Your Sixth Sense and Beyond

Author Topic: Your Sixth Sense and Beyond  (Read 3520 times)

Offline mehnaz

• View Profile
Your Sixth Sense and Beyond
« on: January 14, 2013, 02:02:04 PM »
We know that humans have five basic senses or ways in which to detect signals coming from the world around them. Those five senses are: sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. There also seems to be a 6th sense--a psychic sense--that many people possess. People with this sense claim to be able to predict the future, sense spirits, and even read others' minds.
Is there a 6th sense?
Many people have experienced dreams, visions, or unexplained feelings where they could predict some future event, sense a spirit or presence of something or someone, or even read someone else's mind. This happens to so many people--especially concerning sensing future events--that it cannot be overlooked as a possible sense for which scientists simply don't have an answer.
It certainly is a possibility
In the School for Champions, we advocate having an open mind about all subjects and possibilities. We also advocate having the curiosity to investigate these things.
With that viewpoint and with all the evidence concerning a 6th sense, it certainly seems like such a sense must exist. Until proven otherwise, we will continue to accept the possibility that we all have a 6th sense and that some people seem to be able to use it better than others, just like some people can better vision or more sensitive hearing than others..
A sense, not a power
Remember that this is a sense, where we are able to detect outside energy or signals. Nothing is mentioned here about having some special power or being able to influence events or other people. That is a different subject, not covered here because of the lack of evidence.
Looking into the future
Looking into the future is the most common 6th sense ability people seem have. Some seem to be able to predict the future through their dreams, others get a strange feeling that something will happen just before it does.
Strange feelings about future
Some people have had the feeling that something will be happening soon. Occasionally, they know exactly what will be happening. For some reason, they usually are predicting something bad. Perhaps that is because disasters are so emotionally traumatic.
Dreams about future events
Many people have had dreams that later came true to a degree. This is called déjà vu. In history, there have been prophets who predicted future events from their dreams.
I've had a number of déjà vu dreams myself. One I vividly remember is that I had dreamt of going to the Cannery Row section of Monterey, California. I did not live near there and had never been in that area before. A few months after the dream, I had an opportunity to visit the area. I remember when I turned the corner to approach the Cannery Row, I saw the buildings almost exactly as I had dreamt them! It was a scary feeling to see my dream unfold.
Abraham Lincoln is said to have dreamt of his death, days before he was assassinated.
Summary
Besides the standard 5 basic senses, there may also be a 6th sense, where people can see into the future either through some feeling or through a dream or trance. Included with that sense are the possibility of seeing spirits and reading minds. Those seem more questionable. It is difficult to verify the 6th sense, because it is not predictable.
Mehnaz Tabassum

Offline jabedmorshed

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Your Sixth Sense and Beyond
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:44:52 PM »
There is a good movie on sixth sense.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167404/

Jabed Morshed
Lecturer,
Department of Computer Science and Engineering

Offline sadia_haque

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 01:07:08 PM »
Very Interesting.

Offline 710001983

• Let's be an example, than advising others.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 10:55:35 PM »
Interesting.l

Md. Imdadul Haque
Senior Lecturer
Department of Public Health
Daffodil International University
Dhaka-1207

Offline Md. Abul Bashar

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 09:13:40 AM »
We always understand about 6th sense is that a man's insight eyes through which he/she can able to understand the some different matters. Every body has such kind of sense but it types are different to explain.