5 Common Myths About Success

Author Topic: 5 Common Myths About Success  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Sultan Mahmud Sujon

• Administrator
  • Sultan Mahmud Sujon, Sr. Admin Officer
    • View Profile
    • Helping You Office Operation & Automation Management
5 Common Myths About Success
« on: September 19, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »
Myth 1: Being Rich, Thin, & Happy Is The Ultimate Goal
The first is believing that being rich, thin, and happy should be your ultimate goal.

These are not goals, they are wishes and fantasies common to all mankind. A goal is like a beautiful home. It is carefully designed, revised continually, upgraded regularly, and worked on constantly.

You need to be specific and have clarity about your goals. Most importantly, if it is not in writing, it is merely a dream or a wish, a vague objective with no energy behind it.

Myth 2: You Must Attend A 4-Year University
The next myth is believing you need to go to a 4-year university.

I understand college is expensive. Especially with the direction our economy and education system is going. As many of you know, I never attended college and barely graduated from high school. I joke around constantly that I was in the bottom half of the class that made the top half possible.

With the rising cost of a college education, this topic has come into the limelight even more so over the past few years. Many individuals are wondering whether it makes sense to pay tens of thousands of dollars for a college education. Is it really a necessary step to success?

For some of us, we don’t know what we want to do for our career in the long term, and that’s okay. I worked odd jobs here and there, and plenty of manual labor jobs before I ultimately discovered what I wanted to do for my career.

The best thing you could do for yourself is to not live your life based on what others think you should do. Do what you feel is best for yourself.

Just because one person went to college and is successful does not mean that that is the only path to success. Determine what is best for you and your future goals and then pursue that no matter what the journey looks like.

Myth 3: You Need More Money
Another myth about how to be successful in life is believing you need more money.

We’ve heard these before: “If only I had more money, then I would be happy” or “Money is the root of all evil.”

It’s as if little green pieces of paper somehow have the intrinsic power to erect buildings, create computers, inspire students to read, make people happy, or worse, to corrupt people. The reality is that money has no intrinsic value whatsoever.

People have intrinsic value. Money is nothing but a representation of stored value. The more value you provide for others, the more currency will flow into your life. Focus on serving others, rather than on money, and money will flow to you naturally.

Myth 4: Expect Success And It Will Come
Next, many of us believe that you have to want it to make it happen.

Now, this is partially a myth. It is true that you have to have clarity and a burning desire for what you want in life. Practicing the Law of Attraction is one of the most powerful techniques you can use to become a successful person. You can ensure desirable outcomes and better results in your life.

Your expectations become your own self-fulfilling prophesies.

However, it’s not enough to just want or expect success. The key to success is the willingness to initiate and take action. Don’t wait for someone else to do something. Be action oriented.

Do something. Do anything. But get busy. Get going. Do something every single day that moves you in the direction of your most important goal at the moment.

Develop the discipline of doing something 365 days each year that is moving you forward. You will be absolutely astonished at how much you accomplish when you utilize this formula in your life every single day.

Myth 5: Success Is “Having It All”
The last myth is believing success is having it all — the six-figure CEO job, the family, the beach house, etc.

Like I mentioned earlier, many of us think that someone else’s definition of success is valid for us. We often feel a little uneasy if we’re not successful doing something that someone else thinks we should be successful in.

Many people allow their parents to influence their choices of career and find themselves miserable as a result.

The fact is that life and success are very much like a smorgasbord. If 100 people went to a smorgasbord and each put food on their plates in the quantity and mixes that each felt would be most pleasing to himself or herself, every single plate would be different.

Even a husband and wife would go up to a smorgasbord and come back with plates that look completely different.

Success is the same thing.

It is composed of a great variety of ingredients, including physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Each person requires a particular combination of these ingredients in order to feel the very best about himself, or herself and life.

Source: https://www.briantracy.com/blog/personal-success/common-success-myths/

Offline Raisa

• Sky is the limit
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Common Myths About Success
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 03:44:42 PM »
 :)
:)