1. First, decide exactly what you want to do in future. Clarity is the starting point of great success. Which career will you love to pursue after 5 to 10 years?
2. Second, write it down, in detail, and set a deadline. Set sub-deadlines if necessary.
3. Third, determine the additional knowledge, skills, and abilities you will need to achieve your career goal—and how you will acquire them.
4. Fourth, determine the obstacles and difficulties you will have to overcome to reach your career goal, and organize them in order of size and importance.
5. Fifth, determine the people, groups, and organizations whose help you will require, and decide what you will have to do for them to earn their assistance.
6. Sixth, make a detailed plan, broken down by activity and organized by priority and sequence. What is most important? What must be done first? What must be done before something else is done?
7. Seventh, how you are going to take action on your career plan immediately. How you are going to do something every day to move toward your goal. _Brian Tracy