Extra should be considered extra

Author Topic: Extra should be considered extra  (Read 40352 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Financial Success & how to achieve it?
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
Financial Success & how to achieve it?

These factors may include problems being solved, financial or other performance targets to be achieved. Where the factor is a fuzzy one (such as users being happy), this should be expressed in measurable terms. A good success factor should always be testable.

Many years ago I made the decision that I wanted to become financially successful, yet I was never taught in school or at home exactly how to achieve this goal.

What is it that makes one man march forward all his life, accomplishing, earning, and multiplying his wealth and his happiness - while another man never gets started? What is it that gives one man great personal power, but leaves another ineffectual? What makes one man able to see his way through any problem, finds his path over all the rough spots of life to the fulfillment of his dearest dreams - while another struggles, fails, ends nowhere"? The answers to these questions were exactly what I was searching for. I got out my highlighter and began to score every word or sentence which I felt may when united provide the insight needed to fulfill my dream.

According to Napoleon:"Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire". As soon as I read the words I was struck with the thought - the ultimate goal is to make money.

by one of my students
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Extra should be considered extra
« Reply #136 on: June 22, 2011, 05:09:09 PM »
Dear students
There is no alternative  to good education, appropriate knowledge and good behavior in order to set a successful life, be it in any profession.

Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Study plan
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2011, 01:59:48 PM »
Phase 1:    Read or preview chapter(s) to be covered in class…       
before class. (Create chapter maps)

Phase 2:   Listen actively, take notes, participate  in class.

Phase 3:    Review and process class notes as  soon after class as       
possible or as soon as you get home that day. Don't leave anything for tomorrow.

Phase 4:   Intense Study Session.

Repeat   

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
intense study session
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
2-5   minutes:      Set goals for next 40 min.

20-40 minutes:      Read text more selectively
            Highlight important information
            Make doodles/notes in margins
            Create mnemonics that means create key words or techniques to remember
            Create concept maps

5   minutes      Review what you have just studied

10 minutes      Take a break

To doodle means to draw picture or patterns while thinking about something else or when you are bored

Repeat
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:07:09 PM by shibli »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Re: Extra should be considered extra
« Reply #139 on: June 27, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »
http://www.100studytips.com/topics/business-study-tips.html

http://www.100studytips.com/topics/english-study-tips.html?gclid=CIeU-OeK1qkCFcoc6wodgTr6dA

Take Time to Rewrite Notes after a Lecture
One of the best things that you easily can do, and one of the great English study tips, is to rewrite your notes when you leave a lecture or a class - this is a great practice. When you do this, it can help a lot because you actually start to retain information as you write down more and more of it. When you go over everything, it will make sense to you and it will be easy when you need to use those notes to actually study. You’ll have organized notes that will make it so easy to walk through everything when you need to sit down and study.

Find a Study Group to Help You
Another great option for English study tips is to form a study group. As English study tips, a study group is a great idea because it will allow you to get with your peers and see what is going to work the best. You can sit down together and go over everything and ensure that you are picking up what you need to. Plus, generally, when you put heads together, it makes it easy to come up with missing information and find an answer.

If you need to figure out some great English study tips, there are a lot of great little things that will help you get the most out of your classes. You want to make sure that you are getting the best grades that you can from your classes. With the right study tips, it is going to really help you get the most out of your classes and get the best grades that you can, which should be your goal. Look at options for English study tips and see how you can effectively study for your classes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:28:32 PM by shibli »