Achoo!

Author Topic: Achoo!  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Antara11

• Senior Lecturer, English Dept.
    • View Profile
Achoo!
« on: November 26, 2013, 05:52:19 PM »
Achoo! We all sneeze sometimes. Sneezing is a reflex that your body does automatically. That means you cannot make yourself sneeze or stop one once it has started. When you sneeze, your body is trying to get rid of bad things in your nose, such as bacteria. You have extra germs when you have a cold, so you sneeze a lot more. You might also sneeze when you smell pepper!
Inside your nose, there are hundreds of tiny hairs. These hairs filter the air you breathe. Sometimes dust and pollen find their way through these hairs and bother your nasal passages. The nerves in the lining of your nose tell your brain that something is invading your body.
Your brain, lungs, nose, mouth, and the muscles of your upper body work together to blow away the invaders with a sneeze. When you sneeze, germs from your nose get blown into the air. Using a tissue or “sneezing into your sleeve” captures most of these germs. It is very important to wash your hands after you sneeze into them, especially during cold and flu season.
Do you ever sneeze when you walk into bright sunlight? Some people say that happens to them often. Scientists believe the UV rays of the sun irritate the nose lining of these people so they sneeze.

If someone nearby sneezes, remember to tell them “Gesundheit!” That is a funny-looking word which is pronounced “gezz-oont-hite.” It is the German word that wishes someone good health after sneezing.
Antara Basak
Senior Lecturer
Dept. of English

Offline Tahsina

• Test
    • View Profile
Re: Achoo!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
Like we say 'God bless you' in English or 'Alhamdulillah' in Arabic. :)
Tahsina Yasmin
Associate Professor
Department of English, DIU

Offline R B Habib

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:13:19 PM »
Good...Alhamdulillah but if u wanna c how sneezing can b life-taking, hell like experience, please be with me. I hate sneezing in spite of all bacteria blown away mechanism in it and all.
Anyway, thanks for posting apu. at least I could blow away some grudge against Sneezing.
Rabeya Binte Habib
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil Int. University

Offline Antara11

• Senior Lecturer, English Dept.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 01:51:37 AM »
Dear Rabeya,

I know how you feel as I have gone through the way years ago. Now I have gor recovered from it.

God bless you.
Antara Basak
Senior Lecturer
Dept. of English

Offline R B Habib

• Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »
Help help help Apu....Help me. What was it? How? From where? which doctor? Which medicine?
Rabeya Binte Habib
Senior Lecturer,
Department of English
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Daffodil Int. University