Dr. Binoy Barman's Article

Author Topic: Dr. Binoy Barman's Article  (Read 18195 times)

Offline Shah - Al - Mamun

• View Profile
Re: Dr. Binoy Barman's Article
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »
A serious essay this time which only tells us the harsh truth. Hoping this essay makes our country people more aware of the future.

As always looking forward to read your next essay sir..

Regards,
Shah - Al - Mamun 

Offline Binoy

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »
Please read my article “Learning a foreign language: Conrad’s case” published in the Star Campus on 01 August 2010, following the link:

http://www.thedailystar.net/campus/2010/08/01/last.htm

Offline Binoy

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 10:57:14 AM »
Please read my article “No way trivialising private universities” published in the Daily Star on 06 August 2010, following the link:

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesign/news-details.php?nid=149535

I would be happy to get any feedback from you. You can even put your comment in the Star online page.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 11:00:22 AM by Binoy »

Offline Nushrat Nahida Afroz

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 11:23:48 AM »
sir
whenever i got star magazine in my hand i just go through the last page.because i know an article must be there waiting for us by DR. binoy barman.Asst Professor of Daffodil international university.

We feel proud of you be a teacher of Diu.

your thoughtful writing over various social issues give us indication to move on.

Regards

Nushrat Nahida afroz
 Lectuer

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 02:52:35 PM »
Thanks sir, I have read all the articles. Really good writing.
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »
Education especially the higher education system, has failed to meet the demands of time. While job opportunities are limited in Bangladesh, there is a serious shortage of suitably qualified candidates for employment. There has been no comprehensive and long-range study to assess the kind of human resource the nation needs, and neither has there been a computation of the number of trained personnel in each category. Also, a large number of prospective students cannot get admission due to limited seats available in small numbers of public universities. In such cases, private universities came to offer the time-demanded courses and have now been an important and integral part, with rather a dominant position, of tertiary education in the country. The govt. must provide opportunities for higher education to create human capital that meets global standards.

Many private universities now offer tuition fees' waiver on need-based, merit-based, freedom fighters and female quota as per the requirements of UGC while some private universities maintain standard admission test before enrollment. So, i agree with Dr. Binoy sir's words "the limitations of public universities have been responsible to a great extent for the emergence and development of these private universities" and then Professor Alam's words: "The reality behind the growth of private universities had been formed and cemented not in spite of but because of the existence of public universities.
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline Binoy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2010, 11:20:11 AM »
Please read my article “The epic of Gilgamesh” published in Star Campus magazine of the Daily Star on 08 August 2010, following the link:

http://www.thedailystar.net/campus/2010/08/02/last.htm

Offline faizun

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 12:37:56 PM »
Respected Sir,
the article is very time worthy. The topic of the article is now the  burnning question of our country. None of our governments solved this problem. I do'nt know whatever they did or whatever they will do, but we can do something within our limit. We can switch off our pc, fan, light and other electrical equipements when they are not in use. We can encourage the students to turn off air cooler and fan or light after the classes. Everyday we meet hundreds of students in our institution and they also meet their families and friends. We can motivate them to save our national resources like electricity, gas, water etc. I personally always tell the students to turn off all the switches when they step out of their classes. and also to  encourage their mothers or house maids to turn off gas line and electrical switches when those are not in use.

Let us all be active to save electricity and gas. We can not expect that within very short time we will come out of this problem but we can definitely hope to decrease the misery of the crisis. Because this country belongs to all of us, so all of its problems are ours and we have to solve these.

With regards,
Faizun Nesa
Lecturer of CSE.
Faizun Nesa
Senior Lecturer of Physics,
Department of Natural Science, FSIT,
Daffodil International University

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 11:47:27 AM »
All the articles are outstanding.
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University
Cell:01674-566806

Offline Binoy

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
Please read my article “Heliopoetics” published in Star Campus magazine of the Daily Star on 15 August 2010, following the link:

http://www.thedailystar.net/campus/2010/08/03/last.htm

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 16, 2010, 05:17:38 PM »
I must appreciate the beauty and mastery of Binoy sir's writing.......
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 16, 2010, 05:19:33 PM »
Some quotations from some great men:

"Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance." Sir Isaac Newton

"Americans are on a spiritual journey, increasingly concerned with the meaning of life and issues of the soul and spirit. They are increasingly looking to religion as a source of comfort in a chaotic world"_Philip Kotler n Gary Armstrong, Principles of Marketing 12th Ed, Page 89

"A little knowledge of science makes man an atheist, but an in-depth study of science makes him a believer in God." Francis Bacon, famous philosopher

"Science without religion is lame." Einstein

"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can  be achieved by understanding." Einstein

"Belief in one God is the cornerstone of all religions"_Mahatma Gandhi

"Life with religion is like a ship without a rudder"_M Gandhi
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 05:22:27 PM by shibli »

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 05:25:48 PM »
I have just gone through Binoy Sir's article  "Learning a foreign language: Conrad's case" and found it a lot informative.This write-up will undoubtedly contribute to the development of ELT teachers who are always in search of some techniques in teaching English as a foreign language.The way he has specified the importance of ' reading, motivation and acculturation' in learning a foreign language is really noteworthy.

I wish all the success to his writing career.

Shamsi
Department of English

Offline Binoy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2010, 04:27:29 PM »
Please read my article “Conservationist agenda of poetry” published in Star Campus magazine of the Daily Star on 22 August 2010, following the link:

http://www.thedailystar.net/campus/2010/08/04/last.htm

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 11:53:18 AM by Binoy »

Offline Binoy

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2010, 11:50:34 AM »
Please read my article “A bleak vision of television” published in Star Campus magazine of the Daily Star on 29 August 2010, following the link:

http://www.thedailystar.net/campus/2010/08/05/last.htm