FRIEND QUOTES

Author Topic: FRIEND QUOTES  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
FRIEND QUOTES
« on: July 27, 2010, 01:18:02 PM »
True friendship is like sound health, the value of it is seldom known until it is lost."
- Charles Caleb Colton

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
- Anon

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Walk beside me and be my friend.
- Albert Camus

"Friends are the bacon bits in the salad bowl of life."
- Anon

"Friendship is one mind in two bodies."
- Mencius

"If you should die before me, ask if you can bring a  friend."
- Stone Temple Pilots
"If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I would be at the bottom to catch them."
- Anon

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."
- Anon

"We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
-Tim McGraw

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart."
- Anon

"Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher."
Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.  That's why it is a comfort to go hand in hand." ~Emily Kimbrough~

"People are like stained glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." ~Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

If you have one true friend, you have more than your share. ~Thomas Fuller~

“When it hurts to look back, and you're scared to look ahead, you can look beside you and your best friend will be there.”

"Together forever, never apart.  Maybe in distance, but never in heart.”

"Promise you won't forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave."
~Winnie the Pooh~

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."
~Walter Winchell~

If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I would not follow, I would be at the bottom to catch them when they fall.
~Source Unknown~
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
Re: FRIEND QUOTES
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »
"If I had one gift that I could give you, my friend, it would be the ability to see yourself as others see you, because only then would you know how extremely special you are."
~B.A. Billingsly~

"A true friend is someone who knows there's something wrong even when you have the biggest smile on your face."

“The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.” ~Unknown~

"It is by chance we met . . .
By choice we became friends."

"Tears may come and go,
But there's one thing I know.
All my life you're a friend of mine.
You can depend on me.
I'll be fine...

'Cause you're a friend of mine."-Clarence Clemens

“One can't complain. I have my friends. Why, someone spoke to me only yesterday.” ~Eeyore~

“Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait to hear the answer”

“How lucky I am to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye to” ~Unknown~

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light." ~Helen Keller~

"A circle is round it has no end, that's how long I want to be your friend!" ~Anonymous~

"It takes years to build up trust, and just seconds to destroy it." ~Source Unknown~

A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad.  ~Arnold H. Glasgow

Yesterday brought the beginning, tomorrow brings the end, and somewhere in the middle we became the best of friends.  ~Author Unknown

A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.  ~Donna Roberts

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.  ~Author Unknown

Soul-mates are people who bring out the best in you.  They are not perfect but are always perfect for you.  ~Author Unknown

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow.  If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder.  If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow.  If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile.  But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.  ~Author Unknown

A friend is the one who comes in when the whole world has gone out.  ~Grace Pulpit

There are big ships and small ships.  But the best ship of all is friendship.  ~Author Unknown

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.  ~Author Unknown
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 01:19:52 PM »
A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked.  ~Author Unknown

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels.  ~Author Unknown

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.  ~Marlene Dietrich

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.  ~Attributed to Heather Pryor

What is a friend?  A single soul dwelling in two bodies.  ~Aristotle

I like her because she smiles at me and means it.  ~Anonymous

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.  That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.  ~Emily Kimbrough

Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.  "Pooh!" he whispered.  "Yes, Piglet?"  "Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw.  "I just wanted to be sure of you."  ~A.A. Milne

Hold a true friend with both your hands.  ~Nigerian Proverb

Are we not like two volumes of one book?  ~Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

Some people come into our lives and quickly go.  Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.  ~Flavia Weedn, Forever, © Flavia.com

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.  ~Oprah Winfrey

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.  ~Lois Wyse
A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself.  ~Frances Ward Weller

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should.  ~Author Unknown

Friends are relatives you make for yourself.  ~Eustache Deschamps

You can always tell a real friend:  when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job.  ~Laurence J. Peter

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.  ~Douglas Pagels

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.  ~Leo Buscaglia

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.  ~Sicilian Proverb

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.  ~Elisabeth Foley

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand.  The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares.  ~Henri Nouwen

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.  It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.  We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.  ~Albert Schweitzer

True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable.  ~Dave Tyson Gentry

Some people go to priests; others to poetry; I to my friends.  ~Virginia Woolf

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.  ~Henry David Thoreau

She is a friend of mind.  She gather me, man.  The pieces I am, she gather them and give them back to me in all the right order.  It's good, you know, when you got a woman who is a friend of your mind.  ~Toni Morrison, Beloved

Nothing but heaven itself is better than a friend who is really a friend.  ~Plautus

If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give.  ~George MacDonald

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 01:20:40 PM »
Silences make the real conversations between friends.  Not the saying but the never needing to say is what counts.  ~Margaret Lee Runbeck, Answer Without Ceasing

Yes we are [friends] and I do like to pass the day with you in serious and inconsequential chatter.  I wouldn't mind washing up beside you, dusting beside you, reading the back half of the paper while you read the front.  We are friends and I would miss you, do miss you and think of you very often.  I don't want to lose this happy space where I have found someone who is smart and easy and doesn't bother to check her diary when we arrange to meet.  ~Jeanette Winterson, Written on the Body, 1992

It takes a long time to grow an old friend.  ~John Leonard

The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.  ~William Blake

A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.  ~William Penn

I always felt that the great high privilege, relief and comfort of friendship was that one had to explain nothing.  ~Katherine Mansfield

We have been friends together
In sunshine and in shade.
~Caroline Sheridan Norton

Friends are the sailors who guide your rickety boat safely across the dangerous waters of life.  ~Sare and Cate

The friend who holds your hand and says the wrong thing is made of dearer stuff than the one who stays away.  ~Barbara Kingsolver

There is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul.  ~Edith Wharton

I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.  ~Robert Brault

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive.  ~Anäis Nin

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ah, how good it feels!  The hand of an old friend.  ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Friendship is one mind in two bodies.  ~Menclus

In my friend, I find a second self.  ~Isabel Norton

A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere.  Before him I may think aloud.  I am arrived at last in the presence of a man so real and equal, that I may drop even those undermost garments of dissimulation, courtesy, and second thought, which men never put off, and may deal with him with the simplicity and wholeness with which one chemical atom meets another.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.  ~Swedish Proverb

Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.  ~Dinah Craik

I felt it shelter to speak to you.  ~Emily Dickinson

No road is long with good company.  ~Turkish Proverb

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.  ~Marcel Proust

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
HISTORY OF FRIENDSHIP DAY
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 02:01:34 PM »
The National Friendship Day is celebrated every year on the first Sunday in August. There is not much history that can be garnered for this day except the fact that the US Congress proclaimed this day as the Friendship Day in the year 1935.

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

“Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13-15

Thus speaks The Bible about the warmest of all bonds—friendship. The Bible, the most primary text of the western civilization, reflects upon friendship as the bond that forms the foundation to human faith, trust and companionship. There are innumerable tales from the Old Testament as well as the New Testament about the value of friendship and how true friendship is a treasure to unearth. Both the versions make a difference between the two broad meanings of friendship—one is a mere acquaintance, the other is a more affectionate relation. These stories and examples have passed into western literary and cultural realms. In the Old Testament Abraham is called the “friend of God” because of the intimacy of his relations. God speaks to Moses face to face “as a man…unto his friend” (Ex 33:11). The romantic friendship of Ruth and Naomi, the devotion of the subordinate Hushai for David, or the mutual relation between David and Jonathan—the Old Testament is replete with these interesting tales of friendship.

In the New Testament, the relationship between Jesus and his disciples is the most primal example of how human friendship can constantly grow. From being teacher and disciple to lord and servant their relationship finally grew to an unparalleled friendship.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
Friendship Day Celebration
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 02:02:39 PM »
celebration was a way of life then Friendship Day celebration would be its most myriad expression. Trust, support, loyalty, understanding, empathy, intimacy, conflict, anger—there are more emotions to this bond than words would allow. Each moment spent with a friend is a moment added to time—moments that give us in turn an understanding of who we are, why we exist, what our purpose is in living. The insight is an enriching experience of recognizing how friendship can be the means and ends to our lives. Friendship Day celebrates this outstanding bond of human kind. Celebration of friendship is knowing this marvel that we call by so many names—chums, pals, buddies, mates ! They come in many sizes, shapes and guises. From school pals to work colleagues, from siblings to partners, parents to pets to neighbors to internet friends—let the feeling grow manifolds to the appreciation of this alliance.

Friendship Day is the perfect chance to let your friends know how much they are needed and prized. Of course the best way to go about it is to be a fantastic favorable friend yourself. So let your emotions loose ! Write a poem, send a card, shower them with flowers, load them with gifts or simply set up a Friendship Day party—there can be as many ways to celebrate Friendship Day as you can imagine. There can be ideas galore for your Friendship Day celebration. So go ahead. Feel happily lost in this warm surge.

Offline Shamim Ansary

• View Profile
Friendship Day Party Ideas
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »
When friends are around and you’re all perked up to celebrate Friendship Day at full tilt, what’s a better way to do it other than throw a Friendship Day party ? So decide where to party, how to party, what to include in menu, what to play on the jukebox so on and so forth. Once that’s done, call up your buddies and just have your fling !

Now here are some Friendship Day party ideas for you to check out:
First things first. Why not get the fun on with some funky invitation cards for your Friendship Day party ? Consider designing them with a funny cartoon, a few good jokes, and some nice quotes or with your own signature message straight from the heart. Make it as colorful and attractive as possible so that your cool pals can’t wait to drop in at your Friendship Day party !

Next decide the nature of your Friendship Day party. If it’s a day-party, your planning would be a little different from an overnight Friendship Day party, right ? To party through the day, a special Friendship Day cookout at your backyard is always a good idea, especially when it’s the season for the sizzling barbecues, cool lemonades and yummy hotdogs ! Picnicking would be yet another sprightly thought for your Friendship Day party, this again if you’re planning to party daytime. Fill up the picnic hamper with games and goodies and check out how wild ‘wild’ can be when friends are around !

Now if you prefer to party through the night, a Friendship Day dinner party is quite a smart thought to sweep your buds over. Hit your favorite joint with the entire gang, order what you enjoy the best and romp and chomp your way to a total upbeat and zesty fun-time on Friendship Day. Yet another starry idea for the party-freaks of the night is a sleepover party on Friendship Day. It’s quite popular with the kids, but the big ones enjoy it just as much. Or you can also invite your friends for a stargazing party this Friendship Day. For all those, who haven’t experienced what it is to lie under the starry night-sky and watch the stars with people you hold close, it’s definitely a top to-do thing, if not a must !

Once the kind of your Friendship Day party is fixed, start deciding on the menu. Cook up some lip-smacking delicacies this Friendship Day, or you can do it all together having assigned specific tasks to the specific pal-ly heads. Things done together are sometimes quite a thrill ! Try it out for once.

Rent out some movies which give you all a special high. Be it a thriller or a sweet lovey-dovey romantic flick, your Friendship Day should be in sync with what you all enjoy.

If your bunch fancy sports and games, plan up your Friendship Day party accordingly. Settle for an outdoor match or arrange for some fun indoor games. Announcing prizes for every participant witnesses a high rate of participation for obvious reasons. Who doesn’t like to be prized ? Of course we all do. But whoever wins or loses, you’re going to win hearts for sure!

Games, grub alright. But don’t you think the Friendship Day party stays incomplete if you fail to grip your buds in the right rhythm ? So select the music with care. Decide what scores to play on your Friendship Day party. Soft numbers or fast beats ? The golden oldies or some new melodies off the racks ? You decide. It’s your party. Your friends. You will know the best.

Keep the camera ready and keep capturing the precious moments on your Friendship Day party. You may not know the value of these pictures right now, but as the years pass, you’ll treasure them like never before !

Last but not the least, bind your buds in the friendship bond with the friendship bands. You can pick them up from the stores, or make them yourself. Many colorful friendship bands hit the stores much ahead of Friendship Day. Instead of the conventional wristbands, you can go for the friendship bracelets for your women friends. Give them these nice tokens of your love as you wish them all a ‘Happy Friendship Day’ in your Friendship Day party.

Now that all’s set for a grand fling, let your Friendship Day party kick off on a merry high with lots of food, fun, music, smiles and warmth ! Enjoy the wonderful togetherness this Friendship Day and party your tails off !