5 Little Ways to Win People's Hearts

Author Topic: 5 Little Ways to Win People's Hearts  (Read 3433 times)

Offline lima_diu

• View Profile
5 Little Ways to Win People's Hearts
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:08:47 PM »

Most of our problems and complaints are relationship related. Wouldn't it be nice if we could get along with all the people in our lives? The truth is, like most areas of life, relationships also require attention and skill. These 5 things may seem insignificant, but they can bring big changes in your relationships!

Listening

Many of us dream of becoming great speakers, but how many of us try to become better listeners? The truth is, a good listener influences others more easily than a good speaker. Everybody wants someone to listen to them. Most people interrupt others when they are speaking, or just pretend to listen. But if you are genuinely interested in what others are saying, they will feel valued and accepted. They will trust you and open up to you. You will be able to influence them easily.

Using your intelligence not to win arguments, but to avoid them

Actually, this advice is not from us, but from Confucius himself. The truth is, you may satisfy your ego by winning an argument, but you will never win a friend. In fact there is a saying that every time you win an argument, you lose a friend. The greatest men in history did not defeat others with logic or force, they won them over with their kindness. So don't waste time and energy trying to win arguments, be smart and never get into an argument!

Smiling

You meet a person. He is talking to you, but he looks grim. You don't quite know what to think of him. What is going on inside his head? Maybe he is upset about something, maybe he is bored, or maybe he just doesn't like you, you think. Then suddenly, he looks straight into your eyes and breaks into a big, genuine smile.

How would you feel? All on a sudden, you would know everything is okay. Your feelings about the person would change instantly. You would warm up to him, feel closer to him, won't you?

Such is the power of smile. A genuine smile can break all emotional barriers in an instant. So ask yourself, how often do you smile? Does your smile light up your eyes? Or do you have one of those fake plastic smiles? Promise yourself, from now on, you will never be so stressed, so preoccupied, or so closed that you can give everyone you meet one genuine smile.

Saying 'I am sorry', and meaning it

How many times have you realized that you have made a mistake, that you shouldn't have said or done something, but could not bring yourself to say ' I am sorry?' Most of the time our ego tricks us into thinking that admitting a mistake is kind of like accepting defeat. So either we don't say sorry, or we say something like, 'I am sorry but I only said that because you said this and that...'(i.e. it is really your fault). So it doesn't work, and often creates more distance between us and the other party.
Just try saying ' I am sorry' once, sincerely and unconditionally, and discover its magical power! This one sentence, when said unconditionally, can make all anger and hurt disappear. It will be like the misunderstanding never happened. And the other party may admit his mistake too!

Controlling the evil tongue

In other words, don't say nasty things about people behind their backs. Gossiping, backbiting or gibot is not only a serious offence in Islam, it is also a relationship destroyer. Just think, do you trust the so-called friend who says nasty things about other friends when he is talking to you? Do you think he is not doing the same thing to you behind your back?
We are supposed to be like mirrors to other people. If you do have to point out people's shortcomings, it is much better to gently point it out face to face, if you think they will take it the right way and try to overcome them. Otherwise, it is much better  to concentrate on your own shortcomings, because after all, the only person you can really change is yourself.

Source: http://quantummethod.org.bd
Lima Khan
Sr. Coordination Officer
Daffodil International University

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
Re: 5 Little Ways to Win People's Hearts
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 06:45:41 PM »
Great Information!! These things are really practical & I personally follow those.

Thanks Madam.
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline sethy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »
Nice post. Very informative. It can help us to be a good communicator.
Thanks for sharing.
Sazia Afrin Sethy
ID:101-11-1366
BBA Department,
Batch: 25th,
Sec: B.

Offline lima_diu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 03:20:44 PM »
Thank you Shajib & Sethy for inspiration.
Lima Khan
Sr. Coordination Officer

Offline mondal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 06:37:03 PM »
worthy post..we all need to practice this in our life to be a better person..
S. Mondal
Assistant Registrar

Offline ABM Nazmul Islam

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »
very good post been delivered by a jolly minded individual
ABM Nazmul Islam

Lecturer
Dept. of Natural Science
Daffodil Int. University, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Offline Farhana Helal Mehtab

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 03:17:59 PM »
Listening,
Using your intelligence not to win arguments, but to avoid them,
Smiling
Saying 'I am sorry', and meaning it
AND Controlling the evil tongue.

Now lets check, how many of us follow these 5?