Quotes Garden

Author Topic: Quotes Garden  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Md. Al-Amin

• "Yes"
    • View Profile
Quotes Garden
« on: June 08, 2013, 05:20:48 PM »
A decision once taken brings peace to a man's mind and eases his soul.
    Mika Waltari
Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.
    Seneca
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands.
    Michelangelo
A happy life consists in tranquility of mind.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force... We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.
    Max Planck
Passion and strife bow down the mind.
    Virgil
When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there.
    George Harrison
People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.
    Abraham Lincoln
Easy mind, light heart. A mind that is too easy hides a heart that is too heavy.
    Franz Schubert
My own brain is to me the most unaccountable of machinery - always buzzing, humming, soaring roaring diving, and then buried in mud. And why? What's this passion for?
    Virginia Woolf
The mind is a mechanism. It has no intelligence. The mind is a bio-computer.
    Osho
Little things please little minds.
    Ovid
Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.
    Marcel Proust
Zen is not a scholarly study. Zen is an existential quantum leap. It is not of the mind. It is going beyond the mind.
    Osho
Success - keeping your mind awake and your desire asleep.
    Walter Scott
There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face.
    William Shakespeare
I like to hike with my dog, Webster. It helps clear my mind.
    Calista Flockhart
I can't say I have control over my emotions; I don't know my mind. I'm lost like everyone else. I'm certainly not a leader.
    Richard Gere
Happiness and contentment in life reside less in the transient mansions, spa's and international playgrounds of the rich, but more in the permanent residence of the heart and mind.
    Joseph P. Martino
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.
    Abraham Lincoln
It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue.
    Voltaire
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.
    Charlotte Bronte
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad.
    Lord Byron
Love to faults is always blind, always is to joy inclined. Lawless, winged, and unconfined, and breaks all chains from every mind.
    William Shakespeare
You traverse the world in search of happiness, which is within the reach of every man. A contented mind confers it on all.
    Horace

The mind has skill, but it has no intelligence; it has a functional utility, but it has no awareness. It is a robot.
    Osho
In my mind's eye, I visualize how a particular... sight and feeling will appear on a print. If it excites me, there is a good chance it will make a good photograph. It is an intuitive sense, an ability that comes from a lot of practice.
    Ansel Adams
The soul is a very perfect judge of her own motions, if your mind doesn't dictate to her.
    D. H. Lawrence
Hold a picture of yourself long and steadily enough in your mind's eye, and you will be drawn toward it.
    Napoleon Hill
We are dying from overthinking. We are slowly killing ourselves by thinking about everything. Think. Think. Think. You can never trust the human mind anyway. It's a death trap.
    Anthony Hopkins
Our mind is capable of passing beyond the dividing line we have drawn for it. Beyond the pairs of opposites of which the world consists, other, new insights begin.
    Hermann Hesse
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become.
    Buddha
This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.
    Dalai Lama
Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absent-minded. Someone sober will worry about events going badly. Let the lover be.
    Jalal-Uddin Rumi
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
    Buddha
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
    Napoleon Hill
Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even.
    Horace
A man should keep his little brain attic stocked with all the furniture that he is likely to use, and the rest he can put away in the lumber-room of his library, where he can get it if he wants it.
    Arthur Conan Doyle
Mind moves matter.
    Virgil
Your conscience teaches your mind how to 'think' your heart how to 'feel' your soul how to 'obey' and most importantly your body how to 'perform' extraordinary 'acts' of charity and human kindness. Toward your fellow man.
    Joseph P. Martino
The mind can also be an erogenous zone.
    Raquel Welch
The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
    John Milton
All things can corrupt when minds are prone to evil.
    Ovid
Often the presence of mind and energy of a person remote from the spotlight decide the course of history for centuries to come.
    Stefan Zweig
I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and you put the work and time into it. I think your mind really controls everything.
    Michael Phelps
The mind ought sometimes to be diverted, that it may return the better to thinking.
    Phaedrus
It is great wealth to a soul to live frugally with a contented mind.
    Lucretius
There are two contrary impulses which govern this man's brain-the one sane, and the other eccentric. They alternate at regular intervals.
    Franz Schubert
He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
    Buddha

He then learns that in going down into the secrets of his own mind he has descended into the secrets of all minds.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of large collections of facts.
    Charles Darwin
Man consists of two parts, his mind and his body, only the body has more fun.
    Woody Allen
The mind can assert anything and pretend it has proved it. My beliefs I test on my body, on my intuitional consciousness, and when I get a response there, then I accept.
    D. H. Lawrence
Existence is only in the present. Mind is never in the present.
    Osho
The brain is like a muscle. When it is in use we feel very good. Understanding is joyous.
    Carl Sagan
Where the Mind is biggest, the Heart, the Senses, Magnanimity, Charity, Tolerance, Kindliness, and the rest of them scarcely have room to breathe.
    Virginia Woolf
The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you to enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.
    Kahlil Gibran
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
    Edgar Allan Poe
A masterpiece is something said once and for all, stated, finished, so that it's there complete in the mind, if only at the back.
    Virginia Woolf
Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind.
    Buddha
My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation.
    Arthur Conan Doyle
Dream on it. Let your mind take you to places you would like to go, and then think about it and plan it and celebrate the possibilities. And don't listen to anyone who doesn't know how to dream.
    Liza Minnelli
Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
    Virgil
I am indeed amazed when I consider how weak my mind is and how prone to error.
    Rene Descartes
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
    Mark Twain
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
    Buddha
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
    Abraham Lincoln
Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.
    Aristophanes
The bonds that unite another person to our self exist only in our mind.
    Marcel Proust
The mind is just another muscle.
    Ted Turner
No man is ever whipped until he quits in his own mind.
    Napoleon Hill
Whenever a mind is simple and receives a divine wisdom, old things pass away, - means, teachers, texts, temples fall;it lives now, and absorbs past and future into the present hour.? All things are made sacred by relation to it,-one as much as another.?All things are disolved to ther center by thier cause.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
Books, the children of the brain.
    Jonathan Swift
Yoga is a method to come to a non-dreaming mind.
    Osho
The smaller the mind the greater the conceit.
    Aesop
I know of but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind.
    Antoine De Saint-Exupery
Success in its highest and noblest form calls for peace of mind and enjoyment and happiness which come only to the man who has found the work that he likes best.
    Napoleon Hill
The mind is everything. What you think you become.
    Buddha
And the essential core of meditation is very simple: it is to be a witness of your mind process,not to be identified with the mind processes - thoughts, desires, imaginations, projections, dreams, memories and so on and so forth.
    Osho
Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.
    Charlie Chaplin
I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it.
    Marilyn Monroe
I have found adventure in flying, in world travel, in business, and even close at hand... Adventure is a state of mind - and spirit.
    Jacqueline Cochran
When you're learning any language, whether it be a make-believe language or French or Italian, the agility of your mind is what's interesting.
    Nicole Kidman
You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor.
    Aristotle
If your conscious and subconscious minds are not aligned, then fulfilling your heart's desire will be a constant struggle, and living your dream will be next to impossible.
    Dan Brule
It is well for the heart to be naive and the mind not to be.
    Anatole France
The pen is the tongue of the mind.
    Horace
The conscious mind is time bound - separating past and future. The subconscious mind is timeless - past and future are simultaneous.
    Dan Brule
Only idiots refuse to change their minds.
    Brigitte Bardot
Why harass with eternal purposes a mind to weak to grasp them?
    Horace
I have dreamed in my life, dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they have gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the color of my mind.
    Emily Bronte
Breath is the link between mind and body.
    Dan Brule
Our love of what is beautiful does not lead to extravagance; our love of the things of the mind does not make us soft.
    Pericles
As every divided kingdom falls, so every mind divided between many studies confounds and saps itself.
    Leonardo da Vinci
Faithfulness and truth are the most sacred excellences and endowments of the human mind.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
Some single mind must be master, else there will be no agreement in anything.
    Abraham Lincoln
All the soarings of my mind begin in my blood.
    Rainer Maria Rilke
I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it.
    Michael Phelps
Education forms the common mind. Just as the twig is bent, the tree's inclined.
    Alexander Pope

The boy who is going to make a great man must not make up his mind merely to overcome a thousand obstacles, but to win in spite of a thousand repulses and defeats.
    Theodore Roosevelt
It is always during a passing state of mind that we make lasting resolutions.
    Marcel Proust
Ambition is the root of politics.
    Osho
I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.
    Vincent Van Gogh
The experience of life consists of the experience which the spirit has of itself in matter and as matter, in mind and as mind, in emotion, as emotion, etc.
    Franz Kafka
Fears are nothing more than a state of mind.
    Napoleon Hill
I had rather fashion my mind than furnish it.
    Michel de Montaigne
Clogged with yesterday's excess, the body drags the mind down with it.
    Horace
There is nothing evil save that which perverts the mind and shackles the conscience.
    Saint Ambrose
To forbid us anything is to make us have a mind for it.
    Michel de Montaigne
Meditation simply means a state of no-thought, awareness without the process of thought, just pure, mirror-like awareness, with no thoughts passing in the mind.
    Osho
Some songs are just like tattoos for your brain... you hear them and they're affixed to you.
    Carlos Santana
To the dull mind, all nature is leaden. To the illuminated mind, the whole world sparkles with light.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
In adversity remember to keep an even mind.
    Horace
Words are the physicians of a mind diseased.
    Aeschylus
There are things which a man is afraid to tell even to himself, and every decent man has a number of such things stored away in his mind.
    Fyodor Dostoevsky
The human brain now holds the key to our future. We have to recall the image of the planet from outer space: a single entity in which air, water, and continents are interconnected. That is our home.
    David Suzuki
A wise man does not chatter with one whose mind is sick.
    Sophocles
I consider that a man's brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose.
    Arthur Conan Doyle
He Who is in love is wise and is becoming wiser, sees newly every time he looks at the object beloved, drawing from it with his eyes and his mind those virtues which it posses.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
Not a single thought in the mind is ever original, it is always a repetition. Watch. Whenever mind says something, see that it is again putting you into a routine. Try to do something new and the mind will have less grip on you.
    Osho
True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united.
    Wilhelm von Humboldt
People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind.
    William Butler Yeats
My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn't stand the sideline.
    Michael Jordan
Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works.
    Virginia Woolf

Minds have been given to men out of the eternal fires you call fixed stars and planets, those spherical solids which, quickened with divine minds,journey through their circuits and orbits with amazing speed.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
The weeds keep multiplying in our garden, which is our mind ruled by fear. Rip them out and call them by name.
    Sylvia Browne
Mind is just in the middle. You are nothing but a mess. If you can go beyond it, intelligence grows in you;if you go below it, any intelligence that you had disappears.
    Osho
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Aristotle
The brain is wider than the sky.
    Emily Dickinson
Cast your mind on other days that we in coming days may be still the indomitable Irishry.
    William Butler Yeats
To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to.
    Kahlil Gibran
We truly have an ancient part of the brain that was about survival when we were prey but we seem to have gone past prey. We eat everything and nothing eats us.
    Nick Nolte
All our words are but crumbs that fall down from the feast of the mind.
    Kahlil Gibran
Piety is not a goal but a means to attain through the purest peace of mind the highest culture.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
    Buddha
Our eyes are holden that we cannot see things that stare us in the face, until the hour arrives when the mind is ripened; then we behold them, and the time when we saw them not is like a dream.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
Power is not alluring to pure minds.
    Thomas Jefferson
Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be.
    Abraham Lincoln
If only your pure and clean mind could touch me, dear Haydn, nobody has a greater reverence for you than I have.
    Franz Schubert
In a disordered mind, as in a disordered body, soundness of health is impossible.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
When a man is out of sight, it is not too long before he is out of mind.
    Victor Hugo
Mediocre minds usually dismiss anything which reaches beyond their own understanding.
    Francois De La Rochefoucauld
Suspicion always haunts the guilty mind.
    William Shakespeare
It hinders the creative work of the mind if the intellect examines too closely the ideas as they pour in.
    Friedrich Schiller
The greatest wealth is to live content with little, for there is never want where the mind is satisfied.
    Lucretius
The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.
    Plutarch
All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last.
    Marcel Proust
The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
There can be no two opinions as to what a highbrow is. He is the man or woman of thoroughbred intelligence who rides his mind at a gallop across country in pursuit of an idea.
    Virginia Woolf
When the mind is thinking it is talking to itself.
    Plato
Strength of mind rests in sobriety; for this keeps your reason unclouded by passion.
    Pythagoras
The only means of strengthening one's intellect is to make up one's mind about nothing, to let the mind be a thoroughfare for all thoughts.
    John Keats
An education which does not cultivate the will is an education that depraves the mind.
    Anatole France
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
    Buddha
We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
It is not possible either to trick or escape the mind of Zeus.
    Hesiod
What we learn only through the ears makes less impression upon our minds than what is presented to the trustworthy eye.
    Horace
Freedom in art, freedom in society, this is the double goal towards which all consistent and logical minds must strive.
    Victor Hugo
The wavering mind is but a base possession.
    Euripides
If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.
    Chuang Tzu
I'm not that tough; I'm not that smart. I need life telling me who I am, showing me my mind constantly. I wouldn't see it in a cave.
    Richard Gere
While conscience is our friend, all is at peace; however once it is offended, farewell to a tranquil mind.
    Mary Wortley Montagu
Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic understanding of how the world works.
    Carl Sagan
For the mind is all the easier to teach before it is set.
    Quintilian
I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
    Mark Twain
The poet gives us his essence, but prose takes the mold of the body and mind.
    Virginia Woolf
In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn, than to contemplate.
    Rene Descartes
Minds that are ill at ease are agitated by both hope and fear.
    Ovid
Although all the good arts serve to draw man's mind away from vices and lead it toward better things, this function can be more fully performed by this art, which also provides extraordinary intellectual pleasure.
    Nicolaus Copernicus
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office.
    Robert Frost
Nature has planted in our minds an insatiable longing to see the truth.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
Learning never exhausts the mind.
    Leonardo da Vinci
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    Buddha

The mind is exercised by the variety and multiplicity of the subject matter, while the character is moulded by the contemplation of virtue and vice.
    Quintilian
Things are not difficult to make; what is difficult is putting ourselves in the state of mind to make them.
    Constantin Brancusi
If my body is enslaved, still my mind is free.
    Sophocles
I proved to myself that if I believe in something and set my mind to it I could actually accomplish it.
    Salma Hayek
All action is of the mind and the mirror of the mind is the face, its index the eyes.
    Marcus Tullius Cicero
To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.
    Buddha
I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit.
    John Steinbeck
If you wish to know the mind of a man, listen to his words.
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Any idea, plan, or purpose may be placed in the mind through repetition of thought.
    Napoleon Hill
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your mind.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
Travelling expands the mind rarely.
    Hans Christian Andersen
The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
    Aristotle
Art is contemplation. It is the pleasure of the mind which searches into nature and which there divines the spirit of which nature herself is animated.
    Auguste Rodin
When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.
    Mark Twain
I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Thomas Jefferson
Age carries all things away, even the mind.
    Virgil
Music used to change people's minds - and it still changes mine.
    Rosanna Arquette
To my mind the boy who gives least promise is one in whom the critical faculty develops in advance of the imagination.
    Quintilian
The mind ought sometimes to be diverted that it may return to better thinking.
    Phaedrus
I am of a healthy long lived race, and our minds improve with age.
    William Butler Yeats
My mind withdrew its thoughts from experience, extracting itself from the contradictory throng of sensuous images, that it might find out what that light was wherein it was bathed... And thus, with the flash of one hurried glance, it attained to the vision of That Which Is.
    Saint Augustine
Every night, I have to read a book, so that my mind will stop thinking about things that I stress about.
    Britney Spears
To penetrate and dissipate these clouds of darkness, the general mind must be strengthened by education.
    Thomas Jefferson
A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the luster of the firmament of bards and sages.? Yet he dismisses without notice his thought, because it is his.? In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts; they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson
I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.
    Thomas Jefferson

http://www.quoteoasis.com/topics/mind_quotes_9.html#mPLi6vVGkGoZHQj9.99
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:23:17 PM by al-amin »