Relaxation techniques can help you reduce stress and improve sleep.
This can improve the quality of your life
The University of Maryland Medical Center offers this list of relaxation techniques:
1. Progressive relaxation, which is consciously relaxing the muscles from your toes to your head and everything between.
2. Toe tensing involves lying down, pointing the toes toward the face, and holding for 10 seconds before relaxing the toes and repeating.
3. Breathing in deeply for eight to 10 seconds, holding the breath for one to two seconds, and slowly releasing.
4. Guided imagery, which involves closing your eyes and visualizing a happy, peaceful place.
5. Quiet ears, in which you lie down with hands beneath the head, then block the ear canals with the thumbs. Hold this position for 10 seconds to 15 seconds.