How to Design Digital Circuit and create output waveform using Quartus II (by using Schemetic Diagram)?
Prepared By: Md. Naimul Islam during the laboratory project of Digital Circuit II.
Supervised By: Mst. Najnin Sultana
1.open quartus ll launching icon ,then u will see a window like this 'Fig. 1'
2.select ‘ new project wizard’
3. then u see another window named ‘introduction’. Then click next. 'Fig 2'
3. then u have to select your directory when u see this window like this 'Fig 3'
4.name your project like this type name may anything ,depend on your choice 'Fig 4'
5. click ‘finish’ 'Fig 5'
After that u will see a creating directory like this
6. now you see a name which you already selected by you which on your left side on the window like this 'Fig 6'
7. click ‘file’ – ‘new’ . a little window will appear like this 'Fig 7'
Select ‘block diagram ‘
8. then a window like circuit board will appear like this 'Fig 8'
Select symbol of AND gate , 'Fig 9'
This window will appear and double click the directory-primitives-logic from libraries then u see this 'Fig 10'
You will take your logic gates from here, and also take the input and output pin which also given below in ‘logic’ 'Fig 11'
Pins are like this
You should rename the all inputs and output pins as a,b,c,d and y from there
How : first 1 click on the pin name, then double click there, and write .connect the pin and gates using ur mouse ,just click and hold from head to the gates tail like this 'Fig 12'
9. go to ‘assignments’ –click device and wait for this window 'Fig 13'
Need to select Device family type ‘MAX II’
Click one of them like 5M50ZM64C5 1.8v and click ok
10. save ur project 'Fig 14'
11. go to processing – start compilation 'Fig 15'
And wait for this window
Its take few times, so be patient .
See!! This show successful
So your circuit connection is correct, if u see any error, then you should recheck ur connection again and compile again
12. select new – university program vwf -ok 'Fig 16'
13. 'Fig 17'
You will get this window
14. go to edit –set end time- select 16 us
15. go to edit- grid size – select 1us
16. then u will see this 'Fig 18'
17. edit –insert –insert node or bus 'Fig 19'
Click node finder and you will see a window like this 'Fig 20'
If u don’t see any name on here, just click list
18. select all the nodes to your right side like this 'Fig 21'
19. now u see 5 waveform but all are like same ,
20. edit-value-overwrite clock and for a select the period 2 'Fig 22'
21. you will see the change 'Fig 23'
Save ur project as more as u can
22. click simulation-run simulation then see the the final result 'Fig 24'
U r done!
Thanks for seeing the procedure