Safe travel security tips at abroad...
1) Carry of copy of your passport with you while in country.
2) Travel in large groups rather than alone.
3) Choose a safe and secure hotel rather than a cheap one.
4) Remember to leave contact information (i.e., email address or phone number) with family and friends so they can get in touch with you abroad.
5) Refrain from carrying large bags while touring.
6) Contact the police immediately and report it if you are victimized.
7) Be aware of your surroundings and avoid social distractions (e.g., cell phones and mp3 players)
Surrender your valuables if confronted by thieves. They can be replaced.
9) Be extra careful when using public transportation abroad. If possible avoid using crowded buses.
10) Get sound security advice by contacting your embassy or consulate and speaking with someone in the security office.