The concept of ethics is useless without religious values

Author Topic: The concept of ethics is useless without religious values  (Read 39141 times)

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
Re: The concept of ethics is useless without religious values
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2010, 11:38:58 AM »
I think ethics is a relative issue. It depends on how people of a certain area judge the criteria of ethics. So, it varies from place to place and culture to culture. But there should be bench mark as Shibli Sir mentioned of ethics. Otherwise people will change the criteria of ethics from generation to generation. To me, ethics should be constant, it should NOT be changed from culture to culture.

For example: when i went to the USA, i saw almost all girls wearing skirts on formal occasion, it is very much ethical but in our subcontinent, wearing shirts and mini skirts on formal occasions indecent....the same case is applicable for a girl in shaking hands with a boy....On the other hand, the western people view that we, the girls, are indecent when we wear SHARI showing our belly...Further more, in our subcontinent, corruption is seen almost everywhere especially the politicians, ministers, MPS, the judiciary people and the police. But in western countries, they do corruption in bigger shape like the USA  attacked Iraq for OIL. Also, having children before marriage is quite ethical in those countries whereas living together is completely unethical in our culture.......

My point is if it continues, people of different ages will keep on changing the norms of ethics on which i disagree.   So, there should be certain rules for ethics for all people of the world. It cannot be made, i know but there should be.........here lies the importance of religious scriptures that give us certain rules and regulations of ethics...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 07:37:51 PM by bidita »
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 11:01:08 AM »
The concept of hereafter is justified when a person in Germany has got only 15 years imprisonment for having the allegation of 1000 rapes against him recently.......  
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »
"Too much materialistic people can not justify their sense of ethics.They just only run after their own profit." Shamsi Ara Huda
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

toma

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 02:45:36 PM »
Strongly agree with Bacon on this point. let me share a relevant experience with one of our students. He claims to be a Nastik, mocks religious values by creating his Facebook Id as Alhajj xyz . I wonder at the moral standard of these type of students as they are the future leaders of Bangladesh.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Buttering up your bosses!!!!
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 05:51:03 PM »
Some people are expert at buttering up their bosses. It has been a common practice in most organizations In Bangladesh. Appreciating your boss for right reasons is good but buttering up every time is highly unethical, isn't it?

I personally hate to flatter my bosses unnecessarily, but i do appreciate them on logical ground.  

Offline bcdas

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 02:52:35 PM »
 Every one should have his/her ethics based on his/her social status which will be very creative to build his/her career.   
Dr. Bimal Chandra Das
Associate Professor
Dept. of GED, DIU

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »
"EVERYONE IN THIS WORLD deserves respect. Successful people with good moral and intention don’t treat people badly to get what they want.

Let our words and actions show a fundamental respect for the human value of others."

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 02:18:14 PM »
THE GREATEST ASSET IN ONE'S LIFE IS faith- faith in what God Almighty ordained. Almighty God would probably pardon all sins of human beings, but not if they associate anything or anybody else with God.

Offline Nahid Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 12:13:49 PM »
Parents , I think, are the most responsible persons regarding the ethical learning of a child.

Offline Razon Mahmood

• If you can dream something, you can do something
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »
I agree with Nahid Kaiser Madam.
Moreover, a person’s religious value grows in his family. Friends and relatives are also responsible for the development of a person’s ethical value especially normative ethics.  Most importantly, we must realize that we should do to others what we would want others to do to us. 
You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down-Charles Chaplin

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2011, 03:39:48 PM »
People have been moving away from materialism and dog-eat-dog ambition to seek more permanent values-family, community, earth, faith and a more certain grasp of right and wrong. Americans are on a spiritual journey, increasingly concerned with the meaning of life and issues of the soul and spirit. They are increasingly looking to religion as a source of comfort in a chaotic world._ Principles of Marketing, Kotler p 79

Bio of Professor Kotler
Professor Kotler received his master's degree at the University of Chicago and his PhD at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), both in Economics. He did postdoctoral work in mathematics at Harvard University and in behavioral science at the University of Chicago. Professor Kotler has consulted for such companies as IBM, General Electric, AT&T, Honeywell, Bank of America, Merck and others in the areas of marketing strategy and planning, marketing organization and international marketing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:45:13 PM by shibli »

Offline maisalim2008

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2011, 11:22:07 AM »
There are lots of conversations and debates about GOD worldwide. Who is GOD and What is GOD...how we can prove the presence of GOD...these all are the first or last state of those discussions. I think all these contradictory converstions are making the concept of GOD very complicated. Because, GOD isn't same to all. In Quran it is told that-LAKUM DINUKUM AL-YADIN. It means that...-'Jar jar bissasah Tar tar kase'. So, what one should believe, that depands 100% on him or her. Now if we tell that, who is he? Then we will mark him or her as a person with ethics. It may be positive ethics or negative. But every man should have ethics, otherwise how can be he or she a human being? So, better to stop conversations about it.

A Human should be a Human......there have no other alternate lines!!!!
Md. Azharul Islam

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2011, 11:56:16 AM »
"A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God." Francis Bacon, famous philosopher.

Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance." Sir Isaac Newton.

Who introduced the term humanity or humanism? Why should we be humane? For our own satisfaction!! Degeneration will occur if there is no belief in God.

Offline maisalim2008

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »
I am not against the concept of believing GOD. I do believe and feel my creator so much. But I want to tell that, Its my own belief. My GOD is in me and know how do I feel GOD. The problem arises when we start conversations about GOD then it converts to debate. Thats not right according to my sense. The first world countries are not so social like us, but their countries are idol to us. Do they have more belief in GOD? Of course not. Why should people belief GOD? For Heaven? I think, If anyone believes GOD for Heaven society can't get anything from him accept the advices like few persons who are also available in our society. I person who believes GOD, at first he or she would be a GOOD HUMAN in nature. There have lots of great mans who didn't belief GOD...so without believing GOD, its possible to a GOOD HUMAN. Humanism comes from the sense of that man who thinks about the results of the work which is going to complete by himself.
Md. Azharul Islam

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 04:21:40 PM »
"Soon I will show them my signs in the (farthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

Almighty Allah has promised to show His signs everywhere around the universe and even in the souls of human beings until and unless the truth is clear to them. Each individual's perception is formed according to the people he or she associates with, the books s/he studies and the surroundings s/he belongs to.

The popularity of spirituality and meditation is growing among the people of first world countries who are  moving away from materialism and dog-eat-dog ambition. Because they want to grasp the better understanding of right and wrong. They are increasingly concerned with the meaning of life and issues of the soul and spirit. They are increasingly looking to religion as a source of comfort in this chaotic world, opined by an American Professor Kotler.

Who is debating here? It is our reading that make us understand who we are and why we are for in this earth. We should read, read and know the fact....

How much do we know about ourselves? Do we know......????
Our heart beats around 100, 000 times every day.
Our blood is on a 60,000-mile journey.

Our eyes can distinguish up to one million color surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.

Our lungs inhale over two million liters of air every day, without even thinking. They are large enough to cover a tennis court.

Our hearing is so sensitive it can distinguish between hundreds of thousands of different sounds.

Our sense of touch is more refined than any device ever created.

Our brain is more complex than the most powerful computer and has over 100 billion nerve cells.

We give birth to 100 billion red cells every day.

When we touch something, we send a message to our brain at 124 mph.

We have over 600 muscles.

We exercise at least 30 muscles when we smile

We are about 70 percent water.

We make one liter of saliva a day.

Our nose is our personal air-conditioning system:
It warms cold air, cools hot air and filters impurities.

In one square inch of our hand we have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors.

We have copper, zinc, cobalt, calcium, manganese, phosphates, nickel and silicon in our bodies.

All these are miracles of our life. How many of us ponder over these things!!! It is very unlikely that we are created by chance.

To know more, visit

http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,552.msg1278.html#msg1278

http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,552.msg1276.html#msg1276

http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,679.msg1596.html#msg1596

http://forum.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd/index.php/topic,319.msg630.html#msg630
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 04:34:59 PM by shibli »