VOICES OF STUDENTS!

Author Topic: VOICES OF STUDENTS!  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Senorita

• View Profile
VOICES OF STUDENTS!
« on: December 16, 2009, 12:37:21 PM »
A “FORUM” has been established to bring out different views or various complaints regarding our university. :) As a matter of fact majority of the students are still unaware about the presence of forum and those who  have knowledge about it are either not interested to write anything or they are tired of posting the same thing over and over again as no actions are been taken against these complaints :'(

According to my opinion lots of modification is necessary . ::)Very frequently writings have been uploaded regarding making new infrastructure for Daffodil International University. Outlook is an important factor in every case as it creates a primary impression. A good campus will create a better image in the deep mind whereas a bad campus will do just the opposite thing. There is a popular saying “Age dorshon kari phir goon bichari”. This applies to every situation in life whether its entering a supermarket to buy a product with no past experience or getting admission in any universities. Students of today are still crazy about for AIUB,NSU,IUB though we all know that our academic quality, quality of teacher are better than them but students are still attracted to those as they have well designed campus and much more facilities that is not been found over here. There fore I have an earnest request of making a permanent well designed campus.
I believe authority have looked though the issue of building new infrastructure and is definitely doing something about it. :) By the mean time would like to draw your attention about the outlook of the existing infrastructure.
 Out look
If we take a look at the BBA campus from outside the first thing that comes into our view is “NOKIA CARE”,”MONERREKHO SAREES” and then a faded banner of DAFFODIL INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY...which can be barely seen. Repainting is required at outside of campus wall as the color of the building has been worn out . :o.Steel rods are projecting out of the wall. Come on we need to do something about it and we start by changing the banner.

Canteen
Another factor is canteen or a so called "canteen" which literally don’t have anything other than chairs and tables filled with filthy students smoking. The shelves are completely clean with no flies not even food.. :'( What’s the point of keeping such a canteen when nothing is available? ???

[u]Insufficient rooms[/u]
There are insufficient number of rooms for counseling .If making new room  is not possible at present then a new rule should be established stating “no group can stay for more than an hour o two in order to allow other student to sit for discussion."

Quality
Quality of students should be maintained .Our universities take any one and every one .Its high time to set standard. Students who fail to make improvement in the third time should be expelled .What is the point in keeping such students ??? they don’t bring any good for the university rather they detoriate the image of it. We need to remember our university is still developing and is trying to be like other  branded universities out there in the city and student quality matters because finally student are the  ones who represent the universities the final product of DIU. If the finished product turns out to be bad naturally the blame goes to the teaching staffs though they are trying to build a well qualified strong citizen. I think the bar of quality should be raised. Our university gives us the opportunity to sit for retake but this opportunity is rather misused. >:( This option should be taken off as more students are becoming less serious in studies as they have already have in their mind they can sit again for it. Specials exams can be arranged for students who have genuine reason for not attending o failing an exam.

We are encouraged to join forum upload new post .But what is the point of uploading if no actions are taken. ??? It becomes useless just like the discussions done on talk shows of every channels. :-[
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 12:39:27 PM by Senorita »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: VOICES OF STUDENTS!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:58:07 PM »
Dear Ms. Senorita

Thanks for your posting. You must agree with me that Rome was not built in a day. We have to have patience to see the results of the suggestions put forward by you. Some of your suggestions are very logical while some others should have been written positively.

However, i believe, if we love our university and work as such, we all can develop it and make it as one of the the best universities in the country.

Warmly

Md. Shibli Shahriar
Assstant Professor
First Fulltime Teacher of DIU 
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline emranhossain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:32:30 PM »
Thanks for you big but very constructive mail. Seems that you spent lots of your valuable time to analysis DIU’s current problems and solutions. Most of the problems you mentioned is already our consideration and we took several steps to solve these like as:

1. Permanent campus is number one priority of DIU Board of Governors and our Honorable Chairman Sir gives his valuable effort in this issue. So far our knowledge, DIU is in the middle of the process to get a beautiful permanent campus if ALLMIGHTY allow.
   2. Your observation about outlook of Prince Plaza  campus is 100% right, we can show many reasons behind this but still its our fault as we have the opportunity to improve it. We will do it soonest.
   3. We already took some good space to enlarge our canteen besides our current one. Renovation works are going full swing and hope you will get a good canteen very soon with some extra facilities.
   4. We already set-up a big new counsel/ seminar room at 3rd Floor with all the facilities and the work is 95% done except some finishing works.
   5. Besides we also purchased   a big space there very recent and will start our operations soon. Moreover we have enough empty space now in our hand and can build new rooms as per requirements.
   6. To improve the quality of students, we already starts scanning process (taking admission test) couple of semester ago. Besides, we set-up modern English Lab, facilities of all types of world renowned vendor certificate courses which is very much valuable to get quality jobs. We already set-up a different cell to improve the quality of English of our students. We also introduce a 3 days crash training program for the final year students to prepare themselves for the job markets.
   7. Within couple of months you will see more initiatives from us for student’s developments and improve the image of DIU.

Again thanks for your nice and constructive mail. Such types of mails encourage us when we see many people thinks about the development of DIU besides us.

With Regards
Emran Hossain
Deputy Registrar
Daffodil International University
102 Sukrabad, Mirpur Road,
Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1207
Tel: 880-2-9138234/5, Ext-133
Mobile: 88-01711538474
Fax:880-2-9131947
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
- Show quoted text -

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »
Dear Ms. Senorita

Let me tell you one aspect of human psychology. We always look for what is not, we forget about what we already have. We administer examinations very strictly, we have a beautiful account section, we have quality teachers, we have good resources in library. If you visit our library, you will get a book of different editions.

So, we have to propagate the positive aspects of what we already have. Let me tell you another thing, NSU has moved to their permanent campus after 18 years. Can you imagine that? I personally visited NSU many times. A lot of congestion inside and outside!!! I am talking about their old campus but it's true that they maintain quality. We also maintain quality. But what is our differentiation? We do it with personal care. Our students can have access to their teachers anytime and every time. We try to counsel our students the best possible way. That's our strength.

So, let us count the blessings as well.

Warmly  
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 02:12:52 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 02:53:44 PM »
I completely agree with Mr. Shibli Shahriar that we have to tell people about the positive side of our university.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:19:08 PM by rumman »
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline Senorita

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 12:01:20 PM »
Dear Sirs,
            I never said that DIU does not have any positive sides we do have but that does not mean that we should always look at the brighter side forget about the darker side when we have the capability of turning them into positive ones.The posting was uploaded in order to bring out the complaints of the student i regular hear while siting in the counseling room, the frustration they go through while giving job interview.Though i agree with u  all that getting job solely depends on our personal talent and if we are capable then the job is definitely going to be ours but at times image of the university works behind too.I know its not possible for one student or one staff to make a change the whole unit needs to work behind it .I know Rome was not built in a day  but this saying was quite long back when resources were not that much available but now it can be now be built ten times faster.The advancement in evrything is so fast that we need to complete whatever possible by today.Because by the next day the competition will be more tough.When we are capable of doing and completing things by today why keep it for tomorrow?I know the DIU staffs are working hard  and giving their best effort to do something for DIU students and i really appreciate that .My last positing  was to just bring out some common complaints so that you can rectify them and convert our university from better to best . It didnt mean any offense though.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 01:19:07 PM »
Dear Ms. Senorita

Students are asked to put forward their suggestions, not complaints. Suggestion is a positive word. Let's all be positive in our words as well as in our actions.

Can you please meet me in person? We want to hear some more suggestions from you and others that you heard while you were in the common room. You may get a prize for your suggestions if the authority feels you deserve it.

Thanks for posting anyway

Shibli
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 05:20:42 PM by shibli »

Offline Senorita

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
Dear Sir,
           I am extremely sorry if you think that i have acted rudely.. :-[.....my posting did not mean anything harsh against DIU.......it was all suggestion from my side as my first post says "VOICES OF STUDENTS" but they can be said as complaints from other end .I am quite new over here therefore i don't know the names of my senior batch students.DIU has positive factors and that why i am studying in here and I really want my university to be one of the best in  every ones mind.
Say for example:- the other day when there was a DJ party in prince plaza and students from other universities came as DJs we were in the lift and i heard them saying that this DIU after all what better can u expect.?. ???..i was filled with anger i couldn't say anything to them other than to stare as they were senior to us.
I guess my way of expressing my feelings were really not the right way. I am extremely sorry  for that .DIU provides its services in the best possible way but the student misuses them and its a fact.I would like to be discreet sir,my intention was just to bring up the voices of the students so that u can use for the betterment not for any other cause.I love DIU  and I want to see it on the top of all the universities and I want people to stop commenting something bad about it.We all love DIU , we care for it therefore we put forward our suggestions.Once again sorry for being negative . :-[

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 03:44:23 PM »
Dear Ms Senorita
Insallah insallah insallah very soon you will see many positive changes of DIU. On the 4th floor of Price plaza, students are going to have a big common room and a study room. Very shortly we all can see a lot of development of DIU. We are also trying to improve quality. We are very strict on copying in the exam unlike many other universities and we have decided to cut down improvement exams...and many more.

Our respected Chairperson of Board of Governors of DIU Mr. Md. Sabur Khan has been trying day and night to make DIU no. 1. So, please have patience and DIU is gonna make good progress rapidly and Ms. Senorita, read my lips, you like all others, will be very very very proud of being a graduate of DIU.

Very truly

Md. Shibli Shahriar

Offline Senorita

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
Dear Sir,
            I hope the same too.I thank you all for giving your some valuable time in reading my posts.

Ms Senorita

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 03:26:54 PM »
Dear Shibli Bhai,

Thanks for your nice online facilitation. As I know from my personal experience online class is very much growing around the globe and this is something difficult class (room) situation when we are not seeing each other at all but delivering or expressing things diversely. May be you will be great online class teacher some day and DIU will offer some online courses following market demand.

Mood and environment can vary always between writer and reader but want to create kind of value, learning or understanding.

Anyway, I enjoyed your entire conversation where we can develop all the way. Special thanks to Ms Senorita who involved with explanation with enthusiasm.

Regards,

Raju

« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:46:52 PM by raju »
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »

We are trying to extend our campuses day by day. Within very short time, we will be getting new campuses. That will enrich our university campus facility and increase our brand name. If we are helpful and cooperative to our students and their parents, these satisfied students will bring new students. And thus our university will be more enriched........

Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 05:36:15 PM »
Dear Mr. Rumman

I must appreciate you for your nice and valued comments. If all officers including teachers behave well with the students and be caring with them, then these students will create good 'word of the mouth'. Good word of the mouth will increase our brand image. As a matter of fact, We must create service differentiation.

Warmly
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 05:42:40 PM by shibli »

Offline Senorita

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »
Dear Sirs,
            Thanks to all of you.
 Ms Senorita

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
The online results publication system and the virtual university registration software are the most excellent innovations of Daffodil International University. Students are being able to know their results anytime anywhere. Moreover, students can deposit their tuition fees on installment basis. Day by day their facilities will be increased.......insallah
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 06:22:16 PM by shibli »