Eckhart Tolle Quotes

Author Topic: Eckhart Tolle Quotes  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil International University
Eckhart Tolle Quotes
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:30:34 PM »

Eckhart Tolle Quotes

You are here to enable the divine purpose of the universe to unfold. That is how important you are.

To the ego, the present moment hardly exists. Only past and future are considered important. This total reversal of the truth accounts for the fact that in the ego mode the mind is so dysfunctional. It is always concerned with keeping the past alive, because without it - who are you?

Internal and external are ultimately one. When you no longer perceive the world as hostile, there is no more fear, and when there is no more fear, you think, speak and act differently. Love and compassion arise, and they affect the world.

Meet everyone and everything through stillness rather than mental noise.

To be conscious of Being, you need to reclaim consciousness from the mind. This is one of the most essential tasks on your spiritual journey.

Most people treat the present moment as if it were an obstacle that they need to overcome. Since the present moment is Life itself, it is an insane way to live.

What a liberation to realize that the "voice in my head" is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that.

Whatever the present moment contains, accept is as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.

Thinking and consciousness are not synonymous. Thinking is only a small aspect of consciousness. Thought cannot exist without consciousness, but consciousness does not need thought.

Focus your attention on the Now and tell me what problem you have at this moment.

The word enlightenment conjures up the idea of some superhuman accomplishment, and the ego likes to keep it that way, but it is simply your natural state of felt oneness with Being.

The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive. To put it more accurately, it is not so much that you use your mind wrongly -- you usually don't use it at all. It uses you. This is the disease. You believe that you are your mind. This is the delusion. The instrument has taken you over.

Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within.

To be identified with your mind is to be trapped in time: the compulsion to live almost exclusively through memory and anticipation.

At the deepest level of Being, you are one with all that is.

Emotion arises at the place where mind and body meet. It is the body's reaction to your mind - or you might say, a reflection of your mind in the body.
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Senior Assistant Director
Daffodil International University
01811-458850
cmoffice@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

www.fb.com/badshahmamun.ju
www.linkedin.com/in/badshahmamun
www.twitter.com/badshahmamun