Software testing as a career

Author Topic: Software testing as a career  (Read 1177 times)

Offline smnshuvo

• Test
    • View Profile
Software testing as a career
« on: September 17, 2018, 09:34:53 PM »
Hello. If you guys are thinking about becoming a software tester than this article is for you.

Why you should be a software tester?
  • Testing is in High Demand
  • Multiple Routes Towards Progression
  • If You Like to Face Challenge
  • Constant Growth of the Learning Curve
  • Value During Software Development Life Cycle
  • Scope to Explore the Latest Technologies
  • Understanding the Customer

Skills needed to be a software tester.
  • Analytical skills
  • Communication skill
  • GREAT Attitude
  • Technical Skills
  • Basic knowledge of Linux commands

Here is a text from Raj SM, who is a senior software tester, he said on quora:

Yes of course.
“Why did you choose Software Testing as a career” is one of the most common questions in the interview process. So get ready with an answer which impresses the interviewer. Jot down some points that relate to your own strengths and experience related to this and get ready with the answer. Don’t memorize and answer in the interview.

Each career path is unique, we can’t deny it. If you are looking to become a Software Tester or you are already a Software Tester then you have to give some good answer which impresses the interviewer.

Software Testing as a career – why I chose?

Simple answer is I love to be a Software Tester. So, I chose Software Testing as career. I would like to mention few more points why I love to be a Software tester and chose Software Testing as career.

I love solving logical puzzles. Testing is kind of solving logical puzzle. We will be given a software which will go straight to the market if we nod our head that there are no bugs in the software and ready to release. We, the Testers are the protectors at the gateway. We not only find the bugs. We break the system too in terms of stress testing.

I love helping others. I proudly say that as a Software Tester, I do help in releasing a quality product to the market. I can help in finding bugs which are hidden in the software. Even though Developers do their best to release a good product, there will be some mistakes.

I love to take challenges. In many projects we need to do testing without having specification documents. It’s a big challenge to explore the system and find the bugs. Domain knowledge is also one of the biggest challenge a tester faces. We, the testers do explore the system and struggle to understand and finding bugs and report to fix and deliver a quality product to the market.

Offline s.arman

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Software testing as a career
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 04:58:35 PM »
Thanks for sharing.

Offline Tasnim_Katha

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Software testing as a career
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 06:00:38 PM »
Thanks for sharing this information  :)