6 ways to getting out of boredom

Author Topic: 6 ways to getting out of boredom  (Read 3040 times)

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
6 ways to getting out of boredom
« on: November 27, 2010, 08:32:32 PM »
Communication with your family members
For some people, this is a piece of cake. For others, it may take years to nurture a healthy relationship with parents. When there's nothing else to do, you can take some time to think of things that you need some help with from your family. Make use of that time to get personal and create a bond with your family. After all, they're there for a reason!

Go out for some coffee with friends
Okay, so it's not like your friends deserve time from you only when there's an occasion. Yes, there are friends who you meet almost every day but there are also some that you love spending time with but just don't get around to meeting too often. Give them a ring and get some catching up done!

Spend some time with yourself
As you know, or should know, at the end of the day you should be your first priority. Apart from friends and family, you need to spend some quality time with yourself to get to know yourself and find out your own likes and dislikes. Believe it or not, it might sound crazy, but you'll have the time of your life! Do what you love doing best. Whether it's dancing, painting, writing; just make the best out of your time by bringing out the best in you!

Cook
You can always hear and say, 'cooking isn't my thing' somewhere or the other. But all truth be told, once you get into the kitchen and let your instincts take over, you won't even know where that chef came out from inside of you. You might just end up discovering the beginning of a new passion. Never hurts to give it a shot, right?

Clean
This may be an 'old mom's tale', but it really works! When you're super bored, you won't even know when you just get into the flow. Spend a couple of hours cleaning around the house, maybe even rearranging furniture and giving your room a whole new look. You can make it just as funky as you like. And then of course, change it back if your mom objects. But save it for when you're bored again!

Travel down memory lane
This is something many people already do and love doing when they're bored. Going through all your old photo albums and reliving those wonderful memories with your favourite people is always a great way to spend a couple of hours when there's nothing important on hold. This helps in remembering the great times you've spent with the great people you spent it with. There's a reason these pictures were taken, and here's your best opportunity to just sit back, relax and reminisce!

Since you now have more things to do when you're bored than you would've thought, there's absolutely no reason for you to just sulk around whining about your lack of things to do. Happy boredom!

References:: http://www.thedailystar.net/lifestyle/2010/11/04/page03.htm
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: 6 ways to getting out of boredom
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
There are some other points that are missed out here. In order to get out of boredom, one can enjoy reading for pleasure. Secondly, he or she can watch good programmes on TV. I watch Peace TV.

Some people waste time talking over phone unnecessarily while others waste time outside not knowing the priorities of their lives....for example: one of my friend's father spent most of his time busy with his career without giving any time to his wife, who should have been given top priority. Now she is in mental disorder.

As a child, i used to play football and cricket too much. My mother rebuked me time and again. I didn't listen to her. As a result of that, i didn't get chance in medical college and BUET. I used to spend  a lot of time outside gossiping with my friends, now i understand i could have spent my time in preparing myself for TOEFL and GMAT and could have earned a scholarship.

We, people, don't understand many things on the moment we do. But we realize it in the hard way in the long run when it's too late and we pay the price of it..

Here lies the importance of peer advice, counseling and guidance.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:40:59 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »
According to scientists, keeping in continuous contact with people can get addictive. So, students should refrain themselves from being addictive personality. So, they should spend sometime with themselves too.

As you know, or should know, at the end of the day you should be your first priority. Apart from friends and family, you need to spend some quality time with yourself to get to know yourself and find out your own likes and dislikes, your strengths and weaknesses. Believe it or not, it might sound crazy, but you'll have the time of your life! Do what you love doing best. Whether it's reading, painting, writing; just make the best out of your time by bringing out the best in you!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:27:19 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 12:06:27 PM »
Simply the magic of music can take you to a fanciful world and help you to escape your sheer boredom. Right?