Little moments ...... Precious feelings

Author Topic: Little moments ...... Precious feelings  (Read 3948 times)

Offline Farhana Helal Mehtab

• Test
    • View Profile
« on: February 06, 2013, 06:05:15 PM »

Yesterday, my father visited my office, if I use the word "visited" it would be wrong because we came together in office as he didn't allow to move alone without car during hartal. Though I have rickshaw phobia, I enjoyed the ride with my baba in traffic jam free road.  We had interesting, sometimes serious discussion, mostly related with Kader Mollah. No, I'm not writing anything related with "pain & gain" of the nation. As I wanted to get rid of that strange judgment issue, I'm trying to concentrate my mind in different issues .... I'm writing on a dad & a daughter's interesting discussion.  After reaching my office room what my baba liked most was the glass wall from where he could see the Sobhanbagh road during hartal. It was a different Sobhanbagh ... so calm & quiet! Thanks to Raju bhai who helped me to get a good view by changing the whole glass wall. "CHANGE"... That's the perfect word which we need in our life. When I thought to resign from my previous working place, University of Development Alternative (UODA), my respected VC sir, Professor Dr Emajuddin Ahmed asked me, "Ma, amake boloto keno tumi amader chere chole jete chachho?" I felt like crying. His fatherly voice was so touchy! I controlled my emotions & answered, "Sir, the love & respect, I achieved in UODA is unparallel. Every individual person in UODA is so gentle to me; I don't have anything to say about them. Specially you .... I know, nowhere I will get a father figure like you but I need CHANGE."  Sir provided me an experience letter which is the most precious letter in my life. In a line he mentioned, "Farhana does her assigned work religiously." I kept that letter with my baba's letters. Yes my baba, he loves to write me letters. And I must say some are just master piece. Last year he wrote a letter from Kenya, he wrote just two lines, "I'm beside the beautiful sea shore, thinking about my lovely daughter...."  I phoned him & said, "If anyone reads your letter he will think I'm a kid of 3 or 4 years."  Baba said, "Chokh bondho korle ami tomar oi somoytakei dekhte pai."My baba, sitting peacefully on my office chair, asked me, "Have you written anything new?"  I started on my PC and the desktop background was visible to him ..... looking there, he read out loudly, I know, I'll WIN, if not IMMEDIATELY but DEFINITELY .....he smiled & added "InshALLAH!" He knows I change my desktop background, set different sayings there which I believe. Baba said, "Ok now write some words ....." I followed his sayings ..... the words were as follows
Little drops of water
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean,
And the pleasant land.

So the little moments,
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages
Of eternity.

So our little errors
Lead the soul away
From the path of virtue,
Far in sin to stray.

Little deeds of kindness,
Little words of love,
Make our earth Happy,
Like the heaven above.

Yes, I was writing & unconsciously went back to my past when baba used to teach me different rhymes .... It was my precious childhood for which I always say, "I was a blessed child." . It's more than 6 pm now! I've to leave office soon because from 9 am I only had desk job for unusual hartal. No students .... no movement .... 9 hours plus time on office chair .... result is back pain. Pain .... how long one can adjust with pain? Again I'm just thinking about the situation of Bangladesh. The whole nation is suffering from pain .... How long will this country suffer?! I don't know .....no one knows!

« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:30:11 PM by Farhana Helal Mehtab »

Offline shyful

• View Profile
Re: Little moments….Precious feelings
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 06:23:52 PM »
Dear Ma:am

Its a great opportunity to read such emotional feeling/experiences, thanks .
With best regards and Thanks in advance,

S.M.Saiful Haque

Offline Wasim

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 10:35:52 PM »
Ma'am your older little moments was so much emotional,and poem great.

Offline riaduzzaman

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Three prayers are undoubtedly answered: the prayer of one who is wronged, the prayer of the traveller and the prayer of a father for his child.” Narrated by Ibn Maajah (3862).
May Allah give us ability to take maximum benefit from our parent's dua and shower His infinite mercy all upon us.
Md.Riaduzzaman
Assistant Professor, Department of Law
Daffodil International University
Dhaka, Bangladesh.

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 04:09:02 PM »
Thanks Riad for sharing  Hadith/Hadis in forum. In fact, we are always same to our parents.....no matter how grown up we are/ how matured we are/ even how powerful we are. To them we are just their loving children. "May Allah give us ability to take maximum benefit from our parent's dua....... " Yes, I'm taking the maxim from my parents. Being the only daughter, I'm taking full advantages from them in every possible ways. In return, I don't know what I'm giving them or how much I can give them but I feel so good when my parents tell me, "You made us so proud, you are our peace" Just two days back, on 9th February, my father & VC sir met in a program. When baba was introduced to our VC sir he said, "My daughter works in DIU." Sir wanted to know my name..... baba just uttered my name & sir said, "You are a proud father, your daughter is our Head of Law & she is so devoted & dedicated......" After returning home baba said, "Aro anek boro hou, boroder sneher aar chotoder shommaner manush hou. Manusher bisshas aar bhalobasa arjon koro, setai hobe best achievement!"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:18:55 PM by Farhana Helal Mehtab »

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 04:15:09 PM »
Thanks Shyful for your quick comment & thoughtful words.

Wasim, keep on writing. Wishes.....

ma'am
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 04:18:14 PM by Farhana Helal Mehtab »

Offline Ferdousi Begum

• Don't give up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 06:13:27 PM »
Ma'am

Though I am a little bit late to read it, but really you are blessed. I still miss my father. May Allah rest him in peace. (He died in 1992.) Sometimes I feel so lonely, at that moment I just wish my father were alive !!! Love you abbu.

Offline abdullah thw King

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Little moments ...... Precious feelings
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:52:03 PM »
I know I will Win, but when i don;t know... Ma'am many many thanks for this beautiful mind touching post.... Really ma'am this post is very much help full for me.
 :)

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »
Dear Ferdousi,

Our doa for your father's departed soul. May Allah rest him in peace. Ameen.

You know dear, sometimes I feel worry for my personal life because Allah has given me so much, Alhamdulillah .... I'm always under HIS blessings since my birth. Responsible loving parents,  respected husband, adorable children ..... what else can a woman ask for her life. On the other hand,  with the cooperation of my family, I'm maintaining a sound professional life too, Alhamdulillah. My biggest fear is, loosing anyone from them in my life. I don't know, then how will I cope with life!? I can take tons of load but can't bear single pain of them. When I bow to Allah, I just pray pray & pray for my parents, husband & children. So dear, I understand, how much pain you are carrying.

During this reply, just few minutes back, one of my ex colleagues of Uttara University, phoned me. Her father also died. She was crying, and was telling, "Apu, apnake khub dekhte echhe korche ... apnar mUkh ta dekhle amar valo lagbe..." She is Assistant Professor, batch 23rd of Dhaka University, Law Department. I could not say her anything other than the line, "May Allah give you Peace. Ameen."

Valo theko .... give your Best to your mother who is still with you by the grace of Almighty.

Ma'am

Offline Ferdousi Begum

• Don't give up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »
Ma'am

I have a big family with 4 sisters and 2 brothers. All of them living in the village with my mother except me. Sometimes I really feel alone but this job gives me the opportunity to have another family here. I am surrounded by students, colleagues, our staffs, by everyone. This is my another family. Sometimes I don't feel that this is my job. This is also the blessings of Allah that our working environment is really nice. And what I believe that you are always there for us, in terms of professional or personal matters. It's true. So, I am really happy to be with you guys. Pray for me.

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 10:25:39 AM »
Be Blessed. Ameen.

Offline R B Habib

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 01:56:17 PM »
Excellent Post Madam.

You have always been encouraging for me  although we don't know each other (at least you don't at all). I saw you in the Orientation Program of Uttara Campus since then you have been inspiring me with your way of thinking, speech and now writing.

Thank you for reinforcing the almost same memory of mine at childhood with my father.
Rabeya Binte Habib
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil Int. University

Offline shahida sultana shimu

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 11:14:23 PM »
Dear ma`am
                     when i was reading this post,i missed so much my father.i wanted to share my feelings about my father.when i was 7/8 years old.my father is a army officer so he got a chance to go abroad and abbu went to Bosnia.when my father went to abroad there was no easily telecommunication.almost 2 years,we can not see or talk my father and we are altime worried about my father because in that time war is running in bosnia.in that time my all family members wrote letter to my father.it was really a great feeling.At last after 2 years , my father came back in Bangladesh in safely. great moment.......!Baba i love you so mach.Everyone plz pray for my father.

Offline farzanamili

• Word has power, use it wisely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
excellent and emotional post...the title is heart-touching...dear ma'am.
Mirza Farzana Iqbal Chowdhury
Senior Lecturer
Department of Law
Daffodil International University.