Febrile seizure/convulsion

Author Topic: Febrile seizure/convulsion  (Read 2153 times)

Offline fatema_diu

• View Profile
Febrile seizure/convulsion
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:24:13 PM »
Recently my baby had had it. i was very worried than my doctor described it to me and asked me to be very careful regarding any symptom of fever .I am supposed to give her sedil and napa as soon as i find her temperature abnormal.

A febrile seizure, also known as a fever fit or febrile convulsion, is a convulsion associated with a significant rise in body temperature. They most commonly occur in children between the ages of 6 months to 6 years (with only 10% of reported seizures occurring after the age of 3) and are twice as common in boys as in girls.
The direct cause of a febrile seizure is not known; however, it is normally precipitated by a recent upper respiratory infection or gastroenteritis. A febrile seizure is the effect of a sudden rise in temperature (>39°C/102°F) rather than a fever that has been present for a prolonged length of time.[3] Parents caring for children that may be febrile who wrap them up in warm blankets in an attempt to give comfort unknowingly increase their fever and therefore the risk.[