I am Not Brilliant. I am Average.

Author Topic: I am Not Brilliant. I am Average.  (Read 3667 times)

Offline lima_diu

• View Profile
I am Not Brilliant. I am Average.
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:31 AM »
Let me ask you a question. Who is better? Rabbit, or tortoise?
At the first, you may think,`Of course Rabbit’. But if you think deeply, you’ll understand that tortoise is better. The rabbit can be fast but through steady effort, the slow tortoise always reaches the goal first.

So if you think you are not brilliant, it takes you a long time to understand things, and your memory is even worse, congratulations ! Because you are the one who will win. If you have average intelligence, you are more likely to do well than those with extraordinary talent. This is not just us saying, this has actually been proved by research. Those with average intelligence usually do better because they learn to work steadily like the tortoise.

And even if you are a genius, you won’t be able to taste success until you learn to work hard and persevere. Ibn Sina, the legendary Persian scholar, was the father of modern medicine. He made significant contribution in a wide range of fields including chemistry, mathematics, geography, philosophy, literature, psychology, logic, paleontology, and theology.

Because of his exceptional intellect and keen memory he learned everything his teachers had to teach by the age of 14. But when he tried to learn things by himself it did not come that easily to him. He had great difficulty understanding Aristotle's Metaphysics. It is said that he read the whole book 40 times. He had it memorized word by word but its meaning remained hopelessly obscure to him. Ibn Sina had a wonderful habit. Whenever he faced such a problem he would go to the mosque and immerse himself in deep prayer. He would ask God to give him the capability to understand the knowledge he wanted to acquire for people's benefit. He continued praying until he felt that God was listening to his prayers.
This time too he did the same thing. And one day he found a commentary on Aristotole's Metaphysics by another legendary scholar, Al-Farabi at a book stall. It finally helped him understand the book that had been a complete mystery to him. After purchasing it with 3 dirhams he ran to the mosque to thank God for His mercy and kindness.

So don't feel bad because you are not brilliant. If you can work hard, nothing can stop you. Good luck  :)

Source: www.quantummethod.org

Lima Khan
Sr. Coordination Officer
Daffodil International University

Offline mondal

• View Profile
Re: I am Not Brilliant. I am Average.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:48:00 PM »
partially agree with you, in the era of modern world where things are rolling on and on so quickly.. technology is changing rapidly and life gives us little time to cope up with all this happenings..so I believe if someone has the ability to move fast
and knows how to use the brain for balancing surroundings,s/he will be succeeded. If we look around, we see so many people are doing very well in life due to their timely initiative and smart decision about career and life...whereas some are pulling it hard for a long to reach the same.   
S. Mondal
Assistant Registrar

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 10:01:18 PM »
Yes!! I always asks my friends who are having the average talent,,,,& really they are reacting!!
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline ehsan217

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 02:23:50 PM »
I also think that...........

Offline ABM Nazmul Islam

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 11:02:19 AM »
just like your fairy tale, few decades ago, there had been one quote, indicating the Auzis, not the  so famous Australian Cricket Team, while West Indies dominating Cricket World, the Auzis used to say, "let them (west Indies) collect 300 runs in one day, we will pick up 400 runs in two days, cause their defeat".... so, not starting at others we should look at ourselves and go towards success by ourselves.
ABM Nazmul Islam

Lecturer
Dept. of Natural Science
Daffodil Int. University, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Offline mahmudul_ns

• Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 01:08:23 PM »
inspire me a lot. thanks
Md. Mahmudul Islam
Lecturer, Dept. Of Natural Sciences
mahmudul.ns@diu.edu.bd