Really really really easy SEO

Author Topic: Really really really easy SEO  (Read 2469 times)

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• Alhamdulliha Allah Can makes Me A Muslim
    • View Profile
    • Special Discount For hajj and Umrah Guest
Really really really easy SEO
« on: May 19, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »

Your quickest and easiest route to more traffic and response with search engine optimization is to build on your current success. The keywords that already bring response are your low-hanging fruit and getting more results from them is child’s play. Mark Nunney explains the what, why and how of these mixed metaphors.

Before we continue, you need to know these methods only work if you already have some organic search engine traffic.
How to find your target keywords

Here's a really, really, really easy way to find the best keywords to target:

1) Look at the (unpaid) keyword reports on your site’s traffic analysis software (eg, Google Analytics).

2) Target the keywords your site is most successful for.

3) …er, that’s it.

You can target the same keywords with PPC too.

To work at the scale required for most sites to maximize a profit, make sure you target keyword niches and not single keywords.

With your target keywords chosen, here are three ways of easily getting more results from them…
1) Ranking higher on Google (for the same keywords)

Any increase in ranking on a Google search results page will increase your traffic. And to get from 9th to 8th or 3rd to 2nd (for example) is easier than getting results from a starting position of no ranking at all (as you must with ‘new’ keywords you have no traffic for).

You might rank 3rd on Google for a keyword. If you can get to rank 1st then you should quadruple traffic for that keyword. Eg, a website (these are real figures) ranks 3rd for corporate culture and it brought 729 visits last month. See image from a Google Analytics report showing this:

corporate culture

If that site can move up to the top slot (no.1 on Google) for corporate culture then it should get nearly 3,000 visits a month for that single keyword.
2) Target down the long tail

Target other keywords containing your target keywords (their keyword niches).

For example, that same website gets 1,609 visits a month from 453 different (single) keywords containing corporate culture, ie, from the corporate culture keyword niche. See image from a Google Analytics report showing those results (note how the report says I've "filtered" the results - we'll come back to this):

corporate culture niche

Here’s the top 10 of those 453 keywords (to get this report I again used the filter on the keywords report to show only keywords containing corporate culture):

top 10 corporate culture

The site can easily get more success from thousands more keywords in the corporate culture keyword niche by:

Using the keyword on appropriate pages. Eg, we can see there are searches with the pattern ['company name' & corporate culture,] eg, boeing corporate culture. (Research with Wordtracker’s Keywords Tool will reveal more patterns like this). So if the site has pages that get results for company names (and it does) then I just have to add corporate culture to those pages and I’ll likely get results. (This tactic has been used on this site bring over 1,000 visits a day).

Write a new page about corporate culture. You might get ideas for such pages by entering corporate culture into Wordtracker’s Keywords Tool. This ensures the new content is about subjects that are being searched for.

Targeting other keywords down the long tail of the keywords (ie, targeting keyword niches) works and is easy because:

The factors that made your site do well for your already-successful keywords, eg, corporate culture, will help your site for other keywords that include them, eg, boeing corporate culture

There is usually less competition for those long tail keywords. So that ‘help’ is usually enough to get results. This principle is behind the mantra:

target the head, exploit the tail.

The long tail is almost infinitely long.

3) Target up the long tail

As sure as every keyword has its own long tail (a keyword niche) it is part of another long tail.

For example, japanese corporate culture both has a long tail (a keyword niche) of keywords containing japanese corporate culture and is itself part of the long tail of keywords containing corporate culture.

So when our example site finds success for the keyword japanese corporate culture, it can both work down the japanese corporate culture tail and up the corporate culture tail.

For this tactic, we can reverse our mantra to:

exploit the tail, target the head.

Targeting ‘up the tail’ is harder as such keywords are usually more popular and competitive. But again you are given a head start (pun intended) against the competition by the same factors that made your tail keyword successful. For example, an inbound link containing the keyword japanese corporate culture will help you be successful for corporate culture (and vice versa).

Always try to make sure you are targeting ‘up’ as well as ‘down the tail’.

A typical tactic would be to:

Use a category page to target a competitive head keyword, eg, corporate culture. Note that the focus may be on a single keyword (the head) but the goal is the whole body and the tail (the keyword niche).

Use pages in that category (linked to from the category page of course) to target its long tail keywords’ niches, eg, japanese corporate culture.

The head, the long tail and keyword niche are all relative terms

The concepts of the head, the tail and keyword niches are always relative to your perspective and the context in which they are used.

When talking about 'all searches on the internet', head keywords are the most searched for - the likes of Yahoo, Google and the names of celebrities of the day (as I write, kate gosselin hairstyle is popular!) See more in Wordtracker’s top keywords reports.

Down your long tail

For your site, your head keywords are those that bring the most traffic.

Look at any one keyword on your site, eg, corporate culture, and its keyword niche is all keywords containing it. For the corporate culture keyword niche that will include japanese corporate culture.

And of course japanese corporate culture has its own keyword niche.

Up your long tail

If our perspective is the keyword corporate culture we can look up the long tail (or we might say 'up the body' as it's almost the same thing) of the corporate and culture keyword niches which corporate culture is itself a part of.

It's all relative.
Write it and they will come

You can’t possibly specifically optimize for thousands of long tail keywords. You can’t even even look at them on a list because existing lists are so long; and many of the tail’s keywords have not yet been thought of or searched with (the long tail never stops growing).

But use these keyword research techniques to make sure you’re pointing in the right direction (targeting the right keyword niches) and then write (or commission or encourage users to write). Ranking success, visitors and response will come. Write it and they will come.
Why it works

We’ve seen that it’s possible to get more results by targeting the keywords you are already successful for.

That’s good, but why these keywords rather than others?

You can get results from other keywords too – some may be searched with more and have less competition. So why are your currently successful keywords better for your site?

First, you don’t know for sure that other keywords will deliver response to your site. When targeting keywords you already get results for, you can make sure they are keywords that deliver response.

That’s very good, but it gets better because you can target your most responsive keywords.

And your most responsive keywords might be two, three, five or even ten times as responsive as others.

That’s outstanding, but the best bit is yet to come.

So far you know:

* … it’s always possible to get more traffic from a keyword (and keyword niche) you’re already successful for …
    * … and you can get response from these keywords (they already deliver that – it’s proven, not guesswork) …
    * … but (this is the bit I love) you also know that you can beat the competition on Google for these keywords.

You know you can beat the competition because you already are beating the competition enough to get at least some traffic. So do just a little bit more work and you’ll get more traffic and response.

Excellent.

I’d say ‘incredible’ (which means ‘beyond belief’) but what’s incredible is that it’s not the first lesson in SEO school. If it was then you would be doing it already.

If you are doing it already then give yourself a big smile but don’t rest. Don’t put your feet up because the competition is always chasing you and I just told them what to do. Sorry about that. But whilst they catch up you can learn how to scale up your SEO with keyword niches and Wordtracker’s new Strategizer tool.
Dig deep and you will find gold

Once you understand how easy SEO can be (when targeting the keywords you are already successful for) you still need to prioritize because the chances are your site is successful for thousands of keywords.

You might simply go to your site analytics software (eg, Google Analytics) and sort your keyword reports by your chosen response metric (perhaps bounce rate, visits or ecommerce conversion rates).

This will show your most responsive keywords. And the chances are you’ll see amazing response rates. 100% conversion rates are common for some keywords (even higher but let’s not go there now). Nice, but …

You look again and see these 100% response keywords only have one visit.

And you don’t know how popular the keyword is? Does it get searched with often? Off to Wordtracker Keywords Tool to find out. It’s probably not used much (most aren’t) … (mmm this is starting to take some time isn't it? Keep reading - help is coming).

Then you remember that single keywords are for losers because they don’t bring enough traffic and response. And your Google Analytics keyword report is showing you results for single keywords. You want to see results for keyword niches.

What about the filter on Google Analytics keywords reports? Yes that can work a treat (up to the point at which you need sleep because it takes so long). If you have plenty of time, here’s how to use it:

Use the advanced filter to see, say, keywords bringing more than 200 visits.

Then sort those results by your chosen response metric

For each promising keyword you now want keyword niche results. And you’re going to have to do each one manually (this bit sucks) …

Put the keyword into the filter to get keyword niche results (summarized at the top each report).

Record the results in a spreadsheet.

Repeat for other high-response keywords.

Now enter the keywords into the Wordtracker Keywords Tool to get estimates of each keyword niche size. Add results to your spreadsheet.

Keep digging and you will find gold – your most responsive keyword niches. And you’ll know how popular each keyword niche is so you can plan an appropriate amount of work for each one.

This manual method works. I’ve used it for years as a professional SEO and I’ve taught it in training sessions and some articles on this site (see The SEO pro’s secret path). But it really does take a long time to use it thoroughly.

A site with 100,000 visits a month might get results from 50,000 different keywords. You could die before you’ve manually reported on each of those keyword niches. Gold digging was never really going to be easy though, was it?

Actually it is. Because with Wordtracker have built Strategizer for you. Built to my exact specifications, Strategizer automates the above process I've successfully used as a professional SEO.

With Wordtracker's Strategizer, in a few minutes you can have a report for your site that shows you:

Your top 2,000 keyword niches (your keyword reports are imported from Google Analytics and converted from single keyword to keyword niche reports).

Your most responsive keyword niches (so you’re working at scale).

The size of each of those keyword niches, ie, how many searches are made (this data is imported from Google).

Your market share for each keyword niche.

Advice on what work to do to target each keyword niche for both SEO and PPC.

One-click access to historical seasonal trend reports from Google Insights.

Here’s an example of a Strategizer report for that business management site we've been using as an example:

thinking-managers-strategizer-600

The keywords listed are reports for keyword niches.

The report is sorted by response rate (highlighted in blue) so we can see the site's most responsive keyword niches.

The niche size column shows me Google's estimates of how many searches were made with these keywords.

With a click I've chosen to target those keyword niches highlighted in red (Strategizer will save those for me).
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

আমার প্রতিষ্ঠান www.zilhajjgroup.com
www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• View Profile
Re: Really really really easy SEO
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
নতুন সাইট তৈরি করার পর আমরা সবাই আশাকরি সাইটে প্রচুর ভিজিটর আসুক। ভিজিটর পাওয়ার বেশ কিছু মাধ্যম আছে তার মধ্যে সার্চ ইঞ্জিন হচ্ছে অন্যতম। আপনার সাইটটি যত সার্চ ইঞ্জিন বান্ধব হবে ততই সার্চ ইঞ্জিন থেকে ভিজিটর পাওয়ার সম্ভবনা বেশি। সার্চ ইঞ্জিন অপটাইমজেশন আপনি দুই ভাবে করতে পারেন।

১) অনপেজ সার্চ ইঞ্জিন অপটিমাইজেশন
২) অফপেজ সার্চ ইঞ্জিন অপটিমাইজেশন

অনপেজ সার্চ ইঞ্জিন অপটিমাইজেশন হচ্ছে আপনার ওয়েব সাইটের পেজ গুলোকে সার্চ ইঞ্জিনের উপযোগী করে অপটিমাইজ করা।

অফপেজ সার্চ ইঞ্জিন অপটিমাইজেশন হলো আপনার ওয়েব সাইটের ব্যাকলিংক, পেজ র‌্যাংক ইত্যাদি বৃদ্ধি করে সার্চ ইঞ্জিনের কাছে সাইটকে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ করে তোলা। অফপেজ সার্চ ইঞ্জিন অপটিমাইজেশনের জন্য নিচের বিষয় গুলো অত্যন্ত গুরুত্ব পুর্ণ।

* Page Rank
* Backlinks
* Link Exchange
* Anchor text
* Relevancy
* Directories
* Traffic
* Bookmark

যাইহোক পরবর্তীতে এসব নিয়ে বিস্তারিত আলোচনা করব। আজকে আপনাদের সাথে অনপেজ সার্চ ইঞ্জিন অপটিমাইজেশন সম্পর্কিত গুগলের একটা ইবুক শেয়ার করছি। বইটির নাম Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide

ডাউনলোড করতে এখানে ক্লিক করুন।

বইটি ইংরেজীতে লেখা। আশাকরি নবীনদের কাজে দিবে এই ইবুকটি।
আল্লাহর রহমতে প্রতি বছর হজে যাওয়ার সুযোগ হচ্ছে।এভাবেই হাজীদের খেদমত করে যেতে চাই।

www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 12:43:01 AM »

Hello visitor's I got some great SEO tips. I hope this tips will help beginner specially . So please if you think this is useful don't forget to make a comments.

1. Write great content (HIGH PRIORITY)

Great content is where it all starts. You can have all the keywords in the world, but if your content is no good, people won't stick around on your site and search engines won't find your site valuable.

2. Write unique content (HIGH PRIORITY)

Unique content is important too. You need to provide content that has different information than what is on other sites and other Web pages. This is really really very important.

3. Add new content all the time (HIGH PRIORITY)

Sites that have new content added on a regular basis are seen as more reliable than sites that rarely do. This also helps you to increase the amount of relevant content on your site, which also improves your rankings.

4. Create a great keyword phrase (HIGH PRIORITY)

The first thing you should do when working on search engine optimization is find a great keyword phrase for that page. You shouldn't try to optimize your entire site to one keyword phrase - instead focus on writing pages for specific keywords and phrases.

5. Choose a phrase that is popular, but not too popular (HIGH PRIORITY)

When trying to decide on a keyword phrase, you want to find one that is popular but not extremely popular. This may seem counter-intuitive, but the reality is that extremely popular keywords are very desirable and so very competitive. It's better to try to optimize for keywords that you can rank higher. You'll get more pageviews from a less popular keyword when you're on the first or second page of the search engines, than from a super popular keyword that you only make it to page 50 of search engines.

6. Write an accessible site (HIGH PRIORITY)

Accessible HTML is accessible to both search engine spiders and screen readers. The more accessible you make your pages, the easier it will be for search engines to read and rank your pages.

7. Use the keyword phrase in your title tag (HIGH PRIORITY)

The title tag is one of the most important tags on your Web page. And placing your keyword phrase in the title tag, preferably at the beginning, is very important to get that phrase into the search engines. Plus, that puts your keyword phrase as the link in the search engine index.

8. Get a domain with your keyword phrase (HIGH PRIORITY)

Putting your keyword phrase in your domain name is a great way to optimize for that phrase.

9. Use the keyword phrase in your URL (HIGH PRIORITY)

Even if you can't get your keywords into your domain name, you can put them into your URLs. Search engines read the URLs and assign value to the text they find there.

10. Use your keyword phrase a lot, but not too much (HIGH PRIORITY)

The ratio of your keywords to the rest of the text on your page is called the keyword density. It's important to repeat your keywords in your document, but not too much. Keyword density should be between 3 and 7% for your primary keyword phrase and 1-2% for any secondary keywords or keyword phrases.

Share Your SEO Tips
What SEO tips have you tried that have worked for you? Are there some SEO tricks that aren't on this list? Share your favorite techniques and how they netted you results.

www.corporatetourbd.com

Offline BRE SALAM SONY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:34:10 AM »
ost of us have seen numerous adverts promoting programs that
will earn us yachts and mansions for only a few dollars
investment. Too good to be true? Unfortunately yes. Most of the
time you will waste time and money with these programs. So is
there a way to make a full time income from only working online
a few hours per day?

The short answer is yes but you need to put in a lot more time
than a few hours per day to start with. Over the past 6 months I
have worked up to 12 hours per day building an income to replace
the one I lost when I left my previous job. It takes dedication
and focus and slowly but surely your income will grow to the
point that you can cut back your hours and get some quality time
with your family.

The first thing you need to do is to sit down and have a long
hard think about what you want from life. I would bet that most
of you will at first think about the fast cars and mansions and
the celebrity lifestyles that are depicted in many aspirational
adverts. However think harder, these are things you would like
to have not what you want from life. If after you've thought
deeply you decide that you want to see your family grow up, you
want to be able to make it to your children's school concert and
not have to work late on that important project. If you decide
that you want to be able to take your wife for a romantic lunch
before you collect the kids from school then you have the
correct frame of mind to start making an income for yourself. If
you don't have a family and you decide you want to be self
reliant and not a wage slave then you are on the way. Be
realistic and you won't be disappointed.

Now you know what you want and you know it's realistic it's time
to get yourself a strategy. I like to think of my income
building strategy in terms of building a house, before you put
up the walls and roof, the part of the house you can see and
admire you need to put in the foundations. The foundation of
your income has to be a steady source of reliable income that
you can build on. For this I built a number of content websites
and monetized them by adding Adverts and Amazon feeds. I write
articles and submit them to directories. I do everything I can
to get the sites into the search engines and get traffic to
them. Once the visitors started coming and I was getting a
steady income then it's time to branch out and work on the 4
walls of our strategy.

The second part of the strategy involves taking some profit from
the site building and investing it in well researched programs
that have a long history of paying out. You need to do your
research and due diligence here and spread the risk among a
number of programs if you have any doubts about a program walk
away. Now you have your foundation and 4 walls in place it's
time to top it all off with the roof.

The Roof like in your house is the top level of our strategy,
this is where you take everything you have learned building your
foundations and walls and apply it to your own programs, by now
you will know what works, you will have developed a network of
contacts through programs and forums and you are ready to
develop your own programs.

The great thing about this strategy is that if you have no spare
cash you can start out with very little, in fact it is possible
to start out with $0.00 and turn this into a full-time income by
clever use of resources. If you don't believe that this is
possible then have a look at the blog detailed in the resource
box at the end of this article and watch start with $0.00 and
prove there is such a thing as a free lunch.

www.corporatetourbd.com