The Holy Qur'an

Author Topic: The Holy Qur'an  (Read 31492 times)

Offline Shamim Ansary

• Change Yourself, the whole will be changed
    • View Profile
The Holy Qur'an
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:11:08 PM »

The Qur'an is the name given by God Himself to the book revealed to the Holy Prophet of Islam, containing the final law for mankind. The word Qur'an means a book which is meant to be read. The word also means a book or message which is meant to be conveyed and delivered to all peoples. The Qur'an is the only revealed book whose delivery or message is absolutely unrestricted; for whereas all other books are meant for specific times and specific peoples, the Quran is meant for all times and all peoples (34:29).

2: 2. Alif, Lam, Mim.

2: 3. This is a perfect Book; there is no doubt in it; it is a guidance for the righteous,

56: 78. This is, indeed, a noble Qur'an,

56: 79. In a well-preserved Book.

98: 4. Wherein are lasting commandments.

39: 24. ALLAH has sent down the Best Discourse - a Book, whose verses are mutually supporting and repeated in diverse forms. The skins of those, who fear their Lord, do creep at its recital, then their skins and their hearts soften to the remembrance of ALLAH. Such is the guidance of ALLAH. HE guides therewith whom HE pleases. And he whom ALLAH adjudges astray - he shall have no guide.

43: 2. Ha Mim.

43: 3. WE cite as evidence this perspicuous Book,

43: 4. WE have made it a Book to be oft read in clear, eloquent language that you may understand.

43: 5. And, surely, it is safe with US in the Mother of the Book, exalted and full of wisdom.

33: 73. Verily, WE have offered the trust of the Divine Law to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, but they refused to bear it and were afraid of it. But man bore it. Indeed, he is capable of being unjust to, and neglectful of, himself.

33: 74. The consequence is that ALLAH will punish hypocritical men and hypocritical women, and idolatrous men and idolatrous women; and ALLAH turns in Mercy to believing men and believing women; and ALLAH is Most forgiving Merciful.

17: 89. Say, `If men and jinn should gather together to produce the like of this Qur'an, they could not produce the like thereof, even though they should help one another.'

17: 90. And surely We have set forth for mankind in various ways all kinds of similitudes in this Qur'an, but most men would reject everything in respect of it but disbelief.

11: 18. Can he, then, who stands upon a clear proof from his Lord, and to testify to whose truth a witness from HIM shall follow him, and who was preceded by the Book of Moses, a guide and a mercy, be an imposter? Those who are the true followers of Moses believe therein, and whoever of the opposing parties disbelieve in it, the Fire shall be his promised place. So be not thou, O reader, in doubt about it. Surely, it is the truth from thy Lord; but most men believe not.

6: 93. And this is a Book which WE have revealed, full of blessings, to fulfil that which preceded it, and to enable thee to warn the Mother of towns and those around her. And those, who believe in the Hereafter, believe therein and they strictly observe their Prayers.

5: 4. Forbidden to you is the flesh of an animal which dies of itself, and blood and the flesh of swine; and that on which is invoked the name of any other than ALLAH; and that which has been strangled; and that which has been beaten to death; and that which has been killed by a fall and that which has been gored to death; and that of which a wild animal has eaten, except that which you have properly slaughtered; and that which has been slaughtered at an altar as an offering to idols. And forbidden is also this that you seek to know your lot by the divining arrows. That is an act of disobedience. This day have those who disbelieve despaired of harming your religion. So fear them not, but fear ME. This day have I perfected your religion for you and completed MY favour upon you and have chosen for you Islam as religion. But whoso is forced by hunger, without being wilfully inclined to sin, then, surely, ALLAH is Most Forgiving, and is Merciful.

6:156. And this is a Book which WE have sent down; full of blessings. So follow it, and guard against evils that you may be shown mercy,

17: 83. And WE gradually reveal of the Qur'an that which is healing and a mercy to believers; but it only adds to the loss of the wrongdoers.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 09:31:25 AM by Shamim Ansary »
"Many thanks to Allah who gave us life after having given us death and (our) final return (on the Day of Qiyaamah (Judgement)) is to Him"

Offline shibli

• God is only one without a second. [Upanisad 6:2]
    • View Profile
Re: The Holy Qur'an
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 10:53:26 AM »
If all the trees on earth were pens and all the sea, with seven more seas besides, was ink Allah’s words still would not run dry. Allah is Almighty, All-Wise. (Surah Luqman, 27)
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 12:18:28 PM »

O you who believe! Spend out of (the bounties) I have provided for you, before the Day comes when no bargaining (Will avail), nor friendship nor intercession. Those who reject Faith they are the wrong-doers. (2:254)
Those who worship the natural elements enter darkness (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). Those who worship sambhuti sink deeper in darkness. [Yajurveda 40:9]; Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:35:31 PM »
There is no compulsion in religion; truly the right way has become clearly distinct from error; therefore, whoever disbelieves in the Shaitan and believes in Allah he indeed has laid hold on the firmest handle, which shall not break off, and Allah is Hearing, Knowing. 2:256

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »
Allah is full of bounty to humankind, but Most of them are ungrateful. 2:243

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 12:38:47 PM »
Eat and drink of that which Allah has provided, and do not act corruptly, making mischief in the earth. 2:60

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »
And if your Lord had pleased He would certainly have made people a single nation, and they shall not cease to differ or dispute. 11:118

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 12:44:49 PM »
Surely good deeds take away evil deeds; this is a reminder to the mindful. 11:114

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 04:04:01 PM »
And those who are constant, seeking the pleasure of their Lord, and keep up prayer and spend (benevolently) out of what I have given them secretly and openly and repel/overcome evil with good; as for those, they shall have the (happy) issue of the abode. 13:22

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »
“Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah: for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction." 13:28

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 04:11:58 PM »
They believe in Allah and the last day, and they enjoin what is right and forbid the wrong and they strive with one another in hastening to good deeds, and those are among the good. 03:114

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010, 01:16:13 PM »
Then give to the near of kin his due, and to the needy and the wayfarer; this is best for those who desire Allah’s pleasure, and these it is who are successful. 30:38

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »
Turn you back in repentance to Him, and fear Him: establish regular prayers, and be not you among those who join gods with Allah,-Of those who divided their religion and became seas every sect rejoicing in what they had with them. 30:31
30:32

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 01:23:14 PM »
He Who answers the distressed one when he calls upon Him and removes the evil, and He will make you successors in the earth. Is there a god with Allah? Little is it that you mind!
27:62 interpreted translation

Offline shibli

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »
Who created me, then He has shown me the way:

And He Who gives me to eat and gives me to drink:

And when I am sick, then He restores me to health

And He Who will cause me to die, then give me life;

And Who, I hope, will forgive me my mistakes on the day of judgment.

My Lord: Grant me wisdom, and join me with the good

And ordain for me a goodly mention among posterity

And make me of the heirs of the garden of bliss

And forgive my father, for surely he is of those who have gone astray;

And disgrace me not on the day when they are raised

The day on which property will not avail, nor sons

Except him/her who comes to Allah with a heart free (from evil).

26:78--89