How you will develop the concept of satellite city

Author Topic: How you will develop the concept of satellite city  (Read 10482 times)

Offline kafi

• View Profile
How you will develop the concept of satellite city
« on: April 06, 2010, 05:43:26 PM »
Dear Student

I do appreciate your conceptual thinking and have huge opportunity to work of BRE student in this area. Satellite city have  different approaches and methodological definitions specially made on the basis of planning, architectural design, land use planning and development, land availability and land procurement management  etc. For to know I just express some relevant point for theoretical concept development and then step by step I will clear your quarry; 

First Step:

What is satellite city  and how you will develop your concept.

In the present era demographic pressure becoming too high especially developing country like us. If you see our present demographic condition is unsteadiness and its influence gone to city residential area showing huge scarcity of proper urbanization.  It is the principle of every man to need at least accommodation facilities to lead their life with minimum congenial surrounding environment. Recently urban planner and Govt. thought this vital issues and given more emphasize how to control valuable urban land and ensure the cluster city with all facilities. Every day we have destroyed our usable land and build our residence without any planning that is really harmful for our country and as well as human being. In the coming days we will face tremendous problem for effective visualization in Dhaka city. Recently we are facing server traffic jam and acquit shortage of accommodation only because we don’t have any proper plane for projected city area. Many countries of the world thinking about this concept specially whose population is too high  in the near future we should be adopt this concept and implement it other wise we don’t have any  vacant land where we will see our vision and prospective development So satellite town is a concept that can ensue the highest facilities through planned way. If you want to know the clear concept of urban satellite town must you should be review the guide line of urban land use, effective measurement and planning.

Satellite towns are smaller municipalities that are adjacent to a major city which is the core of a metropolitan area. They differ from mere suburbs, subdivisions and especially bedroom communities in that they have municipal governments distinct from that of the core metropolis and employment bases sufficient to support their residential populations. Conceptually, satellite cities could be self-sufficient communities outside of their larger metropolitan areas. However, functioning as part of a metropolis, a satellite city experiences cross-commuting (that is, residents commuting out of and employees commuting into the city). It may involve consciously planned cities to act as spiller or dormitory towns. Several of the world's capital cities are planned cities, including Washington, D.C. in the United States, Canberra in Australia, Brasília in Brazil, Abuja in Nigeria and Islamabad in Pakistan, National capital region of Delhi in India etc..

For concept building  I will  add  some important  and satellite city method step by step. I would like to invite all of student of BRE to see the forum on regular basis and share your ideas and views so that we may clear the clarification;

Contd//

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
Re: How you will develop the concept of satellite city
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »
Dear Kafi Bhai I really appreciate you and your concept. You have already started how to develop the concept of satellite city. It is an important issue in Bangladesh. We have to think about our Dhaka city. Dhaka city is the only unplanned city and it's population is increasing geometrically. Though we are living in this city but it is a danger city right now. It is time to think of satellite city and other concepts. Go ahead, we are with you.
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline kafi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 12:04:57 AM »
Thanks Rumman VI you got the point.

This project feature continuing up to completion. Gradually I will brief the whole procedure next step I will provide a out line what parameters  should be considered  to build up such type of city. Its really a vast plan but  I will brief here shortly and later I will conduct the practical class on this project.

Offline kafi

• View Profile
Concept Development methodology of satellite city
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 04:23:56 PM »
Concept Development Methodology

It is common procedure to apply a systematic analysis and consider the all relevant factors with exiting parameters. This includes site analysis (incl. topography, transportation and access), market analysis (Catchment areas, visitor profiling, etc), cultural research, macro-economic drivers (e.g. employment generation), feasibility, environmental analysis and ecological footprint assessment (resource usage).

A rigorous analysis of these factors provides a first understanding of the type of development (e.g. luxury vs. family, leisure vs. commercial zone, daytime vs. evening capacity) and the synergies between them. For development models town then allow simulating a preliminary usage mix such as

a) How many apartments of type x, how many commercial units of type y)
b) Various resulting parameters (power and utility needs, CO2 and other impacts, etc).

Structured client meetings then generate the development strategy and concept. Based on these decisions, the concept definition process continues with tailoring of the development (usage mix, key features, infrastructure, etc) and optimization in terms of Investor return, customer experience and sustainability performance. In parallel, and based on the architect briefing, the creative design and master planning process provides a series of visual results.
In other words, we first define "what" should be built and only then "how" it is designed. Following additional client interaction, the team delivers detailed project feasibility calculations (incl. budget and financial projections) as well as implementation, infrastructure and business planning. In iterative cycles, the concept and program elements are adapted and refined throughout the planning process.

Why is this important? In today's increasingly competitive markets, investors need to get the most out of their property over the entire project life cycle. Careful economic planning at early stages can save millions in subsequent implementation costs and in investor returns and sustainability performance. This approach results in maximum operating performance with minimized investment parameters.

contd//
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:54:49 PM by kafi »

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 09:37:57 AM »
THANKS SIR AT NOW I AM CLEAR MY CONCEPT OF THIS TOWN/CITY.
I THINK THAT WHEN WE ARE GET THIS TYPES PF KNOWLEDGE WE ARE GATHER NEW CONCEPTS AND MAKE NEW IDEA IN OUR REAL ESTATE SECTOR.
REALLY I AM VERY HAPPY FOR ANY ONE CAN START THIS TOPICS.

WWW.BRE-STUDENT.BLGSPOT.COM[/move]]WWW.BRE-STUDENT.BLGSPOT.COM[/url][/size][/color][/b]
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline kafi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2010, 03:14:57 PM »
Thanks Sony. Next day I will discuss the key point of this project  step by step

Offline kafi

• View Profile
Re: Satellite city project guide line
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
Here is some important key word of project planning which is frequently uses in real estate project management system as well as students must know the definition while they are going to initiating any project. It’s a common feature to work out the plan implementation procedure and necessary preparation on assign project base work. Its such an important delegation tools for all student of BRE, preliminary preparation and finalize the work schedule to make a higher order project building scheme. This short guide line will help to introduce individual project builders.

Guide line of project planning

•   Project Justification
•   Cost/Benefit Analysis
•   Baseline Measurements
•   Project Planning and detail area survey

a. Select and prepare team

b)Risks and Mitigation Strategies
i) . Risk Identification
ii). Risk Review
iii). Risk Analysis
iv). Mitigation
•   Develop a Project Plan
•   Analyze Requirements
•   Current Work flow Diagram
•   Architecture and land use Overview
•   Infrastructure Review
•   Vendor Selection
•   Review Committee
•   Vendor Presentations
•   Analyze Vendor Packages
•   Pilot Test Findings and
•   Best Practices

contd//
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 05:58:19 PM by kafi »

Offline kafi

• View Profile
Satellite city Project implementation out line
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 11:37:14 PM »
Satellite city Project implementation out line

This is common intervention owing to know the project development method if need to be a good prospective and out come of the project we must develop the guide line which is badly needed for implementation including comprehensive decision –support from the earlier stage of development of constructive procedure.

I. Initial Development Services
       A. Project-Needs Analysis
       B. Master Planning
       C. Site Planning
       D. Feasibility Studies
       E. Master Project Schedule
       F. Master Project Budget
       G. Financial Planning
       H. Architect/Engineer Consultant Team Selection

II: Design Phase
       A. Consultant Agreements and Invoices
       B. Programming
       C. Schematic Design
       D. Design Development
       E. Schedule
       F. Budget
       G. Quality Control
       H. Value Engineering
       I. Final Drawings
       J. Regulatory Approvals
       K. Building Permits
       L. Site Development

III. Construction Phase
       A. Documents & General Contractor Selection
       B. Construction Documents
       C. General Contractor Selection
       D. Agreements and Invoices
       E. Bid Package Preparation and Review
       F. Notice to Proceed

IV. Development Services
       A. Pre-construction Meeting
       B. Job Site Meetings
       C. Change Orders
       D. Site Conditions
       E. Schedule
       F. Budget
       G. Quality of Work
       H. Materials Testing Program
       I. Contractor Negotiations and Invoices
       J. Project Cost Reports

V: Project Close-Out & Move-In
       A. Completion of Final Punch List
       B. Regulatory Inspections
       C. Certificate of Occupancy
       D. Close-out Documents
       E. Moving Company Selection
       F. Move Planning and Meetings
       G. Move-in

contd//
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:40:05 PM by kafi »

Offline mir

• Faculty
  • My Students my Universe....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 09:43:35 AM »
I appreciate you endevour on the concept of Satellite City. I have been keeping an eye on it on regular basis. Please keep it up and help build the concept among our community.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 02:30:54 PM »
I bear the same view with Masud bhai. Mr. Kafi, keep it up.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:06:56 AM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline kafi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 11:05:02 PM »
Thanks  for reviewing the thought .

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
The Concept of a perfect Satellite City, explained by Kafi sr., is realy marvelous! If we can implement all the suggestions properly, the day is not too far when we all will reside in a Heavenly city. Dhaka desparately needs the implementation of this kind of nice plan. Our political situation does not show any optimism. Upon what we can rely is that, the Real Estate is considered to be a booming sector right now. We hope, the entrepreneurs related to this field will show their honesty, perfection & dedication on the way of the fulfillment of such a nice plan. The cost has to be minimised, so that, the lower and middle class residents get priority.

Carry on Kafi sir.

Shamim Ansary.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline kafi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
Thanks Ansari