INTERNSHIP & CDC : FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Author Topic: INTERNSHIP & CDC : FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS  (Read 1896 times)

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
INTERNSHIP & CDC : FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
« on: October 01, 2009, 10:06:48 AM »
What is an internship?

An internship is a pre-professional experience which can provide exposure, training, and mentorship in a given career field. Individual internships vary in terms of duration. Internships can be paid or unpaid, and sometimes offer academic credit.

Why do I need an internship?

Internships help you:
1. Reinforce academic and career objectives and personal values related to work;
2. Identify the skills you need to enter a given field;
3. Gain practical work experience in your field of interest to balance the classroom training; and
4. Get an edge in the competitive job market over those individuals with no relevant work experience.

How can I find an internship in or near my hometown?

1. Check the CDC’s job/internship database (will be organized soon from wide range of geographical and professional range including GO, NGO, Donor, national, international and Multinational companies, Manufactures and Factories, Media Houses, Hospitals, markets etc.)

2. Network with DIU alumni, who are located throughout the country and abroad.

It is possible to do an internship for a month? Can I negotiate the start or stop date?

Depending on the employer, they may be flexible with you in terms of the duration of your internship, while others may have strict requirements. If you have other commitments that may conflict with participating in a long term internship, consider a short-term project, working for a temp agency, or finding some other short-term jobs.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 01:54:34 PM by raju »
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU