Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog

Author Topic: Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog  (Read 17024 times)

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Daffodil International University
Re: Career Grooming & Talent Hunt: Discussion Blog
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 01:28:58 PM »

Comments:

Yesterday's program was really a good initiative by the authority I should say. because many unknown think i just Learn from there. which will show me to chose  the enlighten way in future and help me to fixed a good dream goal. again i would like to give a warmest and wonderful thanks to the authority and chairman to arrange this types of progressive event.

Thanking You.

Name: Md. Imdadullah Siddiquee
Dept. : JMC
Stu. Id. No: 091-24-160
Program Id No by CDC: 029
Md. Abdullah-Al-Mamun (Badshah)
Senior Assistant Director
Daffodil International University
01811-458850
cmoffice@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

www.fb.com/badshahmamun.ju
www.linkedin.com/in/badshahmamun
www.twitter.com/badshahmamun

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 01:31:43 PM »
DIU Students Grooming Session & Talent Hunt, 2012

My blog post

The most common cry for help we hear is: "We don't know what career we want to do!" Our Careers Service can help us to make this important decision Choosing our career or course for further study is a big decision, affecting our future happiness. We can only make an informed decision if we have an accurate idea of the options open to us. We can help by guiding us and suggesting sources; however, we have to do the research for ourselves.
Some jobs require specific skills, such as IT. However, we can develop general skills that will make us an attractive prospect for any graduate career.

Key skills-

•   Teamwork and leadership.
•   Written communication.
•   Interpersonal communication.
•   Problem solving.
•   Numeracy.
•   Networking.
•   Initiative.
•   Planning and organization.
•   Adaptability and flexibility.
•   Computer literacy.
•   Time management.

Increasingly graduates are starting their own business as their chosen career path, rather than pursuing the traditional graduate recruitment job, perhaps seeing self-employment as a more flexible way to live and earn. One of the keys to success is creating our enterprising streak - thinking creatively, using our initiative and making the most of opportunities to learn and develop new skills. If we want to start our own business in the future, we should consider working for a small business.
Interview is simply an imperfect form of human communication designed to increase the predictive validity of potential employer-employee relationships. No matter where we went to school, no matter what our GPA is, no matter how much experience we have, no matter whom we know--if we aren't able to interview successfully, we won't get the job. Following are some insights designed to help you successfully interview and get the job we want our objective in every interview should be to take ourselves one step further toward generating the job offer. We can do that by doing our very best in each and every interview. Treat every interview as if it were the only one we will ever get with that company and our only opportunity to convince them that we are the right candidate for the position. Although there may be several interviews before the eventual offer, we must score positively in each interview.
Before you go through an actual interview, we should first go through a mock interview. The mock interview is more than just a chance to work out our interview jitters. It is an opportunity to practice our interviewing technique and answers live. It is also a chance to hear constructive feedback from someone who can guide us toward improving our interviewing style and presentation
One critical aspect of job search preparation that can truly set us apart is employer research. Employer research is what brings us together and keeps us together with those who have the power and authority to potentially offer our first position. Employer research serves a dual purpose. First, we will need to identify and target specific hiring companies in our job search. Second, we will need to gather detailed information about each target employer in order to be adequately prepared for making direct contact. While the research guides provide the basic information that will give us a broad overview, it is the detailed information that will set us apart from the crowd.

Facts to Gather Before Interviewing-

•   Key people in the organization
•   Major products or services
•   Size in terms of sales and employees
•   Locations other than our community
•   Organizational structure of the company
•   Major competitors
•   View of the company by clients, suppliers, and competition
•   Latest news reports on the company or on local or national news that affects the company.

Many interviews fail because of lack of proper communication. But communication is more than just what we say. Often it is the nonverbal communication that we are least aware of, yet speaks the loudest. Following are the top five nonverbal, ranked in order of importance, when it comes to interviewing:

•   Eye Contact
•   Facial Expressions
•   Posture
•   Gestures
•   Confidence
•   Nervousness
In that first five minutes of the interview, I will have noted many critical aspects.
•   Our appearance
•   Our grooming
•   Our handshake
•   Our personal presence
•   Our eye contact
•   Our articulation
•   And, most importantly, our personality
Notice that I did not mention anything about our coursework, our GPA, or our work experience. That is what got us to the interview in the first place. But it is the "soft factors" that will take us to the next level.

10 Steps to a Successful Interview-

•   Arrive on time.
•   Introduce ourselves in a courteous manner.
•   Read company materials while we wait.
•   Have a firm handshake.
•   Listen.
•   Use body language to show interest.
•   Smile and give nonverbal feedback to the interviewer.
•   Ask about the next step in the process.
•   Thank the interviewer.
•   Write a thank-you letter to anyone you have spoken to.

Other capabilities that you must have-

•   We should love criticism.
•   Always think positive.
•   Try to help people.
•   Leadership ability.
•   Time concern.
•   Clear and loud speaking ability.
•   Maintain a career guide book.
•   Set the destination.
•   High tolerance level.
•   Ability to take responsibility.
•   Aspiration to build up a career showing superior performance.
•   Hard working, sincere and eager to learn.
•   Strong desire to achieve results.
•   Strong desire of leading an honest life with dignity.

Name: Md. Imran Jubaed Khan
ID: 092-11-1115
Department: BBA
Email: imran_1115@diu.edu.bd
Contact Number: 01715400270
Registration Number: 064
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »

At first I would like to thanks to Daffodil International University for that they give me chance to participate the program “DIU Students Grooming Session & Talent Hunt 2012” .In this program I attained   all the session which was started at 9:00 am & ended at 6:00 pm. From this program I am able to learn so many things which are very much important to build up my career best. From 1st session I can learn how to evaluate myself. I can learn that clear and loud speaking, avoiding fear is part to become a successful person. If I am committed and confident to my work I can do everything, Mr.Syed Mizanur Rahman sir try to prove by arraigning certain group performance. He tries to find out lacking about performance and give us tips how to reduce it.

From the 2nd session by Mr. Sabur Khan, honorable Chairman, BoT- DIU, I can gathered knowledge a lot. He gives us lecture about how we can represent ourselves to the interview board and make sure them I am the best option to do this work. I’ve to impress them and bound them for picked up me. From his lecture I am able to know how I can get a job and how I can raise my position at best .he teach us that “not to find job only find work”. I learn how I can build human relationship and get success.  By help other a man never be a loser, I must be a gainer if I have helping mentality. I can learn about proper implementation of time, now I know well how I can implement my time when I am in traffic- jam. He teaches us always taking more work and tries to finish it on time. And always say YES to boss about getting work, never said “no & I can’t do this work” boss. Self-evaluation, self- motivation is must for become a good entrepreneur. I have to prove me that I am the best / perfect. I have tried proper implementation of my talent. In this session finally I learn how can I’ll be a good leader.

From the 3rd session by Dr. Yousuf M Islam, Executive Director- HRDI, DIU. I can learn so much practical thighs like poster show, create group, and perform at a group.  I learn how to face challenge in do work. Quick decision making is a ability of a good and successful person. How to target a goal and for achieving that how, skill, obstacle, and gratitude of target a goal.
From the final session I able to know that any job is better than no job, employment is better than unemployment. And always believes myself that I can do it.  Luck is fixed but work is available, just need to find out. And always try to make friendship at a same level and that person who is better than me.

Finally I want to say that this program make me confident about my skill I have , now I am starting to belief that why I can’t do anything, I try to fill up my lacking and improve myself for future activities this program help me find out new  kamruzzaman who have a positive thinking  and confidence about himself and be honest with himself. This program is truly effective & necessary for betterment of my career.

Name: Md. Kamruzzaman    
ID#  092-11-946
Department: BBA
Registration Number. : 075
Contact Number: 01927148040

01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 01:39:00 PM »

Blog Description

This program was really marvelous. I was so excited about this program. After attending this workshop I can realize my lackings. I can realize that in which sectors I should be improved. Thanks to Raju Sir for giving a lively presentation in the first session. Actually in my point of view the main obstacle towards our development is inertia. And Raju Sir always tries to pull us from this inertia.  I'll not forget his speech quoted from J.B. Shaw that ''you can’t find your life; you can create your life''. After his speech I spent some times in thinking that who  am I. But could not find any perfect answer. I'll try my level best to lead my life by his given tips. Then the second session was taken by  our honorable Chairman Sir. I got some opportunities to listen his speech but today I was speechless. How a man can be a multitalented, how a man can so successful by his own effort we can get the idea from him. From his speech I came to know that we should be aware about our works. We should be changed our view. We should look for works not for job. We the students don't want to start our career with a small job. By the speech of Sir we have to ignore this. We should start any job at first and then we will rise through our quality. We should develop our personality, gratitude. We should have faith on our own confidence. We have to be always ready for facing any kind of task. And the most important topic of his speech was 'technology'. If students are familiar and fluent in using technology then we will be welcomed for any kind of job as early as possible and he will definitely touch a higher position than the other ones. He gave some tricks to improve ourselves. After his speech he answered lots of questions of others. In a word if we can able to perform by his suggestion then we'll be able to obtain a good future. The third session was taken by Yousuf Sir. He was so fluent in his speech. Actually he gave some idea about mind mapping.  In his speech if we want to develop in our life then we should make a mind map and we should perform in a systematic way. Then he gave us a group work and told us to make a mind map about our future target. Then he made a change in two groups and told us to present the mind map to each groups. This session was really enjoyable. By this we learnt about group works, unity, increase our creativity, make a decision etc. The fourth session was taken by Shibli Shahriar Sir. He presented a presentation to us about our career. He suggested us that at first you should be happy then no works will be hard to ourselves, if we can maintain this then success will welcome us. He introduced with us some successful person who achieved success through hard work. At the last session Chairman Sir came again and gave more tips and suggestions and concluded the program.

If I criticize the program as a critic then I should say that it was a wonderful program. Helpful for the students to build up a strong base and improve their self confidence. I am very glad to be a part of this kind of program. I enjoyed as well as learnt so many things. And now I’ll try to use this in my life.

Thanks

Name: Md. Masud Parvaj
Student Id. : 101-10-586
Registration Id. : 90
DIU Mail: masud_586@diu.edu.bd
Contact Number: 01913-808126
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 01:41:44 PM »

Subject: DIU student grooming and talent hunt

First of all I would like to thanks CDC for arrangement such like a nice & effective program. From this student grooming session and talent hunt I am able to know about clear knowledge about my carrier.
There are some important thing I learned that would be helpful in my carrier.
To be success in carrier life   one man should give concentration the goal of carrier …….. First of all one man should fix a specific GOAL or destination of his or her carrier.
From today’s program I learn that some important thing as like
•       What is GOAL if my carrier?
•       What is my target in carrier?
•       
•       Why?
•       How?
•       Skills?
•       Obstruction?
•       Gratitude
Now after choose the GOAL of my carrier I should develop of my skills which require my carrier
Skills:
•       Nice presentation skill
•       Appropriate language skill
•       Hard worker
•       Knowledge about technology which require for our carrier ( I mean carrier related )
•       Friendly
•       Extrabold
Obstructions:
•       Leaking’s of technology
•       Low confidence
•         No knowledge about target
Another important thing is always be positive I again write Be positive in any situation.
Be cool in any situation.
Respect to criticize
Say sorry without any hesitation & with polite
And finally I have to be a confident person ……….. that means in my work I have to confidence & honesty
Without honesty one cannot get success for long time     
 Finally again I give lots of thanks with gleeful CDC and honorable teachers & specially our honorable chairman sir to give us vital advice for our carrier and real life.

Md. Morad Hossain

ID: 093-19-1144
Department: ETE
Contract: 01917933152
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »
First I would like to thanks to career development centre (CDC) to organize this type of workshop. Honestly I really enjoy it. A student who said I have nothing gathered experience from this workshop, then I’m sure that he/ she was not mentally attended on this workshop.

Actually I have learned about how to get a job. From this workshop I’ve also learned about me.

There are some valuable points discussed by our honorable guests Mr. Md. Sobur Khan and our course teacher.

Honorable chairman said some important point for getting a job and being a smart. I’m successfully set up some points in my mind. I am sharing some point related with job.

•   We should be self confidence.
•   We should set our goal.
•   Beginning is important in case of job. Whatever our salary is.
•   We should be positive.
•   We should love criticism.
•   We should take traffic jam as positive, because we can perform our some task during traffic jam.
•   We should be more passion.
•   We should control our ego.
•   Tolerate capability must be needed etc.

And there are many points related with the job. After that I have gathered some experience from our honorable teacher Dr. Yousuf M Islam. Before going anything, we should first select our target; otherwise we can’t overcome our goal. In that case mind setup is very much important.

If my target is to be a banker then, I should focus some points in my mind.

•   In which type of bank, I want to get a job.
•   What will be my position?
•   How can I get this designation which I want?
•   Which skill is needed?
•   Which obstacles may be I will focus.
•   What should be my gratitude? etc.

There are some other facts I knew from this workshop. I’m just sharing some important facts among those points. I belief that this will help for the each student, if we apply this in our practical life. So, at last I personally want to say that, this type of workshop should organize at least once per month.

Md. Moshiur Rahman
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »

Description:

Last day, I got some experience from an effective workshop,which
organised by our honorable Chairman Sir.
I find out my talent from three session which I enjoyed very much with
very attentively. Some of my talent I found after compliting this
workshop are given below:

Attitude Building
Strength of hard working with group members
Innovative
Mind mapping
Solving problems by group discussions
Skills Building
Planning
Target set up
Confidence

I think it will help me to achieve my further goal.

Name: Md. Ramzan Ali
Student ID: 091-19-1072
Registration ID: 001
DIU Email: ramzan_ali@diu.edu.bd
Contact number: 01914855488
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »

DIU Students Grooming Session and Talent Hunt, 2012
My feelings and preparation to conquer the goal of 21st century after workshop

When I resisted to the programme of DIU Students Grooming Session and Talent Hunt, 2012, I saw in my Registration Form a instruction“Appear and act in such a way as you are facing a job interview, from where you be picked for a lucrative career”. But I was fully determined according to message from our CDC which I got before night written on “You are selected for the workshop”. I became very excited that I got a chance to learn something because I believe and know that workshop means a study on a particular subject which delivers knowledge and experience by some genus and experienced particular persons. I took it deep interestingly that it must be helpful to me to arouse my sleeping and silent keen genus and also innovative or creative faculty of brilliance. I didn’t think for a little moment as to the matter of Talent Hunt on the time of running day long workshop because my heed, brain and intention were busy all time to learn and achieve some ideas, experience of the successful men like our Chairman sir to change myself differently in the 21st century utilizing those innovative ideas. I have a confidence on a sentence like “an idea can change your whole life”. After the completing the workshop I thanked to God and the organizers and also paid him to give me a chance so that I can use in my life at least only one innovative idea.

Inshallah; I will be able to overcome myself in the 21stcentury because from my childhood I didn’t get any guide so sincerely and closely without any fee to prepare myself for the 21st century. Actually this is the reason of my environment growing up. My birth is in a poor family. In my childhood I lost my father. No one was and is able or fit to support my family. From my class three I and my immediate elder brother who is a hard worker as to me, we are both supporting until now our family and my student life. I’ve a confidence that I’m a brilliant guy as if my education career is not so smart because of unbelievable remoteness of mine. Now I believe that I’m also a little bit successful man. I’ve come to Dhaka 2009 to change my fortune by the support of wishing of one hand that I'll be able to go my target. When I couldn’t make a successful result in my HSC, the neighbours and my all ignore relative family members of my humble and rustic village told me that you are fruitless (falto). My friends told me that you may be brilliant but you are not capable to study any university. Your student life can not be run anymore. But I insisted of them mentally that I must study a renowned university in any such way. But I felt nervous hideously thinking as to my family condition. Shortly I want to finish that applying my honesty and private critical knowledge different work fields; I’ve started to study this university. Now I have two businesses in Dhaka city. I’m running on my businesses, student life and family. To be establishing myself no one helped to me except to Allah and my mother’s word “I want to see you as a self-establish man”. She asked me that what you will do after your graduation before my university admission, I’ve replied to her job. She told me that don’t do job, work hard in any place and I want to see that one day before my death that you are providing many jobs. Be boss.

My mother’s words and yesterday workshop’s advices are very similar. Yes, obviously I also believe that “We can find our life, we can create our life. I feel very shame to take any reference in any matter so; I’m always determiner to create my life. When I took admission in this university I only follow Chairman Sir, Sabur khan because as a chandpur boy I only know him who are established in the list of big guns. From today I follow to him more and also them whom he follows. I want to be also a big gun. Oh! God helps me as I can succeed my mother’s dream that she is until now sacrificing her all happiness for me. From my before life I also can tell as our Chairman Sir that nothing is impossible

Though I want to be a big business man, I must work using my education under any institution only for justifying myself and show my friends and some family members that nothing is impossible. To do so things together with, it becomes difficult to maintain time segmentation for my study. Inshallah, I promise myself I will be more aware regarding time segmentation. I believe that life is not stopped and there is no end of it. I’ve born in a poor and broken family so what; I must reach my target and achieve the goal. Recently I thinked and asked all time that shall I be able?…but after the workshop I don’t want to remember that thinking. Now I determine to my mind and soul if Warren Buffet and Bill Gates and Steve Jobs can fill up their vision, mission and target, inshallah I also can be able to do as them, as I’m a hard worker. I’ll complete my BCS, as though I don’t intend to take this professionally because nothing is impossible. My university friends and people think I’m a rich man, now I think I’ll be rich to stand myself mentally for 21st century. I don’t know why, but my target is one. Pray to me.

My life is struggle life, now I think it is a wonderful life, tasty life.

Creatively yours

Md. Sahin Khan

Id: 101-10-575
Department of English
Cell: 01758895671

01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
Subject: - DIU Student Career Grooming and Talent Hunt

My Observation about “DIU Student Career Grooming and Talent Hunt” workshop.

Everybody have some dreams in their life. But fulfill a dream a man
needs a proper guideline. Without proper guideline most of time it is
not possible for someone to gets success. When I was admitted in
Daffodil International University I have lots of dream. Still I have a
dream to work in an embassy. But when I search for a job I find it is
very difficult. I have found that only institutional education is not
necessary for a student to get a job. If one really wants to go a
higher position he/she needs some other qualifications. Previously I
know little about it. But after joining the workshop named “DIU
Student Career Grooming and Talent Hunt”, then I really feel I can do
something.  Through that day long program I learn how to become
success in life. Now it is my duty to utilize what I have learnt.

When at first I know about that workshop I really feel
confused about it. Because as the title talents hunt I got confused.
However I always have some positive attitude. When I know about the
schedule of the workshop and the supervisor I again got nervous. But
the very first session took away my nervous. Then I really enjoyed
every session and now I really think that I have learnt something
which is very essential in my life.

The first session was conducted by Syed Mizanur Rahman.

In this session I am clear about the purpose of this workshop. Through
this session I have learnt how to behave in a formal situation. We all
participant in this session actually filed relived. Group work, story
making through all students made this session more enjoyable to all
the participants.

The second session is conducted by our honorable chairman
Mr. Md. Sabur Khan.
Our honorable chairman advice us various things.
The most important thing is he uses practical examples. He also
discuss about how to start a business and the process of starting a
business. Through his conversation he emphasized how one can be groom
up oneself.

The third session was conducted by Dr. Yousuf M Islam.

Through his session we learn how to become a successful person by
proper planning. In this session he did not give a brief lecture.
Rather he imposed us for a mind mapping game which is very helpful to
all of us.

The last session was conducted by Shibil Sir
. Through his
PowerPoint presentation I learnt again how to become a success not
only in job life but also in our real life. Than our honorable
chairman sir make our his final statement. He again emphasized that we
can actually change ourselves.  If we don’t try their efforts become
failure.

Name: - Md. Samir Sakir Khandaker
Student ID: - 082-10-458
Registration ID: - 012
DIU E-mail:- samir_08@diu.edu.bd
Contact Number: - 01674725137
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 03:22:00 PM »

Dear sir

This program introduced a new dimension to the students of Daffodil
International University.I was a student of Dhanmondi Govt' Boy's High
School and Rifles Pubic College.I did not felt good after admission to
DIU but after this program I learn many things after which I did not think
before .Now am filling proud to be a student of DIU.I have worked with
National and International University.I am very proud to get Our chairman
sir in this program.I like his all tips to build up a good Career in the
future.

We need a good Campus with stain able Eco building .We should use the
natural air and natural light to reduce the consumption of electricity.We
have set up Air Condition but we know we are going to face huge electricity
problem in our future.So I suggest to concern people to think about modern
Eco technology to buildup our new campus.

Another thing I should mention that we need a a biggest computer lab.I
found that we can not access to Facebook on our lab.But I want to give you
a suggestion we can use Facebook in a positive way.I have participated
different competition which news I got from Facebook.

So Facebook can be a good platform to our student to made them skilled and
competitive with the mordern world.

Last month we found some of students attended Akhoni.com competition and I
promote to vote for DIU on facebook but matter of sorrow that at that time
I found huge students who did not vote because of unable to acsess to
Facebook from our computer lab.

Name:Md. Tofazzal Alam
Student ID:121-15-1760
Program:B.Sc in CSE
Registration No:039
Contract No:01761419581
Email:  tofazzal15-1760@diu.edu.bd
           tofa.alam@byei.org
           tofa_alam@yahoo.com.
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 03:43:22 PM »

My Description about the Workshop

At first,I want to thanks my Universities honorable Chairman,Teachers And all of the Authorities Who are directly & indirectly related with this Workshop program.From this program,I am gathering more experience & knowledge.Firstly,I gathered how to make a perfect decision in a short time & i learn about how to present myself in future in the corporate level.Previously,i did not joined any workshop but it is the first opportunities for me to join this important workshop and i learn lots of experience through the team work activities & teachers guideline.Because our workshop environment task was full of practical.Secondly,our honorable chairman says to me how to be a successful person & by which way how i can reach in the top level in an organization.Thirdly,our teachers teaches us me how to create a mind mapping & how to apply in our real life.He says to me, when i apply mind mapping in correct way then my life is full of discipline.At last i can say that,student career grooming and talent hunt program is very effective all of the students because students know how to take a challenge and how to cope up with the corporate environment.     

Name:Md.Abdul Awal

Student ID:093-11-1179

Registration ID:035

DIU E-Mail: info@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Contact Number:01749-180671
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »
Learning from the Seminar

From the very beginning of the Seminar Raju Sir gives us some tips about our daily life. He guided us how to achieve success in life and also how to give more concentration in life. It was very enjoyable part for each and everyone in the Seminar. Sometimes he makes debates and competition for the audience. This was also very attractive for the audience. This makes the audience wake up. He also created story by the first person to last person of the audience and it was remarkable.  And everybody participated in that story and get some confidence also.

2nd session was very exciting and was very memorable for all the members of the seminar and it was honorable Chairman, Mr. Sabur Khan’s Session. He gives us a lot of time and shared a lot of experience with us. There was various part in his lecture. And the main part of his lecture was building confidence. According to him confidence is very important for each and everybody in any stage of life. Without confidence it is difficult to success in life. By anyhow we need to build up this confidence. He told us a lot things and a lot of story and we heard those story as experience. He also told us how to face VIVA board. This was also very satisfactory learning point. Finally he asked questions and reply from us and also gave answer of those questions. It was really a attractive session for all the members of the Seminar.

Then we learnt about mind planning. This was awesome. This was absolutely a new concept for all of us. Mind planning means to set the target and also plan how to achieve the targets and find out if there is any obstacles in achieving targets and what sort of obstacles and also how we overcome those barriers. This is actually mind planning. And I think it will be very much helpful for me in near future.

In the break Authority arranged lunch for us and also gave us snacks at evening hour. That was also very fantastic. This is all about the

Name : Mir Md. Ehsanul Haque
Reg. ID : 019
Cell : 01674548930
01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 03:48:02 PM »
My Blog / Description

Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to special thanks to our honorable Chairman  Md. Sabur Khan, Mr. Syed Mizanur Rahaman, Md. Shibli Shahriar, Md. Yousuf Islam and his team for organizing and successful completion of "DIU Student Career Grooming & Talent Hunt"  program. I would also like to thanks them for giving me opportunities to participate in this program. I think this type of seminar is very helpful to develop our career planning. From this program I have learned many things as follows:

01. Be honest, honesty is the best policy to reach my destination.
02. Never forget pray to almighty Allah to be successful.
03. Never try to be cleaver. That means, which work is not done by me, never try to prove that work is done by me.
04. Always try to be expose my intelligence.
05. Winner never be quit, always try to solve the problems and be positive. As I want to be winner in my career, I need to absorb
      this criteria.
06. I've learned, I have to loose sometimes to be happy others.
07. Always try to help others for getting benefits or social welfare.
08. To be successful in career, always try to get works, not jobs and have to love to do work.
09. To be success in today's world, have to cope with latest required technology. For example, use of internet supported mobile
      phone, browsing internet through it, familiar with Office Application Software, use of E-mail, post of my feelings and reading
      others' feelings on Forum etc.
10. Style of approach, it represents, how can i convince to my employer and others.
11. Ego & tolerance, I have to behave proper manner with the people and have to increase my tolerance power to be successful.
12. Have to increase my social network.
13. Have to learn "Say Sorry" politely, as it is a skill of a human.
14. Don't be shy, raise up voice and learn how to participate and contribute in a team.
15. Before going to face an interview, I should go with well dress-up, reach in time or 15 minutes before the interview time. Have to
      do homework about that organization, by visiting them or going through their web site and find out their problems, try to solve
      their problems or how can I contribute to develop their problems, have to describe. If I fail to get job, I have to say that thank
      you sir, I have learned many things from this interview. Besides, before going to handshake have to be careful that my hands
      are sweating or not and take care about my body whether bad smell coming or not from it and so on.
16. For fresh graduate don't bother about the salary, try to prove myself I am the right person for that position.
17. Should use references in CV who knows my details.
18. To reach upper level as quickly as possible, I should absorb any position of any organization, try to follow the instructions and
      try complete given tasks within half an hour to two hours and tell supervisor what tasks are giving it is completed in a short
      time. please give me more works to do. By doing that way I can be able to attract upper management.
19. Practice man makes perfect and have to be intention to be success.
20. To Be happy in life should be set up a "Mind Map" as follows:
      a) Target: I want to be happy or good man
      b) How: Offering honesty, through dedication, maintaining discipline etc.
      c) Skills: Working under pressure, motivating people, proper time management, proper use of technology and so on.
      d) Obstacles: Introvert, misuse of technology ( too much talking on mobile phone, spending too much time for chatting
                            through internet), etc.
     e) Gratitude: To almighty Allah, To my teachers parents and who help me.

Thank You.

Name                  : Mohammed Abdul Awal
Student ID          : 121-14-674 (MBA)
Registration ID   : 020
DIU E-mail          : awal14-674@diu.edu.bd
Contact Number : 01816-923010

01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 03:55:01 PM »

Topic: DIU Student Career Grooming and Talent Hunt –Participant’s Feedback

The objective of the workshop session is to ensure the right kind of career path for new students and proper grooming for the startup of their career. Different variables were being discussed regarding the issue by the presenters.

The workshop started up with the brilliant presentation by Mr.Mizanur Rahman which focused on group building. Through different interactive exercises among the participants he tried to focus on group building, coherence and more elaborately on group cohesion. It was established that synergy is the most influential factor for group building and other three variables worked as stimulators to group activities.

The second presenter was Dr. Yusuf M Islam .He focused on various aspects of Career Planning .The discussion was an enriching and enlightened one which will work as a true guideline for a good career seeker.

Last but not the least the true inspiration has come across through the brilliant delivery of the Honorable chairperson of the university Mr. Sabur Khan. He covered many variables for personality and attitude building and for Career management with different aspects.

Such as:

•   Building and Nurturing Personality
•   Life Style and Future career planning to get proper focus on Job responsibility
•   Time Management –To take care of every sphere of time even in the Traffic Jam we should utilize the time by doing some peripheral tasks.
•   Step by Step career planning
•   Fine Presentation for Personal and Job related Skills
•   Be confident and well motivated in each and every task related issues
•   Grooming is essential to avoid some bad habit like murmuring, nose sniffing etc
•   Always we have to have positive attitude which we have to attain through practice and from firm belief in our lifestyle
•   Strong determination

He cited the examples of many successful person like warren buffet who rather achieved their goals through Hard work and self actualization. Nothing is impossible in the world.

There is a Chinese Wise Saying –“Yesterday is History, Tomorrow in Mystery but today is gift. That is why it is called Present” For a better today and to convert it to a better future  we have to cherish all the learning from the excellent workshop.This kind of more workshop will make us aspirant and successful in our future career.

Participant Name:  Ms.Masuma Bilkis
Student ID :           Ex 032-14-157 (MBA –Regular)
Reg ID :                 041

01811-458850

Offline Badshah Mamun

• Administrator