(1) A worker who desires to obtain leave of absence shall apply to the
employer for the same in writing stating his leave address therein.
(2) The employer or his authoresses officer shall issue orders on the application whthin seen days of
the application or two days prior to the commencement of leave applied for, whichever is earlier;
Provided that if due to urgent reasons the leave applied for is to commence on the date of
application or within three days thereof the order shall be given on the same day.
(3) If the leave asked for is granted, a leave pass shall be issued to the worker.
(4) If the leave asked for is refused or postponed the fact of such refusal or postponement, and the
reasons thereof shall be communicated to the worker before the date on which the leave was
expected to be commenced. and shall also be recorded in a register to be maintained by the
employer for the purpose.
(5) If the worker, after convincing of leave, desires an extension thereof, he shall, if such leave is
due to him, apply sufficiently in advance before the expiry of the leave to the employer who shall,
as far as practicable send a written reply either granting or refusing extension of leave to the worker
to his leave-address.