Quotes and Sayings on Goals

Author Topic: Quotes and Sayings on Goals  (Read 2772 times)

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil International University
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:54:36 AM »

In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it.
...............Robert Heinlein

Nothing happens unless first we dream.
...............Carl Sandburg

The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.
...............Michelangelo

Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
...............Goethe

Goals are the fuel in the furnace of achievement.
...............Brian Tracy

Most of us serve our ideals by fits and starts. The person who makes a success of living is one who sees his goal steadily and aims for it unswervingly. That's dedication.
...............Cecil B. DeMille

Optimism is essential to achievement and it is also the foundation of courage and true progress.
...............Lloyd Alexander

Nothing stops the man who desires to achieve. Every obstacle is simply a course to develop his achievement muscle. It's a strengthening of his powers of accomplishment.
...............Eric Butterworth

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.
...............Author Unknown

Whoever wants to reach a distant goal must take small steps.
...............Helmut Schmidt

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.
...............Louis Pasteur

Obstacles are those things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
...............Hannah More

Choosing goals that are important to you is one of the most essential things you can do in order to live your dreams.
...............Les Brown

There are those who travel and those who are going somewhere. They are different and yet they are the same. The success has this over his rivals: He knows where he is going.
...............Mark Caine

When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.
...............W. Clement Stone

Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.
...............Vince Lombardi

I feel that the most important step in any major accomplishment is setting a specific goal. This enables you to keep your mind focused on your goal and off the many obstacles that will arise when you're striving to do your best.
...............Kurt Thomas

Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.
...............Henry David Thoreau

If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.
...............Andrew Carnegie

No matter how carefully you plan your goals they will never be more than pipe dreams unless you pursue them with gusto.
...............W. Clement Stone
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Senior Assistant Director
Daffodil International University
01811-458850
cmoffice@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

www.fb.com/badshahmamun.ju
www.linkedin.com/in/badshahmamun
www.twitter.com/badshahmamun

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: Quotes and Sayings on Goals
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 07:23:08 PM »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"