We need rigorous actions with planning

Author Topic: We need rigorous actions with planning  (Read 3729 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
We need rigorous actions with planning
« on: December 30, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »
I think CDC should be more actively involved in students' career counseling so that DIU can be regarded as a career facilitator university. We need not only planning but also actions. To me, this is how we can create service differentiation.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 06:26:17 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline sumon

• View Profile
Re: We need rigorous actions with planning
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your great ideas. i am also agreed with you that we need to implement the ideas rather creating many planning at the same time.

Now I am providing career counseling to the students every day.

I hope, you always help us what you did in previous time.

Thanking You.

M. Ziaul Haque Sumon
Sr. Administrative Officer
Career Development Center, DIU

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 06:29:12 PM »
Dear Sumon
All students should be informed about CDC activities. Students from Science faculty hardly come to seek help. We have to tell them.....
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline sumon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 11:31:17 AM »
Dear Sir,
we always hang the notice of our any activities into the notice board of science faculty.
beside that we always post all the updates of CDC into our forum.
M. Ziaul Haque Sumon

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »
I think CDC should create a yearly calender for their upcoming events and let the students know about those activities beforehand

For example:

January: Workshop on Presentation Skills

February: Workshop on Corporate Culture and Behavior

March :  Mock interview sessions for interns and final year students

April: Job Fair

May: Workshop on Communication Skills

June: Workshop on developing Leadership Skills

July: Workshop on Time Management

August: Workshop on Life Skills

September: Workshop on Event Management

October: Workshop on ICT skills

November: Workshop on Career Counselling

December: Mega Event

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:17:04 PM by shibli »

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 11:00:56 PM »
Thanks Shibli Bhai,

We are already working on it. Working to sit with all clubs by next week and listing all possible events by them as well to march with CDC central plan.

We will invite you to join our team to finalize the calendar shortly.

Regards,

Raju

Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 06:21:19 PM »
Raju bhai
Further to my request to create a yearly calender of events on January 19, 2010, I personally don't know whether any progress is made in this regard or not. It is very important that CDC should more actively be involved with students to improve their communication skills. I take only one course on Business Communication. I can instruct only 40 students. But CDC can do that for the whole of DIU students very often.

Since you have taken over the charge of CDC, we hope to see students learn many things about CV writing, and Career planning and development.

Wish you all the best for more upcoming events like CV writing, and Sessions for interview tips and techniques.

Regards
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:23:25 PM by shibli »

Offline md

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 11:26:33 PM »
Why not u make your class in interactive way so that all DIU student can enjoy your lecture and feel the strength of DIU too. Meet with me I will guide u.

Offline sumon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
Dear Shibli Sir
It is true you found only 40 students in Business Communication Class. But as far i know business communication is mandatory for all the courses. again  there are 2/3 English courses are mandatory for every students. in all those course matters we found learning's about resume writing, cover letter writing and many more.  But after successfully completing all the courses with good grade points when we found some of our students resume and cover letter is completely unfit what should we do then? I think we should be more aware about this matter.

We have already submitted the proposal to arrange career workshop on CV writing, interview techniques, presentation skills,  Career planning and development and many more.Hope we can start our program just after the mid term exam.

Hope we will found you in our journey to build our students career in a nice way.

Sincerely

M. Ziaul Haque Sumon

Offline mamun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 01:17:49 PM »
Yes Mr. Sumon I  totally agree with you. As my work is to with the internee students I have to face with these. Even that some students have the lack of writing an application although we have 3 mandatory English courses. But I always tried to make them correct and do that in a positive way.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 12:09:06 PM by mamun »
Professor Rafiqul Islam
Dean, FBE

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2010, 02:40:18 PM »
I fully agree with you. We need to develop at least English writing, speaking skill for all the students of DIU before passing out. 
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar