Fruits.........

Author Topic: Fruits.........  (Read 9517 times)

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Fruits.........
« on: September 25, 2012, 12:28:31 AM »
Jackfruit

The flesh of the jackfruit is starchy and fibrous, and is a source of dietary fibre. The flavour is similar to a tart banana. Varieties are distinguished according to the characteristics of the fruits' flesh. In Brazil, three varieties are recognized. These are: jaca-dura, or "hard" variety, which has firm flesh and the largest fruits that can weigh between 15 and 40 kilograms each; jaca-mole, or "soft" variety, which bears smaller fruits, with softer and sweeter flesh; and jaca-manteiga, or "butter" variety, which bears sweet fruits, whose flesh has a consistency intermediate between the "hard" and "soft" varieties.

Jam (Berry)

Jam is a common fruit. In our country, Black Berry ( Kalo Jam) is seen to be produced and sold in market. The season of the fruit is May to June. The soft fruit is popular for use in desserts, jams, seedless jellies etc. The blackberry naturally occurs chemicals that can up regulate certain beneficial metabolic processes in mammals. The astringent blackberry root is sometimes used in herbal medicine as a treatment for diarrhea and dysentery.

Sugar cane

Sugar cane is grown in over 110 countries with an estimated total production of 1,591 million metric tons. In most countries where sugarcane is cultivated, there are several foods and popular dishes derived directly from it, such as raw sugarcane chewed to extract the juice. Sugarcane Juice Combining fresh juice, extracted by hand or small mills, with a touch of lemon and ice to make a popular drink. A sugar cane baton is actually inedible but contains naturally sweet juice and is enjoyed as a snack. Cut away the outer covering and chew on the stalk until all the juice is gone. Peeled and slice as swizzle sticks to use in iced or hot drinks. Cane pulp should not be swallowed.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Re: Fruits.........
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:32:34 AM »
Star Fruit (Camranga)

Carambolas are best consumed when ripe, when they are yellow with a light shade of green. It will also have brown ridges at the five edges and feel firm. An overripe fruit will be yellow with brown spots. The fruit is entirely edible, including the slightly waxy skin. It is sweet without being overwhelming and extremely juicy. The taste is difficult to compare, but it has been likened to a mix of papaya, orange and grapefruit all at once.Carambola is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C and low in sugar, sodium and acid. It is also a potent source of both primary and secondary poly phenolic antioxidants.

Amla/Aonla(Amalaki)

Amla is widely considered as a gift of nature to mankind. By virtue of its benefits, it has been used for centuries and forms an indispensable part of the ayurvedic and unani medicine.Amla is one of the most frequently used herbs in ayurveda. Buy amla and use it is a powerful rejuvenating herb. The Amla fruit is reputed to have the highest content of vitamin C than any other naturally occurring substance in nature. Amla is one of the antioxidant with the richest natural source of Vitamin C. It contains 500 to 700 mg of ascorbic acid per 100 g of pulp. This is much more than the vitamin C content of guava, tomato or citrus fruits. Regular intake of it will promote health and prevent heart attacks.

Pineapple

The pineapple is a herbaceous perennial plant which grows to 1.0 to 1.5 meters (3.3 to 4.9 ft) tall with 30 or more trough-shaped and pointed leaves 30 to 100 centimeters (1.0 to 3.3 ft) long, surrounding a thick stem. The pineapple is an example of a multiple fruit: multiple, helically-arranged flowers along the axis each produce a fleshy fruit that becomes pressed against the fruits of adjacent flowers, forming what appears to be a single fleshy fruit. The root and fruit are either eaten or applied topically as an anti-inflammatory and as a proteolytic agent. It is traditionally used as an antihelminthic agent in the Philippines.

Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 12:36:33 AM »
Strawberry

The fragrantly sweet juiciness and deep red color of strawberries can brighten up both the taste and aesthetics of any meal; it is no wonder they are the most popular berry fruit in the world. Although strawberries have become increasingly available year-round, they are at the peak of their season from April through July when they are the most delicious and most abundant. Strawberries not only look like a fruity heart-shaped valentine, they are filled with unusual phytonutrients that love to promote your health.

Hog plum(Umbra)

They are commonly named hog plums, Spanish plums and in some cases golden apples for their brightly-colored fruit which resemble an apple or large plum at a casual glance. They are only distantly related to apple and plum trees, however. A more unequivocal common name is mombins. The Bangladesh name for the fruit of Umbra.

Dalim (Pomegranate)

Pomegranate is the fruit of the plant Punica granatum that is widely cultivated in many parts of the world. Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, India, and Iraq are the major producers of Pomegranate. The fruit is obtained basically in the months from September to February. Pomegranate fruit is the rich source of the Vitamin C. Good amount of the Vitamin B5 is also noted in the fruit. Pomegranate fruit also contains the beneficial antioxidants like polyphenols, tannins and anthocyanins. Phytochemicals like beta-carotene that are rich source of Vitamin A are also found in Pomegranate fruit. This fruit is a great supplement to improve the health status of the individual. It boosts the immunity of the person. Pomegranate juice is of great help in weight loss. You will notice a significant improvement in your health with the intake of this juice.
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 12:40:31 AM »
Mango(The King of Fruit)

Mango is the king of fruits in bangladesh. It is the fruits of summer season. There are many varieties of mangoes. They are Langra, Fazli, Gopalbhog, Mohanbhog, etc. These mangoes are famous for taste, flavour and sweetness. Fazli is also famous for its size and sweet taste. Mangoes grow in plenty in Rajshahi, Dinajpur and Borga.

Watermelon

Watermelon is grown in over 96 countries worldwide. In China and Japan watermelon is a popular gift to bring a host. In Israel and Egypt, the sweet taste of watermelon is often paired with the salty taste of feta cheese. Watermelon is 92% water. Watermelon's official name is Citrullus lanatus of the botanical family Curcurbitacae and is related to cucumbers, pumpkins and squash. Watermelon is an ideal health food because it doesn't contain any fat or cholesterol, and is an excellent source of vitamins A; B6 & C. Contrary to popular belief eating watermelon a seed does not cause a watermelon to grow in your stomach. Actually, in some cultures it is popular to bake the seeds and then eat them.

Jamrul

It’s amazing this fruit, available in red / pink color too, has so many common names which include Jamrul (in Bengali), wax apple, love apple, java apple, Chomphu (in Thai), Bellfruit (In Taiwan), jambu air (in Indonesian), water apple, mountain apple, jambu air ,"water guava" (in Malay), wax jambu, Rose apple, bell fruit, makopa, tambis (Philippines), chambekka (in Malayalam), Jumbu (Sri Lanka) and jamalac in French.
Botanical name : Syzygium samarangense (syn. Eugenia javanica).
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Re: Fruits.........of Bangladesh.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 12:43:50 AM »
Boroi

Boroi or Jujube is a small testy fruit. It is cultivated hugely in Bangladesh. The season of the fruit is from November to February.

Papaya

Papaya, Papaw or Paw Paw (Australia), Mamao (Brazil), Tree Melon. There are two types of papayas, Hawaiian and Mexican. The Hawaiian varieties are the papayas commonly found in supermarkets. These pear-shaped fruit generally weigh about 1 pound and have yellow skin when ripe. The flesh is bright orange or pinkish, depending on variety, with small black seeds clustered in the center. Hawaiian papayas are easier to harvest because the plants seldom grow taller than 8 feet.The flesh may be yellow, orange or pink. The flavor is less intense than that the Hawaiian papaya but still is delicious and extremely enjoyable. They are slightly easier to grow than Hawaiian papayas. A properly ripened papaya is juicy, sweetish and somewhat like a cantaloupe in flavor, although musky in some types.
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »
Sugar Apple

Sugar Apples or Sweetsop, is native to the tropical Americas, but is also widely grown in Pakistan, India and the Philippines. The fruit looks a bit like a pine cone, and are about 10 cm in diameter. Under the hard, lumpy skin is the fragrant, whitish flesh of the fruit, which covers several seeds inside, and has a slight taste of custard.

Mammee Apple

Mammee Apple, Mamey Apple or Santo Domingo Apricot is an evergreen tree, native to South America, which was introduced to various other regions of the world including West Africa and South East Asia. They can also be found in Florida and Hawaii. The Mammee apple is actually a berry and gets up to 20 cm in diameter. It has a thick outer rind, with soft orange to yellow pulp on the inside. It usually had one seed in the centre, but larger fruit have been known to carry up to 4. The pulp is sweet and fragrant.
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 01:25:11 AM »
Duku

Duku or lungsat are two very similar fruits found throughout Asia. They come from the same family, look and taste identical, with one difference. The skin of the lungsat contains a latex substance, which is not poisonous, but causes the skin to stick slightly to the fruit, whereas the duku has no latex and the peel is removed with more ease. Inside, the fruit has 5 segments, some of which has bitter seeds inside. It is a very sweet fruit and can be prepared in a number of different ways, including being canned in syrup or being dried like raisins.

Salmonberry (Rubus spectabilis)

Salmonberrys are native to the west coast of North America, stretching from midway through Alaska, all the way down to California. They are found in moist forests and create dense thickets. The fruit looks similar to raspberries, but are more orange in color. They are sweet when eaten raw, but are often processed into juice, wine, candies and jams.
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 01:27:21 AM »
Miracle Fruit (Synsepalum dulcificum)

The miracle fruit, or sweet berries, is a very strange berry native to West Africa. What makes the fruit strange and miraculous, is miraculin (a sugar substitute), which is found in large quantities in the fruit, combined with a glycoprotein. The fruit itself does not contain a lot of sugar, and tastes only mildly sweet but when eaten, the glycoprotein binds to the tongues taste buds, which, for about an hour after eating the fruit, distorts any other taste into sweetness. With that effect you could technically eat a lemon, and it would taste like a ball of syrup. Although the definite reason for this occurrence is not fully understood, it would seem as if the miraculin distorts the shape of the sweetness receptors in the tongue so that they pick up on acid instead of sweetness. The sweetness receptors on your tongue then transmit to the brain to taste sweetness when they come in contact with any acidity. In the 70s attempts were made to commercialize and sell the fruit as a diet aid, as it has the potential to turn any meal sweet, without affecting your calorie intake. These attempts were shattered when the FDA declared it a food additive, due to pressure from sugar companies who could foresee big losses in profits. In the last two years the berries have been making a comeback, by being the guest star of many tasting parties in the states. The berries are dried and exported, and the party guests each have one and then taste all kinds of common foods to experience a new taste sensation with every bite.

Bael (Aegle marmelos)

Bael, wood apple or stone apple is a species native to India, but found throughout Southeast Asia. Bael is a smooth fruit with a woody peel that is colored yellow, green or grey. The hard, woody, outer peel is so hard that it has to be cracked with a hammer. Inside is an aromatic yellow pulp with several hairy seeds. The flesh can be eaten either dried or fresh. From the fresh fruit, a juice called sharbat can be made, adding water, sugar and lime juice to the pulp. It takes just one large fruit to make 6 liters of sharbat.
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:40 PM »
NANCE

Nance is a tropical fruit cultivated in coastal areas of Mexico.

The fruits are used to prepare carbonated beverages, or an acid, oily, fermented beverage called chicha applied to assorted beer-like drinks .Nance can be used as fresh fruit and for preparing fruit rolls, jellies, syrup, ice cream, and cakes.
Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2013, 11:12:35 PM »
PEARS

Pears have high content of vitamin C and iron.

hey are good in all diets and are a wonderful digestive aid. They help normalize bowel activity.
These are always good for skin and have plenty of fibers.

Department of MBA

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 11:16:15 PM »
Types of fruit

Fruit is the sweet, fleshy, edible portion of a plant. It generally contains seeds. Fruits are usually eaten raw, although some varieties can be cooked. They come in a wide variety of colours, shapes and flavours. Common types of fruits that are readily available include:

Apples and pears
    Citrus – oranges, grapefruits, mandarins and limes
    Stonefruit – nectarines, apricots, peaches and plums
    Tropical and exotic – bananas and mangoes
    Berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, kiwifruit and passionfruit
    Melons – watermelons, rock melons and honey dew melons
    Tomatoes and avocados.
Department of MBA

Offline sethy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:06 PM »
In botany, a fruit is a part of a flowering plant that derives from specific tissues of the flower, one or more ovaries, and in some cases accessory tissues. Fruits are the means by which these plants disseminate seeds. Many of them that bear edible fruits, in particular, have propagated with the movements of humans and animals in a symbiotic relationship as a means for seed dispersal and nutrition, respectively; in fact, humans and many animals have become dependent on fruits as a source of food. Fruits account for a substantial fraction of the world's agricultural output, and some (such as the apple and the pomegranate) have acquired extensive cultural and symbolic meanings.
Sazia Afrin Sethy
ID:101-11-1366
BBA Department,
Batch: 25th,
Sec: B.

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »
good posts,,,,,Miss Sethy, the picture you have added with your post is really colorful & nice!!
,,& Mr. Faruque, as a classmate of yours I can say you have done excellent!!!
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd