Be willing to be vulnerable

Author Topic: Be willing to be vulnerable  (Read 795 times)

Offline abu_jafar

• Test
    • View Profile
Be willing to be vulnerable
« on: September 24, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »

What happens when people open their hearts and minds?  They experience.  They love.  They learn.  They grow.  That’s what vulnerability is – the openness to possibility.  Love is vulnerability.  Happiness is vulnerability.  The risk of being vulnerable is the price of opening yourself to beauty and opportunity.

Being vulnerable is not about showing the parts of you that are polished; it’s about revealing the unpolished parts you would rather keep hidden from the world.  It’s showing up and letting yourself be fully seen.  It’s looking out into the world with an honest, open heart and saying, “This is me.  Take me or leave me.”

The truth is, nothing worthwhile in this world is a safe bet.  Since love and happiness are born out of your willingness to be vulnerable, to be open to something wonderful that could be taken away from you, you must accept it.  Because when you hide from your vulnerability, you automatically hide from everything in life worth attaining.

Be vulnerable.  Allow yourself to feel, to be open and authentic.  Tear down any emotional brick walls you have built around you and feel every unique emotion, both good and bad.  This is real life.  This is how you welcome new opportunities.  Vulnerability sounds like honesty and feels like courage.  Honesty and courage aren’t always the easiest choices, but they’re never the wrong ones.