Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog

Author Topic: Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog  (Read 17039 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog
« on: June 04, 2012, 12:45:49 PM »
Session 1: By Syed Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator-CDC

In this session we learn how to speak politely in front of the people and think positively. we also learn to tell SORRY to anyone is not a shame to us Because it is a great quality. To learn that matter Our beloved Raju sir read a line of the poetry of “Nirmollendo gun” that is “Sometimes I love to lose but it does not mean that I have no capability to win”

Raju sir also told that we must have to take our own decision. The learning was “Do the work how it is instructed rather than not to see any thing”. It seems like a silly mistakes but it may cause a big loss.

We also do some group performance in some vital issues, such as “eve teasing, problems in garments sector, try to be a good person etc.]

Session 2: By Mr. Md, Sabur Khan,Honorable Chairman  & BOT-DIU

Our Chairman sir is really a outstanding person in every sector of his life. We all should be inspired from him. He told us how to upgrade our self in all sector such as in technical sector. He suggest us to buy a in ternate enable mobile set for using the latest version of mobile apps. He also told us how we can utilize traffic jam. Truly I am word less by his speech.
He told us success comes by handwork, honesty & self confidence, he told us how to sell us either it is in job field or in the business field.

Session 3: By Prof. Dr. Yousuf  M. Islam, Executive Director-HRDI

Mind Mapping
This session was so much helpful for Building leadership manner in our mind. Yousuf sir told us to make a mind mapping, at first I like to tell you what ‘Mind Mapping’ is. Mapping means Planning, so mind mapping means make a plan in your mind that how we can achieve our any kind goal. Yousuf told us to make a group and draw a mind map that “How can we achieve success”. We were draw these steps which are given bellow—
1.   Set a Target: - Such as my target is to do a JOB.
2.   What kind of job wants to do: - such as “Banker”.
3.   How you achieve that goal:- By Honesty, Dignity, Handwork, Proficiency.
4.   Skills:- Good academic result, Motivation, Excellent Communication skills(In English)
5.   Obstacles: - Lack of Financial Support, Lack of Experience, poor motivation.
6.   Gratitude: - To all through of my Career path.

Palash Chandra Das
MBA
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:47:30 PM by Shamim Ansary »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil International University
Re: Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »

Learning from DIU Student Grooming and Talent Hunt

Session By Syed Mizanur Rahman (Coordinator-CDC):

I have got a basic idea about attitude, morality, ethics, professional behavior which will provide me a guideline for the success in job and professional life.

Session By Mr. Md. Sabur Khan- Honorable Chairman, BoT-DIU:

From this session I have learnt a lot of tools for Success in personal, Professional and Social life. Some of these are given below:

   To be honest.
   To be more confident and conscious for utilization of time.
    To learn and gather skill, knowledge and adapting with updated technological era.
   To have an efficient presentation skills so that you can show yourself that you are different from others and you have unique knowledge and skills which is required for a specific job. In this way, you will become successful in your life.
   You must think out of the Box which is pushed by our society. For example: Traditionally we think that after our graduation, we want a job not work. This is a negative thinking. We need to want work. When any graduate face an interview for job, if he/she present himself/herself that he/she want to work for the company and also want add values for the company, I think the company will recruit him/her.
   To have self motivation, competency, self driven towards the task provided by the top management.
   To be optimistic, enthusiastic and patience.
   We have also learnt a lot of tools how well we can face a successful job interview so that we can get job easily.

Session By Dr. Yousuf M Islam, Executive Director-HRDI, DIU:

From this session, we have learnt about Mind Mapping. The details of Mind Mapping are given below:

Mind mapping is the thinking tools of human being. If the human being practice mind mapping on a regular basis, they will become happy and successful in their life.

For example:  if anyone wants to happy in his the mind mapping should be following:

Happy:

1.   He should set up a target.
2.   Prepare a plan how to achieve the target.
3.   Gather knowledge and skills required for achieving the target.
4.   Find out the obstacles and also find out the way to overcome the obstacles.
5.   Should have the gratitude towards the parents, teachers and other respectable persons.

Conclusion:

From the whole day session provided by our Honorable Chairman, Mr. Md. Sabur Khan, BoT-DIU, Dr. Yousuf M Islam, Executive Director-HRDI, DIU and Syed Mizanur Rahman (Coordinator-CDC) provide us a lot of knowledge and skill by which we will become successful and happy in our every spares of life such as personal, professional and social life.

This is really an effective training program for us.   

A.K.M. Fakhruddin Ahsan

Workshop registration ID: 016
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Senior Assistant Director
Daffodil International University
01811-458850
cmoffice@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

www.fb.com/badshahmamun.ju
www.linkedin.com/in/badshahmamun
www.twitter.com/badshahmamun

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »

It was one of the memorable day in my varsity life with some enthusiastic, inseparable faculty members and along with chairman sir to spend the whole day in the program of ‘DIU Student Grooming and Talent Hunt.’ I learned a lot from this workshop. Now I can say confidently that I have that capability to face any kind of interview board with my boost power of confidence level. Yes, I know myself that I am not overconfident but after this workshop, my fearfulness is gone away. Now I know that how to talk in the job interview board and know how to convince people who are in the interview board.

At the beginning of the workshop Raju sir taught us some basic manners that we should follow every times in my life not only in the interview board but also in my daily life activities. Now I know how to take seat in the bus, classroom, auditorium and any other public places. He groomed up that what kind of my body language in the interview, how to start talking from the bringing in the interview board.

After end of the session of Raju sir, our honorable chairman sir came and started to groom up ourselves in the workshop. He took 2nd and the 5th session, which is the last session of the workshop. In addition, it was a great day in my life to get this chance to spend most of the time with chairman sir. Moreover, I am impressed with his motivation way, way of inspiration, way of his business logic. I learned so many things from his session but one thing  which I never learned before that, is ‘we should want WORK not job.’ From his speech I learned how to utilized the time, how to segmented the time slot in my life. Always be up to date with the latest technology, use the full facilities of the mobile phone, computer, internet. Setup my perfect career path, should have to work hard to know about the company before going to the interview. How to be polite, how to say sorry, how to criticizes myself, what should I say if do not know the question which will be ask in the interview board.

3rd session was taken Yousuf sir. Who Is really great with his unique style of teaching with powerful mind map. Being a student of CSE I am so lucky that I to be a student twice times of Yousuf sir class. I still can remember that when I started my CSE in this university at the first day Yousuf sir taught us mind map. From the first day of my cse life I always use mind map. To discover myself , try to draw my thinking in through my mind map. From session of Yousuf sir I learned about my skill, know about my obstacles, where I want to go in the future, how to go in that position which I want. And this things I learned from the mind map. Already I made a mind map of myself. Which give me direction that what to do in the next.

From the 4th session Shible sir showed up the steps how  to go to top of the ladder of my career. He taught us how to visualize, how to be passion, how to grateful to my creator what are the steps I should follow. What type of dream I should see and the most important things that is I have to work to achieve the top position of the ladder. I have that confident but without my real life implementation I can’t go there. Therefore, I should start.
Overall, it was unforgettable day in my life. And I promised myself that inshallah I will be one of the successful man from that workshop that the dream see by faculty members and the chairman sir have. And YES I CAN DO IT.

Name: Ashiqrer Rahman Kagozi
Student ID: 091-15-726
Registration ID: 102
Diu Email: ashiq35@diu.edu.bd
Contact Number:  +8801912585022
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »

The program ‘Student Grooming and Talent Hunt’ is a milestone in the history of Daffodil International University which has never been undertaken by the authority itself.so I feel very proud to be a selected participant of the program. In my point of view the program is not only a grooming session or talent hunt but also it warms up the students and leads them to fit their confidence level. Anyway the session by Sayed Mizanur Rahman sir, our honorable co-coordinator (CDC) who is an excellent presenter also a very good performer taught various important thing which are very essential in the way of our daily life. As per real view all of the students like us are so many aspirants to have a suitable job for themselves but most of the cases they are failed to find such job which suits them most. And the beginning question is that what’s the problem with us? Is there insufficient job market or we are inefficient for the job market? We found all the answer from the briefing of our co-coordinator sir. We learn how a student can find celestial happiness in the earth,how he make himself suits for the job market,what should be the attitude,what is the strength and weakness of a human being,what’s the difference form other species,how to be a conqueror,how to consecrated our soul,how to be evergreen all of the things are covered by his consecutive briefing. And I find that the problem lies on our vital roots. We always used to see everything with the bird eye view and gather some vague idea from them but if we always used to take a few thing very deeply then it would rather effective in our practical life.

The second session covered by our honorable chairman of  the trustee Mr. Md. Sabur Khan. How a cherished dream can make a man successful he explained,he also said that always to be loyal and positive to your deeds.We should built our mentality such a way that we expect work or task rather than a job.

And rest of the part are covered by Dr. Yousuf M Islam and Shibly Shahriar sir. A mind map can help us in a lot of way to fix our final destination and we learnt it from Yousuf sir, not only we learn but also we achieve the skill how to present it. A lot of obstacles may arise when we walk up,and we can overcome all the problems through the mind mapping. And Shibly sir taught us not to copy someone and how to be confident.

Finally the powers  of a human being is conscience by which we distinguish right from the wrong.A conscientious person can only be the leader of any society or nation by having the faculty of consciousness he or she can achieve everything he or she deserves.So we have keep such power lies In our soul, human life is eventful and if we take all the event positively the life become more easier day by day.

Name: Ayrin Nahar
Student ID: 091-19-103
Registration ID: 004
DIU Email: ayrin_nahar@diu.edu.bd
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 03:03:39 PM by Shamim Ansary »
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »

At the name of almighty Allah, now I want to explain what I learnt from the event. The event is very significant for me because i attend such kind of unique event organized by our University for the first time. Before attend the event I thought that this event is going to be an ordinary event but after the end of the day it became clear to me that how important it was. The event is divided into several sessions and conducted by different personality. As sessions are conducted by different persons so they all are try to give us their own experience, method and way of success.

Session by Syed Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator-CDC
This is the very first session of the event try to give importance some very special things which is very much needed for make a good career. Things I learn from this session
•        What’s my behavior will be ?
•        Manners have a great importance.
•        Everything should be in a disciplined way.
•        Have to think in a creative way.
•        Have to be polite.
•        Careful about what one say rather than what he do.
•        Planning in a very specific way.
•        Faster movement.

Session by Mr.Md.SaburKahn, Honorable Chairman
This session is full of excitement because the person who takes the session is our honorable chairman, learning from the session
•        First have to determine the target.
•        Alternate target also have to fix up.
•        Be confident.
•        Be pious.
•        Politeness.
•        Try to say sorry.
•        Try to manage difficulties.
•        Control ego and tolerance.
•        No alternate way without use technology.
•        Use of mobile technology.
•        Proper use of time, don’t waste not a single second.
•        Make a good use of traffic jam.
•        How to be a good entrepreneur.
•        Tactics of start a new business.
•        Try to avoid the illegal way of establishment.
•        Fast and smooth when accomplish a task.
•        Try to make establish in a slow way, step by step.
•        Make a strong network.
•        Reference make by the person who actually know you.

Session by Dr.Yousuf M Islam, Executive Director
This session is totally based on mind mapping, set the target, to fulfill the target what types of skills needed and what obstacles are in the way of success.
•        Target has to fix at the very first stage.
•        Go for work hard at the right way for success.
•        Skills need for success.
•        You may face obstacles.
•        Gratitude.

Session by Mr.Md.Sabur Kahn, Honorable Chairman
This session is the last session of the event. Interview makes the much importance in this session. Way of interview, tactics and suggestions for a good interview.
•        Confidence is the main thing needed in an interview.
•        Know about interviewer and the company.
•        Internet can be the way of gather knowledge.
•        Forum can help one in many ways.
•        Google labeling and dusting.
•        Have to sell myself.
•        Efficiency is must.
•        No pretend, because it’s destructive.

This is a very significant and unique event I have ever participated. I  hope if anyone can follow the method and suggestions he must make success in his career. I am determined to apply those things in my life. I need success, I have no way to escape without success.

Ismail Hossain Chowdury
ID: 092-11-1095
E-mail: ismail_1095@diu.edu.bd
Cell: 01815281710

01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »

It was a terrifick day.we have learned a lot,which is very important for us.I am going to discuss it briefly.
Session by syed mizanur Rahman,coordinator-CDC

WE LEARNED

First  decision making,team work, punctuality,aware about illusion.
Appearance,explore   your  quality,punctuality,hard work,honesty.
Mind mapping,Group work,profession plan(problem & solution).

It is very helpful  for  us.
Thanks to organize this event.we want to participate this kind of event.
Thanks,thanks a lot.

Name: Jadu Ibna Alam
ID: 093-34-101
Reg no: 099
Diu mail: alam_101@diu.edu.bd
contact number: 01913848536
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

‘DIU Student Grooming Session & Talent Hunt,2012’ is very essential for all departments of students at DIU. Our honorable Chairman Mr. Sabur Kahn, Raju Sir and Yousuf Sir have given their own speech. They are not only share their opinion but also explain their personal experience. First of all, Raju Sir has given us different types of advice. For Example, how our body language, dress up, gesture and communicative skill should be. He also encouraged ourselves and we performed many interesting events. So we enjoyed very much in that part. In second session Chairman Sir has shown his personal experience. He has taught us that whatever he tells, he always thanks almighty Allah. He also teaches and tips us how to face viva board. He shared a BBA student named Sohel. Sir told that one day he said, “I want to be rich quickly”. Sir advised him and he worked in that way. Now he is a successful business man. Basically he was benefited by this type of talent hunt program. He explained when we should be positive, our motivation and communicative power and so on. In CV the reference contact number shouldn’t be our teacher. It should be our relatives who can give more information. In third session, Yousuf Sir learned us how we will select our mind mapping, our aim. We also do a group presentation. I think this program is very helpful for us to reach our destination. It also gives us a proper guideline. At a glance, this program will be successful when the students of DIU get the good job in the market. Varsity’s aim is that it will want to see that one graduate’s of DIU will work as a first class officer at every Thana by 2020.

Name: Jannatul Ferdous
ID: 111-10-679
Reg: 068
Department: English
Email: jannatul10-679@diu.edu.bd
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »
This is 21st Century,
2012. The world is moving fastest than faster. I
would like to thank: Syed Mizanur Rahman-Coordinator of Career
Development Center(DIU); Mr. Md. Sabur Khan-Honorable Chairman, Board
of trustee, Daffodil International University; Dr. Yousuf M. Islam,
Executive Director-HRDI, DIU; Mr. Mohammad Shibli Shahriar, Assistant
Professor of Daffodil International University and other all people
who were related to arrange such
a dynamic, conversant and grooming
session.

The first eye catching matter of this session was Our Honorable
Chairman, BOT (DIU) Mr. Md. Sabur Khan. His self-participation in the
2 parts of the session, taken by him. The 1st part taken by Syed
Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator-CDC. The 1st part was one of the very
informative and practical  learning session among the 4 parts. From
this part I have learnt team working, decision making capability,
positive thinkings toward any task, providing importance in any task
with honesty, confidence and hardworking. And foolishness is better
than cunning like fox.

The 2nd session taken by Honorable, Md. Sabur khan. He is an one of
the persons of most active, knowledgeable and hardworking. Actually he
took 2 sessions and I learnt most from his sessions like be positive
in any work, more concern any work, planning, preparation, control,
tolerance, ego, technology, utilization of time in proper ways, self
motivation, reference, approach, attitude, smartness, hard working,
honesty, politeness, how to learning, how to say sorry, how to act and
answers in interview board. And many other things also.

The 3rd session taken by Dr. Yousuf M. Islam, Executive Director-HRDI,
DIU. From his session I learnt mind mapping, team working, creativity,
showing confidence, making target, providing gratitude, how is
possible, what is possible, skillfulness and above a stunning session.

Regarding, all sessions of this workshop, I just want to say every
year this type long day (9 am. to 6.50 pm)  workshop is should
arranged so that students can teach how to adjust to the work place,
act in this environment. Moreover student can learn  many informative,
knowledgeable, practical learning and grooming lessons.

Thank You.

Jannatul Ferdousi

ID: 091-11-724
22nd Batch
BBA Program
Daffodil International University.
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 01:10:43 PM »

Description:

At first I would like to give a lot of thanks from deep of my mind to DIU authority to arrange such a kind of program. This kind of career related programs are very helpful for students in the professional life. Like others I have also facilitated from this event from many ways. This event was segmented into various session from different persons. They have given emphasize on different aspects related to professional life.

Event's first session was conducted by Syed Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator CDC, about time management, team performance, motivation, decision making in different circumstances and so on. From this session I have learned how to manage a team, take effective decisions in different situations and develop career in professional life.

Next session was on career management, facing viva board, CV writing tips, self confidence build up, way to showing skills, how to ensure promotion in job etc. This session was conducted by our Chairman Mr. Md. Sabur Khan. From this session I have learned different skills that is mentioned above that will be very much helpful in our practical life.

From the third session i have learned how to build up a mind map to complete a task successfully that was taken by Dr. Yousuf M Islam, Executive Director - HRD, DIU.

At the end of grooming  session DIU chairman  Mr. Md. Sabur Khan explain different tips on how to be a successful man in the professional life and answer different question asked by students and so on . From where really i have learned how to make a successful professional life.

Basically it was a long day workshop and broadly described grooming session that has a great impact in the real life to build up a successful career although i have mentioned above  a concise view of the workshop.

Name :                Kamrul Hasan

Student ID :          093-11-1262

Registration ID :    005

Contact Number :  01729413826
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »

At first, we start our orientation session which was guided by Syed Mizanur Rahman. That helped us to warm-up our selves by doing some specified activities as well as norms and behaviors identification.

Afterward, honorable chairman Mr. Sabur Khan (BoT-DIU) delivered his speech regarding to improve our career management with slideshows and through some practical instances. From that second session of “DIU Students Grooming and Talent Hunt, 2012” we have derived corporate world’s circumstances that we have to face in near future. That sensible speech includes from perfect steps at success target, positive approach to ego controlling. So, we can easily distinguish our position with competent person for profession.

Thirdly, at the next session of mind mapping was shown by Dr. Yousuf M Islam (Executive Director-HRDI, DIU) for targeting three specific careers in our career path for succession. That mind mapping not only for career targeting but also to apply at any challenging or problem work solution in our existence.

Moreover, Md. Shibli Shahriar subsequently added inspirational session that “how we can sell ourselves?”  So from him we have understood why company or organization will pick me? As well as what skills and competences we have to add value at their organization in selective aspect.

Finally, I strongly believe that the most effective session we have had through honorable chairman Mr. Sabur Khan (BoT-DIU) that is questioner session. Where chairman sir made open conversation with students, why candidates are lacked to get a job? Nevertheless, which point of view placing them at behind from others successful candidates?  That practical oriented session has figured out our candidates negative approaches at real life job interview and its solutions and remedies in a short session.

In the conclusion, I tend to think that several segments had taken place at “DIU Students Grooming and Talent Hunt, 2012”, although, every session had similar objective how to survive at job market. Since, we are going to face our job interviews and getting desirable position in an organization.

Name: Kelement Setu Mondal
Student ID: 092-11-1103
Registration ID: 007
DIU email: setu_1103@diu.edu.bd
Contact No.: 01714245519
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 01:14:51 PM »

Description:

Today I spent a very good time by attending the Workshop, which was held in DIU auditorium. Here we learnt many valuable things which will help us to get better work & also help us to make our future brighter.

Session of Raju Sir:

Raju sir is very funny but effective man. He taught us in a funny way. He taught us many simple things but not negligible. In his session he gave us group work & also took single exam. The points of view of Raju sir’s lecture is pointing out below------

•    Do not do anything by seeing,
•   Make yourself smart,
•    Do not be clever; be a intelligent person,
•    Speak in loud voice,
•    Avoid unnecessary movements of the body part
•    Always in conscious mind etc.

Session of Sabur Khan Sir:

“Sabur khan” our honorable chairman of DIU was also giving lecture. The points of view of Sabur khan’s lecture
is pointing out below------
•    Make your future plan,
•    Using internet enable mobile to connect the world,
•    Properly utilize the time,
•    Completing the task as early as possible,
•    Always be honest,
•    Dressed well,
•    Moving forward step by step; starting from the low position,
•   Try to be a honest business man,
•   Join the first job to prove myself etc.

Session of Yousuf Sir:

Yousuf sir is the honorable executive director-HRDI of DIU. He taught us about mind mapping. In his session we made a group & drew a mind map. This mapping helps us to find our future plan, how to implement them, the obstacles we may face, our skills etc. At least we changed our map with another group & then we discussed about each other works. After that we were self evaluating ourselves.

Session of Shibli Sir:

Our next session was with Shibli Sir who taught us how we can be a successful man. The points of view of Shibli sir’s lecture is pointing out below------
•   At first be happy, then enjoy the work & finally we will be succeeded,
•    Always dream big,
•    Take the first opportunity we will get in the job life,
•    Change our mind into that “we can do”
•    Follow a man who is successful now,
•    Try to be a different, distinguished person etc.
In this session Sabur Sir came again & inspired us all. He also gave answers of our questions.

The whole day I enjoyed very much & this day is one of the memorable days of my life. This workshop was the guideline of our future life.

Name: Mainul Morshed
ID      : 091-23-1194
Registration ID: 018
Dept: Textile Engineering.

----------X----------

01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
DIU Students Career Grooming and Talent Hunt’2012

Feedback

Today I have joined this day-long workshop. I was present from beginning to end. This workshop was scheduled different session and I enjoyed all the session very much. After completing this workshop, I want to say, I have learned a lot which would be more important for our career as well as our life. Now, I give my feedback about this workshop.       
Registration: At 9.00 am our registration process started. After that we entered the Auditorium and took our seat. DIU given us a diary and coupon .

Session by Syed Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator CDC

He delivered his speech and taught us how to develop our skill. He has given some idea about skill development. He focused this major things what we should be developed.

   Grow up our concentration
   Self-Confidence
   Emotional growth body language and personality
   Presentation skills anywhere
   Impression management, who am I and how people know me.
   Group working
   Creating story. Knowing self & surroundings for writing a gorgeous personal history.
   Discipline and personal behavior.
After this session we got a short break for refreshment.

Session by Mr. Md. Sabur Khan, Honorable Chairman BOT-DIU

In this session I learnt a lot. It was very effective session. Sir given us idea about most essential skills which we have to gain for 21st century survival. I have got a clear idea about our career. Major points that was focused by chairman sir.

   Becoming out of Box
   Be polite and humble in attitude
   Planning and thinking
   Fix destination step by step
   Developing our leadership skill
   Positive thinking then knowing
   Motivation
   Transforming failure into success
   Proper utilize traffic jam
   Developing skills by using technology
   Gratitude to Almighty, to family, to surroundings
   Develop our communication skill

Finally asking question and answering session. He also encouraged us to ask question. Sir answered the entire question and gave us instruction what we have to do.

Session By Dr. Yusuf M Islam, Executive director HRDI,DIU

In this session I came to know how we have to mind mapping which is very essential in our life and living. It was also very essential session. We also had done our team work. The theme which I have learnt in this session
   How to be happy
   What should be our target?
   What is obstacle?
   Mind mapping
   He divided us into different group and we have done our group work.

Session by Shibly sir

In this session I learnt how to be successful man. He focused we should be passionate, have high dream, visualization power, how to be a extra-ordinary a smart guy.

Last session by Chairman Sir

In this last session chairman again taught us Interview technique, how to be a happy and smart guy, How to develop our impression management – what kind of skill I have, what should be our mind mapping, and finally asking question answering session.
In the above mentioned feedback about DIU student’s career grooming and talent hunt, I can share my achievement which I have gained in this workshop. I didn’t know how they evaluate me? It may be the team found some skill or not. But the approach, the skill, the confidence, the attitude which I have learnt today it obviously very essential for me to build up my career as well as my lifeline. In the long run I can say it was a very essential and important workshop for students. That’s all about my feedback.

Name: Md.Mehedi Hassan
ID: 101-10-560
Email: mehedi_560@diu.edu.bd
Mobile number: 01710002798

01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
DIU Student Grooming and Talent Hunt

‘DIU Student Grooming and Talent Hunt’ program was a special program in my life. It was 2nd June 2012 and started at morning 9 o’clock. At First Syed Mizanur Rahman, Coordinator of CDC has started the program. He started with fun and interesting stories and shared a lot of experiences. He gave us some special tips to be confident enough and to be brave to accommodate for the world jobs and businesses. His wonder method of speaking and extraordinary look for attracting audiences inspired to be humble and maintains common values, custom and social norms with gentle behave. In the program he was the man who at first gave us ideas how to accomplish group work with better performance. In this interesting session we were so busy by lots of interesting things and the first session ended unknowingly at 11:30. At 11:30 we got a break for 15 minutes. After the break our honorable Chairman sir Mr. Md. Sabur Khan came before us. We were so much delighted to see our chairman sir. He started to deliver his valuable speech before us. He told us so many important things those were very important to lead our practical life to get proper job or to run a personal business successfully. He told us we need confidence, honesty, future ambition and mind mapping. Firstly, we need to be brave enough to get any job. For this we need more study and talent to be successful, he said. He exhibited so many images by projector and told a lot to become a proud, honest and successful person. He also told about religion what gives people strength and power to be cool, to be honest and to be successful. We enjoyed the session very much. After this session we got a lunch and prayer break for 45 minutes. After the break, next session started by Executive Director of DIU Dr. Yousuf M Islam. Dr. Yousuf M Islam gave us the idea how to map our mind and how to map our future. Very talented person M Islam who practically made us understands how to become successful in life. At 4:30 we got a tea break for 15 minutes. After the tea break our honorable chairman sir Mr. Md. Sabur Khan came again with interesting things. He showed a note one thousand taka and told us who would be the owner of the note. Maximum audiences raised their hand to become owner but none of them went to take the note. At last Mr. Sabur Khan told us to make us understand that you all have desire to become owner of the note but you all did not work for that. So, you all are looser. Like that you need to work hard to fix up your destiny, he said. I like that very much. Later on Mr. Sabur Khan told us a lot of things. After that Session by Mr. Md. Sabur Khan ended at 5:30pm. Then Dr. Yousuf M Islam and the team came again and gave us task to map our future plan. After planning our future he tasted us all and gave us feedback. At 6:00pm the program was ended. The program was whole day long but none of the audience was bored. All of the audiences were enjoyed and gathered a lot of information for practical life. I am thankful to Mr. Md. Sabur Khan and CDC Team to invite me and arrange a beautiful and effective Student Grooming and Talent Hunt program. 

Md. Akhter Hossain
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 01:24:52 PM »
An  Assignment
on
DIU Students Grooming Session & Talent Hunt 2012

Submitted by:
Md. Fazlul Hoque
ID: 010  Admin. Officer (Applicant)
DIU E-mail: Fazlul@daffodilvarsity.com
Another E-mail: fh_fazlul83@yahoo.com
Mobile: 01716818883

At first I would like to convey my veneration to our honorable Chairman of our University for giving me the  chance to attend DIU Students Grooming & Talent Hunt. It is a unique opportunity to learn how to face interview before viva board. Having done this workshop I learned many things. First of all, it is undoubtedly good for us. I can mention that; if a man wants to be successful in his life he has to have honesty, industry & patience. Secondly I’ve learned &believed, everything depends on presents tense. We can’t make the most of tomorrow without making the most of today first. We can change our tomorrow by changing our today. That does mean, make the best of now. Thirdly I’ve understood from Syed Mizanur Rahman Raju sir that unity is most important among the employee. He also told about motivation & taught how to motivate the people & make unity among the employee.

The speech of Chairman  sir was extream exceptional important to develop our career. We’ve learned what we will do till enter to exist of an interview. He taught us how to make a salam before honorable person in interview board, how we will start conversation with them, what will be our conversation, how we will get a good result. He has also taught us what will be our attitude to another person in different situation.

Dr. Yousuf M Islam sir taught us practically how we can build up our career. He has given the some technique to be happy and lead a peaceful life, what will be our attitude in different situation, how we can convince one etc. He taught us to find out  positive & negative sides of a career, how to present a diagram to another party.

I don’t know, in future won’t I get the opportunity to attend this kind of Workshop ? Because I have already had graduation & post-graduation from the University. But as a former student I think if the process be continued, it will be better for developing University & it’s students.
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

Description

Session 1: Syed Mizanur Rahman,

One sentence which was very touchy to me “Sometimes I love to lose but it does not mean that I have no capability to win” by Nirmolendo goon. By this sentence our beloved Raju sir wanted to say, be polite and positive in your work. He also pointed out that many of us can’t take decisions immediately and leaves a cause. For example, “one employer said, we are offering you a job but your posting will be in Chittagong, so the candidate may show confusion and may say I need to consult with my mom”.
One another learning is that, we hear several instructions but we just follow whatever we see, no matter what was instructed. It may seem a silly problem but it may cause a big loss.
There was also stage performance of five teams with different unique issues which we face in our life. Here we have learnt about group work, decision making & creativity.

Session 2: Mr. Md. Sabur Khan, Chairman, Board of trustees

The conversation of our honorable chairman sir was really out of box. He has very talent showed how to utilize our hidden creativities. Lifestyle is related with future and we must maintain planned guidelines for our career.  We must be well conversant in using technology. Time management is very essential in the 21st century as the world is moving very fast. An example sir used, “I enjoy the traffic jam of our city because I can finish my pending tasks with the help of technology while facing traffic jam”.
I have learned that success comes from hard work, honesty and confidence. No matter whether I am In a small position, but if I can show my creativity and hard work the success will come.
He also insisted, be positive and confident about yourself. You should find out your selling point. Whenever you are going for Job, you must know and capable to answer, why should the hire you?

Session 3: Mind Mapping (Professor Dr. Yousuf M. Islam)

This session was really very fantastic. Several groups were formed and asked to prepare a mind mapping on how to become happy? The mapping was like that,
1.   First we set up a target that is (success in life)
2.   How it will come? There were several factors, like self and skill development, positive attitudes, confidence, high tolerance, hard working with honesty, time management, use of technology.
3.   What are the obstacles? We find out three problems such as, personal, social & financial obstacles.
4.   Gratitude? Self actualization, thankful to almighty allah, greatful to parents & self Motivation.
After whole day grooming session, I have learned several things which will be very helpful to prepare my career guideline. From this session, I have found out some of my lacking and I will be trying to solve it and I am now confident that I can do something best.

Name: Md. Habibur Rahman
Student ID: 091-11-742
Registration ID: 002
Email: Habibur_742@diu.edu.bd
Contact Number: 01923494689
01811-458850