New research shows that some food combinations are more nutritious when eaten together.
1. Cruciferous vegetables (Cauliflower, cabbage and broccoli) + Mustard seeds (paste/seeds itself)- Combine cruciferous vegetables with mustard will help you absorb more sulforaphane, the cancer preventing property.
2. Coffee+ Sugar-If you take your coffee with sugar, good news—it may make you more productive on the job, suggests a small 2010 study published in the journal Human Psychopharmacology: Clinical and Experimental. When study participants drank the two together, researchers found that areas of the brain associated with attention worked more efficiently than when sipped solo.
3. Dal(legumes)+ Cruciferous vegetable: Add more fibre and reduce the consumption of more fat
4. Fish+ Turmeric - Curcumin (a component of turmeric) and DHA (an omega-3 fat in oily fish) protect against certain cancers by keeping cancer cells from multiplying. DHA helps cells to utilize curcumin.
5. Chicken / Beef + Sour curd- Reduce the saturated fat intake
6. Beans+ Tomato- they help boost your iron intake for better brain and muscle function.
7. Iced tea+ Lemon juice- they help you get more from antioxidants.
8. Yogurt+ Banana+ apple- These repair muscles after a workout.
9. Salad+ olive oil/mustard oil- Add some good fat to keep skin glowing
10. Fish+ tea- You should drink a cup of iced tea right after fish intake to reduce the heavy metal ingestion found in fish
11. Peanut+ Semolina(Suji)- add some healthy fat in cereals