Positive leadership at Daffodil International University

Author Topic: Positive leadership at Daffodil International University  (Read 7040 times)

Offline ashiqbest012

• I love my University
    • View Profile
Re: Positive leadership at Daffodil International University
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 05:00:03 AM »
You are right Mr. Rumman sir. I agree with you.
Name: Ashiq Hossain
ID: 121-14-696 & 083-11-558
Faculty of Business & Economics
Daffodil International University
Cell:01674-566806

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 08:42:27 AM »
Dear All,
I strongly believe that positive leadership and positive organizational behavior are activities our social fabric needs to learn, embrace and develop.  In keeping with this, we can frame comments positively and conversations and discussions that develop from this forum further the optimism, hope, and faithful experiences.

Positive Bangladesh is for positive leadership dynamics is a consulting group that focuses specifically on positive leadership development, positive living strategies, and positive organizational behavior.  Our belief is that individuals, leaders, organizations and teams achieve the greatest potential when a positive, solution-focused and strengths-based approach pervaded organizational culture.

Hope we will be able to create a clear picture about Positive Bangladesh campaign by end of this year. A series of activities is under process at this moment.

Please join us!

Regards,

Raju

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:44:04 AM by raju »
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline raju

• Faculty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »
Dear Papon:

Greetings!

May be you will be agreed that the root of much unhappiness is comparison. Comparison gets in the way of healthy self-appreciation — and thus happiness – more than anything else. Because of comparison, hardly anybody is ever happy with what they get and nothing’s ever good enough for practically everybody. That’s because we measure our success in anything by comparing it to what others have or to what we have had before.
In other words, whether you are happy with what you get depends on how it measures up to some norm. That norm depends on two things: what other people get (social comparison), and what you yourself are used to getting (habituation). It is hard for success in any form (money, status, prestige, and so on) to improve your happiness because as actual success rises, the norm by which success is judged rises in step.

A study, for instance, found Olympic bronze medalists to be happier than silver medalists. The bronze medalists, it turns out, tended to compare themselves with all the people who competed but won no medal at all, while the silver medalists compared themselves with the gold medal winners and tortured themselves with the belief that they could have – should have – won the gold. Similarly, in families, it has been found that the more your spouse earns, the less satisfied you are with your own job.

Because we constantly compare ourselves to others, we don’t feel good about what we have and who we are. The grass seems greener in neighbor’s lawn. Continuing with this metaphor, it might be said that the grass always seems to be greener in neighbor’s yard because (1) we’re urinating on our own lawn and (2) looking at neighbor’s lawn from our lawn, and everything looks better from a distance. There is only one solution to this “grass is greener” problem: practicing self-appreciation. Self-appreciation involves both staying off of other people’s lawns and taking care of your own.

Let’s try to be happy with your selection!

Regards,

Raju

Dear friend Ashiq

I respect your opinion. As you are peaceful student, so authority should respect our demand and solve all of our demand.

I hope university will provide us all of facilities like EWU, NSU, BU.

Thank you
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 09:24:23 AM by raju »
Syed Mizanur Rahman
Head, General Educational Development &
Director of Students' Affairs, DIU

Offline shibli

• Faculty
  • God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 10:17:50 AM »
I totally agree with Raju Bhai that the root cause of much unhappiness of human beings is that they compare what they have with others. Raju bhai has got a car, i don't have. So, i am unhappy. Truly hardly anybody is ever happy with what he or she gets. That’s because we estimate our successes in anything by comparing it to what others have or to what we have had before. Also, we hardly ever count our blessings and be happy with what we have.

We, people always tend to grumble and complain about what we don't get without counting the blessings and benefits of what we already have and what we are enjoying now. I think we want more and more out of life.

Let's appreciate what we already have rather than cry over what we don't have. Let's be happy with whatever we have. Things couldn't be better because things could be worse.

Let's believe in Only one GOD who is the Sustainer, and Cherisher and HE provides us the best what we deserve either in this world or in the Hereafter. Let us all be positive, shan't we?    
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:15:26 AM by shibli »
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline lincon-bre-02

• Hello is it me??? Looking for..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 10:27:29 AM »
Mr Ashiq Just I've to say I respect your opinion .....
Samiul Islam Lincoln
Department Of BRE
083-27-104
Cell: +880 11960712988
         +880 1717749960
E-mail: lincon-bre-02@diu.edu.bd,
          si_lincon@yahoo.com

"want to be a human than a student"

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 12:34:50 AM »
Dear all

It is very difficult to find out the definition of happiness or satisfaction because, it varies man to man. There is a common logical & practical definition of happiness or satisfaction.  The defamation states that “If your enough is enough, then & only then you are happy”. But unfortunately human demand is infinitive. For the lack of satisfaction people sometime behalf like unbalanced. He/she has just become forget about the ability he/she coped yet.

There is some word, called starting. Such as, begging, developing, trying etc.

The above word is not appropuate for all, I mean we are not worthy for all. But we demand it without any judgment, any logic.

Let me share an experience of mine.
Often I used to go university by counter bus or direct bus. But there are many people use general public bus. But I don’t. What does it mean; it means that I have ability for better. But If I want to rent a taxi daily, I can’t. My family also doesn’t agree to do this because of their ability.

But we can develop ourselves day by day to increase our ability for better. It does not come to you in a day. You have to be patient.

Of course we are living a good life & we aspect better. The word developing soon turn into develop. It is best to proper use the present so that we can turn into developed from developing. Unfortunately we are upset after seen others. You should remember (that earlier I have mentioned some word beginning, developing, and staring) there is a staring of everything. You can’t start from 100 rather 0, 1, 2 ……..

It’s a shame for us that we are insulting ourselves. You can ask me, how? My answer is when you are comparing you with others then you are insulting yourself.

Let’s move for better by proper using of our present potentiality & asset.

Regards
Kazi shahin.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:57:23 AM by kazi shahin »
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline mamun

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 12:05:32 AM »
"Peaceful Thoughts come from Peaceful Mind"
Professor Rafiqul Islam
Dean, FBE

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 05:16:38 PM »
A friendly environment can help you to develop your mind better.
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline rumman

• DIU is the best
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »
Dear Kazi Shahin,

Thanks for your positing. Of course a peaceful environment is essential for all to develop your mind better. So, it is our responsibility to keep the environment peaceful and cool.  
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 03:12:01 PM by rumman »
Md. Abdur Rumman Khan
Senior Assistant Registrar