5 Ways of Mind Mapping that Can Improve Your Life

Author Topic: 5 Ways of Mind Mapping that Can Improve Your Life  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Shabrina Akter

• View Profile
5 Ways of Mind Mapping that Can Improve Your Life
« on: October 21, 2019, 05:47:57 PM »
1. Radiant Thinking

Mind mapping helps you think from a given central point and allows you to think in all directions in quick succession.

Although the mind map is drawn on a two-dimensional piece of paper, it represents a multi-dimensional reality that encompasses color, space, logic etc.

2. Creativity

Creativity is inherent in all of us but stays dormant the less it is stimulated or explored.

Flexibility has been identified as a key element of creative thinking. Other elements include:

Being able to combine unusual elements together
Ability to create new associations from existing ideas
Reversing and turning existing ideas on their head etc.
Different colours, shapes, and dimensions help us think creatively because they engage our emotions and the way we see things.

3. Concentration

I have noticed a spike in my ability to concentrate since I started using mind maps in all aspects of my life rather than just ad-hoc.

Creating a mind map is actually quite relaxing and forces you to stay in the moment and lets your brain do the work of bringing forth ideas.
I use mind maps for such things as making my tasks for the day, preparing for meetings on the go or even writing the weekly meal plan.

4. Better Memory

The two main factors that determine your ability to recall anything are association and emphasis.

The majority of note taking and note making in schools and in our workplaces typically follow 3 patterns

Making lists creates a sense of “coming to an end” when used for writing down ideas. Mind maps by their nature are never-ending as your thoughts make multiple connections from point to point.

5. Productivity

Practically, I am able to do a tonne more because I ideate alot quicker, go deeper with my ideas and follow them through with immediate action points.

My doing aspect further to mind mapping, therefore, flows more naturally, resulting in higher quality and richer work with multiple dimensions captured.

Source: https://thehumblepenny.com/5-ways-to-change-your-life-through-mind-mapping
Shabrina Akter
Exam Officer
Daffodil International University (DIU)
E-mail: shabrina.exam@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd