The Intentions of Fasting (Sawm or Roja)

Author Topic: The Intentions of Fasting (Sawm or Roja)  (Read 1234 times)

Offline kazi shahin

• Fear is not real
    • View Profile
    • Personal website of kazi shahin
The Intentions of Fasting (Sawm or Roja)
« on: August 15, 2010, 05:11:59 PM »
To carry out the orders of Allah and to attain piety as Allah said: “O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become al-Muttaqun (pious)” (Al-Baqarah 2:183)

To get protection from Hell-Fire. Allah’s Messengers (salallahu alyhi wa sallam) said: “When a person fasts for a day, for the sake of Allah, Allah drives away the Hell-Fire from him to a distance of seventy years of traveling.” [Al-Bukhari: 4/52/93 and Muslim 6/2570 to 6/2572]

To expiate one’s past sins. Allah’s Messenger said: “whoever observes Saum (fasting) during the month of Ramadan, out of sincere faith, and hoping to attain Allah’s Rewards, then all his past sins will be forgiven.” [Al-Bukhari 1/2/37 and 3/32/231]

To enter Paradise .Abu Umamah said: I asked the Prophet,’O Allah’s Messenger, guide me to a deed with which I may enter Paradise. “He (salallahu alyhi wa salaam) replied,’ Observe fasting; there is nothing like it.’” [An-Nissai, Ibn Hibban, and al-Hakim]

To get the intercession on the Day of Judgment. “On the Day of Judgment, fasting and Qur’an will intercede for the person who observes fast and recites the Qur’an.” [Ahmed]

To get a granted invocation (supplication).Allah’s Messenger said:’ Three kinds of invocations are to be granted; the invocation of the person who observes fast, the invocation of an oppressed person, and the invocation of a traveler.” [Al-Silsilah as-Sahiha no. 1797]

To enter through the gate of Ar-Rayyan on the Day of Judgement. Allah’s Messenger said: “There is a gate of Ar-Rayyan on The Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it.”
[Al-Bukhari 3/31/120, Muslim 5/2239 and 5/2240].

To receive the reward in full without reckoning. Allah’s Messenger said:’ A man’s good acts are recompensed many times, from ten times to 700 times. Allah, the Exalted, says ‘But a fast is an exception because it is undertaken simply for My Sake) i.e.,there is no limit for it’s recompense) and I, Alone shall bestow the reward for it.’” [Muslim 6/2566 to 6/2568]
Kazi Shahin                   
092-15-795
Department of CSE   
Cell : 01718 699 590
Blood Group: O+
Google + :  https://plus.google.com/u/0/101741817431143727344/about?hl=en
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/kazishahin.rahman
Web : http://www.kazishahin.com/

Offline bidita

• Life does not get easier, you just get stronger.
    • View Profile
    • biditarahman
Re: The Intentions of Fasting (Sawm or Roja)
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:16:09 PM »
yes Shahin
Its a good post i add more thing
Ramadan - Let's Recharge our Imaan Project Avoid/Leave a Bad Habit - Backbiting. A backbiter is called Mughtaab. Gheebah is to talk about your brother/sister in such a manner that he/she would dislike it if told about it. Whether you talk about a physical defect, lineage, manners, conduct, faith...
Bidita Rahman :)
Id: 092-11-956
23rd batch
Department of Business Administration
School of Business
Daffodil International University
latifa@diu.edu.bd