Extra should be considered extra

Author Topic: Extra should be considered extra  (Read 40306 times)

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
SENSE OF PURPOSE
« Reply #90 on: November 28, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »
In order to get out of boredom, students can enjoy reading for pleasure. They can do according to their hobbies like writing diary etc. Secondly, he or she can watch good programmes on TV. I watch Peace TV.

Some students waste time talking over phone unnecessarily while others waste time outside not knowing the priorities of their lives....for example: one of my friend's father spent most of his time busy with his career without giving any suitable time to his wife, who should have been given top priority. Now she is in mental disorder.

As a child, i used to play football and cricket too much. My mother rebuked me time and again. I didn't listen to her. As a result of that, i didn't get chance in medical college and BUET. I used to spend  a lot of time outside gossiping with my friends, now i understand i could have spent my time in preparing myself for TOEFL and GMAT and could have earned a scholarship.

We, people, don't understand many things on the moment we do. But we realize it in the hard way in the long run when it's too late and we pay the price of it..

Here lies the importance of peer advice, counseling and guidance.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:35:16 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Re: Extra should be considered extra
« Reply #91 on: November 28, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
Mr.Shibli Sir you are fully right. I strongly agree with you.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2010, 06:42:53 PM »
I totally agree with Mr. Shibli Shahriar. If we don't give priority to the people and things that we are supposed to give, one day will come we will understand we have lost many things.

Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Recklessness created by Technology
« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »
As i said earlier, students should have their sense of purpose. Some students think that they have sense of purpose but they don't comprehend this in practice as i feel. Most of them are going to astray. They just indulge their time hanging out with friends and classmates. Also, many of them are wasting time talking over phone with their friends unnecessarily while others are wasting it outside home in gossiping or chatting. They don't know the priories of their lives. Right or wrong can be discussed later, they don't even know what they are doing and why they are doing. The purpose of doing something is the most important thing. "One of the most key prerequisite of success is concentration. One has to pay his/her highest concentration if he or she desires to achieve a goal and to create a concentration, isolation is always mandatory. But how is it possible? Everyone got at least one cell phone in his/her hand and it is really hard to maintain the rule of switching off the phone.

A vital lecture is going on in the class and text messaging is going on at the same time which is ensuring a physical presence of a student in the class, not the mental presence.

The level of concentration that the students need over the night before the day of exam is no longer possible due to the unlimited use of mobile phones and internet. One is always under the access of other people which is never letting him/her to go into the depth of a subject and resulting a special type of education which is actually shallow and hazy. And the students who are going to the job market with this shallow education will never be able to contribute something for his/her personal life or for the nation either."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 04:03:28 PM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline nasir760

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2010, 05:04:02 PM »
Sir,You are absolutely right. we should prioritize our task according to the importance. 
Md. Nasir Hossain
Coordination Officer
Evening Program
FSIT
Cell:01911395263

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
misuse of internet
« Reply #95 on: December 05, 2010, 10:48:37 AM »
The Internet was originally designed to facilitate communication and research activities. However, the dramatic increase in the use of the Internet in recent years has led to internet addiction and misuse, especially among the youth.

The use of internet is rapidly growing in all spheres of life due to the enormous amount of information it offers, virtually rebounding answer to every possible query you make. However, if not used for constructive purpose, this immensely useful technology can also backfire. Some findings are as follows:

(1) boys spend more time online, surfing the web and playing violent games, while girls chat or shop online;

(2) Internet use causes social isolation and depression, especially for teens; and

(3) the youth misuse the Internet for anonymous identity experimentation.

Different studies are carried out to analyze the misuse of internet among the youth and how it may affect their education, health and career.

We should try to stop or cut down the misuse among children and young generation by using filtering software, by educating the parents and telling them to monitor their children and keep a check of the websites visited by their children.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13951719/misuse-of-internet-among-children
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 01:13:59 PM by shibli »

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Support Group
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2010, 02:28:33 PM »
Everybody needs a "support group." Your "support group" can include family members, friends, neighbors, co-workers, a mentor on the job, teachers and coaches. It must feature people who share your directions or who have already traveled successfully in the directions you want to go.

Offline shamsi

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2010, 02:54:47 PM »
Today,I have observed presentations of some of my students.They are asked to share their individual passions and its effects on their lives.To my surprise,I found many of them mentioning cyber games,internet browsing,gossiping with friends by cell phone and the like.But it is a matter of optimism that they have a realization of its harmful effect too.Now,my question is,when people are aware of the negative effects,why they can not just drop it?

Shamsi
Department of English

Offline shibli

• Faculty
    • View Profile
Priorities of life
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2010, 12:04:58 PM »
We will be successful and eventually be happy when we get to know the priorities of our activities and act upon them. Many students don't know what they are doing and why they are doing so. They are just after vague(false) pleasure in wasting their valuable time. They are not being able to justify where real pleasure lies in doing anything. Thanks Samsi madam for your reply.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 12:13:09 PM by shibli »

Offline nature

• I love my University
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2010, 09:41:40 PM »
Study skills is very helpful for all students if they must obey it and maintain it. Thansk sir.
Name: Md. Faruque Hossain
ID: 142-14-1436
Department of MBA
Daffodil International  University
Email:faruque_1362@diu.edu.bd

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
Re: Priorities of life
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
We will be successful and eventually be happy when we get to know the priorities of our activities and act upon them. Many students don't know what they are doing and why they are doing so. They are just after vague(false) pleasure in wasting their valuable time. They are not being able to justify where real pleasure lies in doing anything.

Sir, this is just what everybody don't meant about.........................It is strongly needed for us to sense the "sense of purpose"........................
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline aunoo

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2010, 09:57:06 PM »
we know that the first and formost duty of a student of a student is to study. Apart from this there should have some extra curriculumn activities to have fun and to make enjoyment in life. Though in this present situetion we r mostly giving priority the second one. After that feel repulsion about that....... >:(
Kazi Md. Anayate-A-Alahi
Dep:BBA
Sec:B
Id:101-11-1379
Cell:01723868348

Offline goodboy

• "Find your ways, Built your inspiration."
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2010, 03:43:18 PM »
Please aunoo.............give your signature in your profile...............
& yes..............today many more are doing preferably the extracurricular acts than study..........but you should realize the gravity of the necessity for study..............don't get agitated..............be positive.........

We must follow the majority...............means after study...............then you can enjoy anything..........  & impulsion differs to people from people................it varies............
Md. Abul Hossain Shajib.
101-11-1375
Department of BBA, Sec:B.
25th Batch.
Daffodil International University.
Email: shajib_1375@diu.edu.bd
Admin Executive
creative.bd

Offline shaikat

• Its simple..
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2010, 08:40:03 AM »
It is true...
Moheuddin Ahmed Shaikat
Administrative Officer
Department of CSE
Daffodil International University

Offline Golam Kibria

• Working for a better life
    • View Profile
    • Golam Kibria
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2010, 02:07:13 PM »
Extra should be mantioned extra.Because our main work of our life is important for our life.We work for our main purpose.After complete our main work we can participate in many extra works. It can be done.For that we can shine in our practical life.
Golam Kibria
ID:101-11-1373 (BBA)
Asst.Offic, Bangladesh Skill Development Institute
Ex.Lecturer,SEBGC
Email : golam_1373@diu.edu.bd
http://www.golamkibria.com
Mob:01843674226
Digital University: http://www.daffodilvarsity.edu.bd
Bangladeshi Poems, Novels and history: http://www.trulybangladesh.com