all prayed and gone home. I returned to my house,saying to myself,'It is reported in tradition that congregational prayer is twenty-seven times more excellent than individual prayer.' So I prayed the evening prayer twenty-seven times over and slept. I saw in a dream that I was with a group of people who were racing on horses, and I was also racing with them on my horse but my horse was falling behind. I kicked my horse to catch up with them but I could not. One of the riders turned to me and said,"Do not urge your horse, for you will not be able to catch up with us." I said,"Why not?" He replied,"We prayed evening in congregation and you prayed it alone!" Therefore, I learned a lesson and was deeply grieved."

Source: The Major Sins Al-Kaba'r By Muhammad bin 'Uthman Adh-Dhahabi, rendered into English by Mohammad Moinuddin Siddiqui.
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English

Offline nusrat-diu

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2012, 04:55:15 PM »
Removing the Obstacle

A qualified medical worker from India emigrated to Canada to live a better life. This Muslim brother had a beard. He applied to many different places for a job and was called for interviews. Though he was highly qualified for the jobs, the interviewers hesitated to hire him because of his beard. One by one, he was rejected from all the companies. One interviewer actually mentioned to him indirectly that his beard was an obstacle to getting the job. Truly, it was a big test for him from Allah. Hopeless and exhausted, the brother decided to remove the obstacle, which was to shave off his beard. Then he returned to that company and requested for another interview. When the interviewer saw him without a beard this time, he refused to give him the job again. The brother became confused and asked to know the reason. The interviewer said "If you are not faithful to your God, how will you be faithful to us?"

This true incident was narrated to us by a friend who personally knows this brother, however, his identity will remain private. In reality, obeying the commandments of Allah does not bring failure. In the beginning, we may face various problems, but the end results will be very sweet. Prophet of Allah (SAW) also faced many problems in the beginning, but in the end, he saw how hundreds and thousands of people turned towards Allah for his steadfastness. Ibn 'Umar, may God be pleased with him, said: "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and give him peace, ordered us to trim closely the mustache and leave the beard as it is (that is grow the beard)." (Reported in Sahih al-Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.)
Nusrat Jahan
Assistant Professor
Department of English