Academic Freedom in Europe: A Preliminary Comparative Analysis

Author Topic: Academic Freedom in Europe: A Preliminary Comparative Analysis  (Read 2994 times)

Offline International Desk, DIU

• View Profile
Abstract

Using comparative data from 23 states within the European Union (EU), this paper is a preliminary assessment of the protection for, and (by extension) the health of, academic freedom in the universities of the nations of the EU. The paper examines constitutional and legislative protection for academic freedom, along with legal regulations concerning institutional governance, the appointment of the Rector and the existence of academic tenure, in order to create a composite picture of the health of academic freedom in the universities within the EU nations. Additionally, the paper considers how this preliminary analysis could be extended through possible further research to aid refinement of the results, and thereby protect and strengthen academic freedom in Europe.

Keywords: academic freedom, European Union, comparative analysis

Please find the attachment herewith to get the full journal.

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
Re: Academic Freedom in Europe: A Preliminary Comparative Analysis
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »
I got great interest on it. Presently I am going through the article. It's not only interesting, but also relevant to the present context. Thanks for uploading.

Offline International Desk, DIU

• View Profile
Re: Academic Freedom in Europe: A Preliminary Comparative Analysis
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 08:58:23 AM »
You are most welcome ..