Can we do those little, everyday things?

Author Topic: Can we do those little, everyday things?  (Read 6158 times)

Offline irina

• View Profile
Can we do those little, everyday things?
« on: May 11, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »
Those little, everyday things like holding the door for a teacher you don't know, or smiling at someone who isn't always nice to you may not  seem to matter much in the very first place but in the end you come off as a much nicer person and you also show that you sincerely and genuinely care.

Make sure to be as nice as they are to you. If your friends give you a present say something honestly positive about it even if you don't like it and make sure you don't tell anyone that you don't like it. It will end in a fall out, and make sure that if you haven't got them a present don't tell them in a horrible voice I wouldn't mention it at all!

If someone is being mean to you still be nice to them. Don't bring yourself down to their level by being mean back at them. They might get your drift and stop being mean to you, talk to them nicely so they don't take it a wrong way.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:46:05 AM by irina »

Offline irina

• View Profile
Re: Can we do those little, everyday things?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
If someone is being mean to you still be nice to them. Don't bring yourself down to their level by being mean back at them. They might get your drift and stop being mean to you, talk to them nicely so they don't take it a wrong way.

Try to compliment people
 Do not compliment on a daily basis to the same people or else they will think you are trying to "butter them up" before asking for a favor. Only compliment if you truly mean it.
 Remember using vulgar language won't make a very good impression
 Always remember the Golden Rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated. And respect them for who they are. don't change them. Even though some people may not be nice to you at first, they will come around eventually.
Don't laugh at other peoples' mistakes and don't point out their faults too harshly. It's okay to joke, of course, but use your common sense; think about what you're about to say, and consider the fact that just because you may not be offended by a certain comment, others could be.
Bad language, gossiping, whining, selfishness and greediness don't mix with being nice.
Source is Internet.

Offline Ferdousi Begum

• Don't give up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 12:54:09 PM »
Nice. Actually being nice to others every time is really tough though not impossible, if self control is there, we can do it easily.

Offline shipra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 11:20:31 AM »
students should try to do these things

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 03:01:54 PM »

At the end of our classes if there is extra time, we can ask our students to practice these ways of being nice.After all, our duty is not only to complete the syllabus of assigned courses but also to make sure that our students will be those citizens whom others will find nice.

Regards

Shamsi

Offline R B Habib

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »
"Those little, everyday things like holding the door for a teacher you don't know, or smiling at someone who isn't always nice to you may not  seem to matter much in the very first place but in the end you come off as a much nicer person and you also show that you sincerely and genuinely care".
------
genuinely feel the need of it from the heart. Thanks Irina Madam for sharing such nice thought.
Rabeya Binte Habib
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil Int. University

Offline R B Habib

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 04:00:16 PM »
Dear Shamsi Madam
Yes, I already teach them this in the very first class, and sometimes in other classes as well. you can only teach them, practicing is sometimes far cry. Could not see a big change but small changes are made. Happy with that.
Rabeya Binte Habib
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil Int. University

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
Dear Shamsi
Quite rightly you have  pointed out the matter.
Thank you.
And again many many thanks to all loved ones.

Offline Tahsina

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 10:30:10 PM »
I don't know why after reading the post and the comments I got reminded of Wordsworth's poem "Tintern Abbey." He gives credit to nature for forming "that best portion of a good man's life;/His little, nameless, unremembered acts/Of kindness and of love." I guess as teachers the ways we project our images do have an influence on students but at the end of the day it's the upbringing at home (which is the first school) which matters the most.

Tahsina
Tahsina Yasmin
Associate Professor
Department of English, DIU

Offline asma alam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2013, 09:52:12 AM »
Dear Irina Miss,

Thanks for your valuable preaching through the post. It is an approach to make a friendly world around us. I believe that this practice is not only meant for the students, it is meant for all of us. So, I shall also try to apply this knowledge in my personal and professional life.

Asma Alam

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2013, 01:22:33 PM »
Dear Asma
How can I express my appreciation for your generous gesture?

Offline nirvana

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »
Someone would need to be pretty calculative & patient to mould himself according to all those advice. It's tough ask but a great one if achieved.

Thanks to Irian Madam again for resurfacing the little things we tend to ignore unconsciously or subconsciously sometimes.

Offline irina

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 12:19:10 PM »
You're most welcome, nirvana.

Offline farzanamili

• Word has power, use it wisely!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:30 AM »
very good post. Learning has no limit. Though it is tough to maintain always but we have to try honestly to be nice as far as possible. Thanks Irina ma'am to focus on such a matter!  :)
Mirza Farzana Iqbal Chowdhury
Senior Lecturer
Department of Law
Daffodil International University.

Offline Antara11

• Senior Lecturer, English Dept.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »
Nice things to exercise in life.

Thanks dear Madam.
Antara Basak
Senior Lecturer
Dept. of English