Wednesdays and Thursdays: 'English speaking days' at DIU

Author Topic: Wednesdays and Thursdays: 'English speaking days' at DIU  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Wednesdays and Thursdays: 'English speaking days' at DIU
« on: January 12, 2012, 10:18:28 AM »
Dear All:

The medium of instruction of DIU is English, we randomly use this phrase. We say so because we believe the same. We believe, without ensuring English at every sphere of our Academic system, we will never be counted as a global institution. Our ultimate goal of winning the best position will be in peril. We don't want to loose what we have already obtained, we don't want to loose the opportunity of going further in quality what is looming ahead. We are not in a position of compromise with our ethics. Our salute goes for those who are keeping up their effort to uphold this morale...... I am sure what I have just said is the reflection of your heart too, because, We acknowledge what we have achieved is the outcome of dedication and hard work shown by the visionary leaders like you. Role of each and every individual is counted valuable.

To nurture the habit among all, we have already set Wednesdays and Thursdays as 'English speaking days' when everyone is to speak in English in and around the campus. This habit would gradually make everybody familiar and comfortable to utter English everyday. We are very happy that in every corner faculty, students & employees are trying to be habituated with it. We just need to keep this effort on. As the torchbearers of DIU, your direction in this regard is really appreciable. We are happy to see you are thirsty to ensure English in Wednesdays and Thursdays everywhere and are motivating all in and around.

Please Try to keep on and let us know if any support is needed.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
Re: Wednesdays and Thursdays: 'English speaking days' at DIU
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:56:18 PM »
It's really a nice movement, sir. I'm really waiting for the day when we will be called the 'The Best University' in Bangladesh. And to achieve the target, we've to get the English very firmly. I'm sure that if this step by the authority maintained then it will be an extraordinary atmosphere for us!!!!!!

Thank you.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline rubel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »
Dear Students,
You all also should speak in English on Wednesday and Thursday with your teachers and friends. And it will increased your English Spoken skills.
Thanks 
Rafiqul Alam Rubel
Senior Assistant Director(IT)
Special Assistant to Chairman, BOT
Daffodil International University
Cell :+88 01713493130 or +8801811458809

Offline Sultan Mahmud Sujon

• Administrator
  • Sultan Mahmud Sujon, Sr. Admin Officer
    • View Profile
    • Helping You Office Operation & Automation Management
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 06:39:26 PM »
Dear Sir,

We just need to keep this effort on the line is very important. I agree with you for this system.English is a international languages so that we can communicate all over the world any time any where. I don't English because of them i am not expert in English &  thought that i speaking is wrong if my friends & others party laughing........... As a result Zero

Last of all welcome this system.Wednesday and Thursday try to speaking English. 

Offline rubel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
Dear Sujon,
If your friends are laughing then they knows English right ? Otherwise why they laughing ? It mean your friends can correct your English too. And what will be the result ?  100/100 not zero. And try to read more English books, news papers and also see some good English movies or TV news etc. those will help you to learn and speak in English.

Remember who are laughing now after few days or months or years will cry for learning English because English will need everywhere in the world and also in the corporate life or in your job.

So, don't miss this opportunity. Try, Try and Try, off course you will be confident to speak in English. Thanks

Rafiqul Alam Rubel
Senior Assistant Director(IT)
Special Assistant to Chairman, BOT
Daffodil International University
Cell :+88 01713493130 or +8801811458809

Athora Ahmed

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 02:11:35 PM »
It's true whenever we need to speak in English we afraid of because we always think about other reactions..but to meet the advance world we must learn English .and that's why Wednesday and Thursday we try to speak in English. This system is just to learn and make our confidence to speak in English .so, let's follow what sir said and try to use this opportunity..