Quotes and Sayings on Compassion

Author Topic: Quotes and Sayings on Compassion  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil International University
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:14:43 PM »

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
..................The Dalai Lama

It is in deep solitude that I find the gentleness with which I can truly love my brothers.
..................Thomas Merton

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.
..................Franklin D. Roosevelt

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.

If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not deter or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again.
..................William Penn

I would rather make mistakes in kindness and compassion than work miracles in unkindness and hardness.
..................Mother Teresa

Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive.

True benevolence, or compassion, extends itself through the whole of existence and sympathizes with the distress of every creature capable of sensation.
..................Joseph Addison

Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world.
..................Buddha

Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.
..................Ralph Waldo Emerson

With malice towards none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right.
..................Abraham Lincoln

Love truth, and pardon error.
..................Voltaire

More helpful than all wisdom is one draught of simple human pity that will not forsake us.George ..................Eliot

Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.
..................Henry James
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Senior Assistant Director
Daffodil International University
01811-458850
cmoffice@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

www.fb.com/badshahmamun.ju
www.linkedin.com/in/badshahmamun
www.twitter.com/badshahmamun