The E-Learning Framework which can be used to capture an organization’s inventory of e-learning by addressing issues encompassing the following eight dimensions of open and distributed learning environments:
1. Pedagogical: Refers to teaching and learning. This dimension addresses issues concerning content, audiences, goal and media analysis; design approach; organization and methods and strategies of e-learning environments.
2. Technological: Examines issues of technology infrastructure in e-learning environments. This includes infrastructure planning, hardware and software.
3. Interface Design: Refers to the overall look and feel of e-learning programs. The interface design dimension encompasses page and site design, content design, navigation, and usability testing.
4. Evaluation: Includes both assessment of learners, and evaluation of the instruction and learning environment.
5. Management: Refers to the maintenance of learning environment and distribution of information.
6. Resource Support: Examines the online support and resources required to foster meaningful learning environments.
7. Ethical: Relates to social and political influence, cultural diversity, bias, geographical diversity, learner diversity, information accessibility, etiquette, and the legal issues.
8. Institutional: Issues of administrative affairs, academic affairs and student services related to e-learning.