Extra should be considered extra

Author Topic: Extra should be considered extra  (Read 40712 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
Re: Extra should be considered extra
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »
If someone obtains a defendable geade, s/he is in the safer position.
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »
"Far have I travelled, and much have I seen"; And yet the winds tell me, there's still more to be seen!...
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline Rashed_019

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
Sir i will try to use your advice in my life

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Having a sense of purpose!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 01:27:42 PM »
Dear students
Sense of Purpose gets you out of bed in the morning with a mission.  It’s about creating a life that has meaning behind your actions.

Many people get a sense of purpose from their work lives and relationships.  Unless your work has meaning to it, you can feel unfulfilled and directionless.  Suddenly, when your work reflects what you are passionate about, there’s an energy force that carries you through the day.  You feel engaged and activated.

When your relationships with friends, co-workers, and family are synergistic, you have a sense of purpose that fills out the moment.  Surrounding yourself with meaningful people fills out your life and brings things into sharper focus.

A student must have a sense of purpose. It's not just about having vision only, it's also about every day's missions and objectives. An accomplishment of a small objective leads to fulfilling long term vision and goals. You have to carry your sense of purpose in your mind and heart every moment. You have to feel it, feel the urge to fulfill your objectives daily. Little success leads to bigger achievement.....
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Having a sense of purpose!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2010, 10:29:36 AM »

My sense of purpose drives me to do at least a good deed every day as Allah says in the glorious Qur'an in Surah Asar,

Verily humankind is in loss, except those who do righteous deeds, advise people (one another) to the truth, and to patience and perseverance. 

Offline papelrezwan

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:31 AM »
As students should not always run for CGPA, as they should not always run for Extra Curricular Activities. The students who can manage both of them ultimately they will be gainer. This managing capacity is unavailable to the students so that they should be more careful about this fact.
I know someone who is very expert in event management but he got a CGPA 2.56 out of 4 and for this reason still he did not get a good job as he cant apply anywhere due to lack of requirement.
Md. Rezwanur Rahman
MBA, BBA,
Student Counselor,
Daffodil International University
Executive Member, DIUAA
Cell: 01713493051, 01717352538
E-mail: rezwan@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 11:19:07 AM »
Dear students

Please have a sense of purpose. Please think and have meaning behind what you do and try to understand why you do what you do and thus live the life you want to lead......

warmly

Offline papelrezwan

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 02:03:30 PM »
As students should not always run for CGPA, as they should not always run for Extra Curricular Activities. The students who can manage both of them ultimately they will be gainer. This managing capacity is unavailable to the students so that they should be more careful about this fact.
I know someone who is very expert in event management but he got a CGPA 2.56 out of 4 and for this reason still he did not get a good job as he cant apply anywhere due to lack of requirement.
Md. Rezwanur Rahman
MBA, BBA,
Student Counselor,
Executive Member, DIUAA
Cell: 01713493051, 01717352538
E-mail: rezwan@daffodilvarsity.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »
Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

Talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

Make all your friends feel there is something in them.

Look at the sunny side of everything.

Think only of the best, work only

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
Dear Shibli sir

I agree with your speeches specially this sentences Please have a sense of purpose. Please think and have meaning behind what you do and try to understand why you do what you do and thus live the life you want to lead......
 Sense of Purpose is…

* Having meaning behind what you do
    * Creating work that you care about
    * Developing synergistic relationships
    * Understanding why you do what you do
    * Living the life you want to lead

yes you are right ...I add something about extracurricular activities..In outside Bangladesh think that extracurricular activity should not be considered extra...It included study and in Bangladesh some people think that it just extra but  research was performed on the claim of fact that students involved in extracurricular activities receive higher grades than those not involved in activities..In addition, activities improve the overall student...Therefore, they help students to receive better grades by teaching them character building lessons, teaching them lifelong skills, saving some at risk students who would possibly drop out of University, and helping students develop social skills.

Education is not solely learned by reading the textbook for students can learn an incredible amount from their peers through extracurricular activities. Students learn how to compromise and work in a group. Extracurricular activities also allow students to meet and interact with peers that may not be within their close group of friends.....

Yes i also know that sometimes students can not maintain both of this...But they should try to maintain in all this....

Thank you
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »
Dear Bidita
I agree with your view. I never said extra curriculum is not important. In foreign countries, scholarship committee considers a student's extra curricular activities in order to grant scholarship. But my point was we often emphasis more on extra rather than core responsibilities. For example, if Grameen Phone starts giving more and more value added services without giving smooth network frequency, will you buy GP? You will never. Because network is the core benefit for a subscriber. In the night of SOBE-BARAT, we offer NAFAL Namaz which is extra by ignoring FARAZ namaz. Allah will not perhaps grant NAFAL if we don't offer FARAZ. A person can be successful by reading, learning the communication skills and by associating with smarter people- said by a writer. So, you know reading is the core skill of education...

"Read, read and read, you will be a dignified person". The more you read, the more you learn.

Warmly
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:02:53 AM by shibli »

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 07:00:07 PM »
Extracurricular activities can empower students to make their own decisions and help them gain vital experience and skills to lead them on the path to their future.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2010, 07:15:46 PM »
Dear Shahin
If you cannot maintain a minimum CGPA-3, it will be hard for you to get a job. Most good organizations ask for CGPA-3.5. If you don't want to do a job, if you want to be an entrepreneur, i mean if you want to start your own business, want to be boss of your own business, you also have to study a lot; and if you study a lot, it will be easy for you to get a good CGPA. CGPA is logical sequence........

Take care

Warmly
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 10:09:21 AM by shibli »

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2010, 07:21:48 PM »
Dear sir

Thank yo. Remember,we have discussed about this fact before. I always appreciate you. You are my teacher & I'm your student. I don't know more than you.
 It is proved that, without good CGPA it is hard to get job. Even in the latest platform of Bangladesh sometimes the good CGPA also can't help us for lack of job vacancy. Its a big & challenging problem for us. I'm looking for a statistic related about this.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 07:34:03 PM by kazi shahin »
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2010, 07:22:14 PM »
Dear Shibli sir

I focus only  Extra activity should not considered extra.....I do not mention anything about our main job....
FARAZ namaz is important but Sunnat or NAFAL is also important.....Sunnat or Nafal gives us more NEKI......its good for our next life means after death..
We will do both.......

Thank you for your cooperation

Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
latifa@diu.edu.bd