IoT and Sensors in the Field

Author Topic: IoT and Sensors in the Field  (Read 1273 times)

Offline MananNoor

• Test
    • View Profile
IoT and Sensors in the Field
« on: August 07, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »
I just came across an article about application of IOT in agriculture. I would like to share the summary here:
The IoT is disrupting the agriculture industry – in a good way. In fact, there is extreme potential for using the IoT within the food sector. According to a report by Cisco, there is an estimated $14.4 trillion in value at stake with the emergence of IoT alone. The IoT is simplifying and streamlining the collection, inspection and overall distributing of agricultural resources using sensors on equipment and materials.

Sensors placed strategically around fields along with image recognition technologies are allowing farmers to view their crops from anywhere in the world. These sensors send farmers up to date information in real-time, so changes can be made accordingly to their crops. I don’t have much of a green thumb, but if I had an app that would tell me when the plants in my backyard needed water or some other type of nourishment, I think I would be able to keep them alive longer. IoT sensors in the field are doing the same thing for farmers, but obviously on a larger scale resulting in higher food production with less waste—exactly what this industry needs

Offline motiur.swe

• Teamwork Begins By Building Trust.
    • View Profile
Re: IoT and Sensors in the Field
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 03:03:19 PM »
Thanks for sharing
Sheikh Shah Mohammad Motiur Rahman
Lecturer (Senior Scale), Department of Software Engineering
Daffodil International University
+8801718 297606
motiur.swe@diu.edu.bd
http://faculty.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/profile/swe/motiur.html

Offline iftekhar.swe

• মানুষ তার স্বপ্নের সমান বড়
    • View Profile
    • DIU_SWE Faculty
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 02:55:54 PM »
Need some sensor to work on IoT.
Daffodil International Univeristy

Offline Fahad Zamal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 12:24:08 AM »
I am working on energy efficiency model of IoT device. You may add to our research.