Active Learning and Teaching Tools

Author Topic: Active Learning and Teaching Tools  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Shampa Iftakhar

• Test
    • View Profile
Active Learning and Teaching Tools
« on: October 31, 2013, 11:16:39 AM »
Teachers in the the private universities are always asked to ensure quality education keeping in mind the standrad of our students. Now should we go through the text only?Shouldn't we use multimedia while teaching literature?Does it (using multimedia) mean that we are skipping our duties?What's about literary analysis of a particular text?

Dear Teachers I need your fair opinions.

Offline A.S. Rafi

• View Profile
Re: Active Learning and Teaching Tools
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 12:01:52 PM »
A common response would be, "well it depends" on the teacher and also on the subject matter. When the class is thoroughly based on discussion, I try to avoid multimedia as it might distract the students but when I need to show illustrations, multimedia is the best tool! But how come using multimedia becomes a way of skipping duties? Can you please clarify the point?
Abu Saleh Md. Rafi
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English.
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil International University.

Offline Shampa Iftakhar

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »
Rafi:

Your required answer also depends on many things. Methodology  of teaching varies from teacher to teacher. It never means " I am  best". Rather your performance in the class will be justified by students.Important to note that we are supposed to use teaching tool (whatever it it) if it benefits the students.

"Skipping duties"!!!! The term is very vague.I am searching the real nature of its meaning.

Offline Shampa Iftakhar

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
For more about active learning, please go through the article titled "Using
Active Learning Instructional Strategies to Create Excitement and Enhance Learning" by Jim Eison.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 03:04:39 PM by Shampa Iftakhar »