My photos

Author Topic: My photos  (Read 1994 times)

Offline zafrin.eng

• Test
    • View Profile
My photos
« on: November 14, 2018, 07:15:14 PM »
Before the lesson spend some time thinking about what pictures you could have in the photo frames. You don’t have to put photos in, just imagine that they are there.

Ask the students if they would like to see your photos. ‘Show’ them your photos. Example: ‘This is my Dad. We all went to his house on his Birthday. He’s holding the book I gave him. He looks really happy, maybe because he had a really nice meal and a few glasses of wine! This is a picture of my house in the snow. Look at my son! He looks so happy. He didn’t have to go to school that day. etc.’

Give each student a frame and a little time to think about what photos they have in the album. They then sit in groups and ‘show’ each other. Some student may prefer to draw or write something in the blanks. That’s fine!

You could choose to do this activity in a ‘goldfish bowl’. (See another table for an explanation of this.)

Caution: This activity can be quite emotional as many students include pictures of lost relatives or places from their past.

Offline Afroza Akhter Tina

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: My photos
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »
Interesting idea indeed to engage students!!

Afroza Akhter Tina
Senior Lecturer
Department of English, DIU