9 solutions to common Android problems

Author Topic: 9 solutions to common Android problems  (Read 1861 times)

Offline faruque

• View Profile
9 solutions to common Android problems
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »
Android phones are generally easy to use and problem-free, but every now and again you’ll find something goes wrong. Discover the answer to your problem in our quick and easy troubleshooting guide for Android FAQs.

The Android Market won’t load?

Go to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications and find the Android Market app. In this screen you should see a ‘Clear Cache’ button. Tap it and the cache should display 0.00KB. Now try running Android Market. It would also be worth turning the phone off and back on just to make sure.

My SMS messages are going to the wrong people?

There was a bug, admitted by Google, which was fixed a few months ago. If you are still experiencing this problem you will need to check to see if updates have been released for your phone. They are usually distributed over the air, but not everyone installs them.

My Kindle books are not synchronising?

If you find that your last position in a Kindle book on an Android phone is not saved there is a simple trick that should resolve the problem. Always remember to press the home button before you power off the phone because otherwise it may not be synchronised properly by the Kindle service.

How do I know if an app is safe?

When you install an app you will be presented with a screen showing what the app intends to do on your phone. Read through the list and make sure it all sounds right. For example, you wouldn’t expect a cookery app to need access to your contacts. As always, be aware.

Wi-Fi connection problems?

There are many reports of Wi-Fi connection problems under Android, but the following solutions fix most of them. Firstly turn off the Wi-Fi on your handset and turn it back on. If that does not work go to the Wi-Fi settings and choose ‘Forget this network’ for your current connection. You will have to set it up again, but this should do the trick.