Positive Bangladesh

Author Topic: Positive Bangladesh  (Read 7510 times)

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Positive Bangladesh
« on: November 17, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »
We are delighted to inform you that DIU is implementing a new social awareness project named “Positive Bangladesh” with the mission of bringing out all the positive facts about Bangladesh, to create social awareness regarding various important issues, to lift-up our image in every possible aspect and with the vision of representing a better Bangladesh to the world. Hope following and many more can be emphasized through this timely campaign:

•   Introducing our national hero’s among young people to encourage proactive role to build the country. Say for example Sir Jagadish Chandra Bashu, Kazi Nazrul Islam, Professor Dr. Younus and so on.
•   Highlighting industries that dominating in the world-market like Garments, Textile, Software, Ceramics, Leather, Fish, and Jute etc.
•   Success in UN peace keeping forces by Bangladeshi participants.
•   Availabilities of social capital and true volunteerism in Bangladesh for building a tolerant community historically.
•   NRB contributions.
•   Producing biography of businessmen who made remarkable achievement for employment and creating a new Bangladesh.
•   Case studies on booming sector like Real estate, pharmaceutical industries etc.
•   Profiling of educationalist and scientist are carrying out highest reputations worldwide.
•   UK and Europe based food business where people are building their confidence.
•   Creating social awareness on drug, child-marriage, dowry, HIV/AIDS etc.
•   Knowledge sharing about Global warming and climate changes impact in Bangladesh for effective preparedness.
•   â€œBangla”, International mother language day and amplifying the glorious history of it.
•   Literacy of our history including 1971 for young people to build clear perception about the country, culture and people.
•   Global coverage for world longest sea-beach (Cox’s bazzar) and biggest mangrove forest (Sundarban) which is already been identified as a part of global heritage.
•   Highlighting success in sports including cricket.
•   Many more*

*Hope all of you will be supportive by contributing ideas, thoughts and suggestions for completing the project from every perspective. You can add or omit suggested ideas to make the event participatory and positive from all perspectives. We are POSITIVE and confident with all of your active participation and guidance to make the event a grand success.

Let’s identify our country as a POSITIVE Bangladesh, a PROSPECTIVE Bangladesh!

We need all of your support even if you know some one or some organization who can enlighten us in this area of thinking. Please help us with your strong references……….

Waiting for your response!

Syed Mizanur Rahman Raju
Convener of the Program
Positive Bangladesh

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
Re: Positive Bangladesh
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 09:33:07 PM »
Dear Raju bhai,

Can we start campaigning to stop "eve teasing"? I am sure we the whole Daffodil family can come forward to do something potential. It will take us one step ahead in building positive Bangladesh.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline habib742

• Relevent & positive thinking can change the way...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
I also agree with suraiya mem...The campaign will help to create awareness about eve teasing not only on DIU students but can also influence others...Moreover it can create Brand Image of DIU.. :)

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »
Yes and this is nice to know your proposal and let me share you that we already talked with some social worker including Rokeya Prachi( actress) for national level intervention on it. Please note that we need to do something effectively to ensure true changes in people’s mind for creating enabling environment for our beloved young people specially girls.

I am sure we 6000+ DIU people can make the situation better.

Cheers!

Raju

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »
Dear Mr Habib

Thanks for your realization of the gravity of the present situation.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
Dear Raju bhai

Thanks for updating me. I hope very soon we will be able to materialise the plan and strategy that have been worked out regarding this issue.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »
Yes, I think it is the high time  to raise our voice against those merciless killers (Eve teasers).A human -chain or similar sort of activities can be a display of our tender concern of  6000+DIU employees. To my mind, this will  also uphold the very image of our Varsity. Thanks.

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 11:04:56 AM »
I agree with Ms. Irina Ishrat madam - we can form a human chain to show protest against "eve teasing". This can be our first step. Hope we will form a human chain soon.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
today I was so depressed to see one of my friend are "teasing" a girl while the issue of Eve teasing is going on through the National level..I have asked him Why are you doing this??then he made some arguments but one argument i want to share...he said "todays girls are very fond of wearing western dress & their way of showing their acceptability is the main cause of eve teasing"...

My deepression is that, In such level of education we are not ready to understand the consequences of eve teasing.we are not ready to respect Girls..we do not understand that we wear dress in which we feel comfortable & carry the dress with the culture..

In this situation..what to do???

Habibur Rahman
BBA
22nd batch

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 09:04:09 AM »
Dear Mr Habib

Those who like to engage themselves in the henious act of eve teasing , they always look for a lame excuse. The problem is not with the Western dress-up, the problem is with the mentality of some pervert guys. People who are rational like you should come forward to help these pervert people get cured.
Your broad and rational mentality deserves appreciation.
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 09:13:30 AM »
Eve teasing!!!

A great concern of our govrnment..this concern is likely to increasing consciousness among city peoples..But a large number of people live in village.so what about them??there are many villegers who don't know what is the consequences of Eve-teasing..

As I am from Villege and my parents also live in villege..so I want to get my villegers concerned about Eve-teasing..Is there anyone to help me???

Habibur Rahman..
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 09:21:06 AM by habib742 »

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 10:30:14 AM »
Dear Habib, you can be the first spokesperson in your village to let the others know about the serious consequences of 'eve teasing'. You can talk to your sister, brother and friends as well to make them aware of the evil act of the rogues. Your sister, brother will exchange their views with others and thus time will come when everybody will talk against the heinous act and take some measures to stop those unwelcome guys. Thanks.

Offline suraiya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 11:13:23 AM »
Dear Habib,

In order to create awareness against "eve teasing" in villages you can start counselling your freinds in village. Make them realize how henious such act is and its consequences. You can talk to the village chairman about this so that there can be taken some steps to prevent "eve teasing" in your locality
Senior Lecturer
Department of English

Offline habib742

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 11:09:42 PM »
That’s all about good suggestions. Yes, obviously I will share the terrible consequences of Eve-teasing with my village friends and If possible I will make a campaign concerning this matter. Everybody, pray for me…

Offline tanzina_diu

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2010, 10:16:06 AM »
We know lots of students from outside of Dhaka get admitted in DIU every year. They all may not conscious about Eve Teasing. So, in orientation program our proctor sir can add about Eve teasing to his speech. In this way we can send them a signal that students of DIU have to be free of Eve Teasing Virus.
Tanzina Hossain
Assistant Professor
Department of Business Administration
Faculty of Business & Economics